MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

Wow what a week still undefeated in the college contest and pulled to 2-1 in the pro contest. Yesterday had a great day going 7-2-1 and doubt I can keep it up. What is vegas gonna do now? Big dog last night and over and now a Dallas team that looks like a MASH unit layin 3 or 3.5 to an undefeated rival. Seems to me they are begging you to take the redskins. What is everyones thoughts on tonights game?

I like DALLAS -3 quite a bit but better on the Money line. I think Dallas wins by 3....

UNDER is a possible play too.

I haven't pulled the trigger yet, and going to wait and see what happens. Even if Romo gets knocked out, Kitna ? is a capable backup.

Good value on Dallas bc I think if the skins were 1-1, or 0-2, they line may favor dallas more. Skins are still over-rate din my eyes and should lose this one. The + is begginf for Skin money i think.
    MNF is tricky and I think it is better to cap the perception of the line than to cap the teams as bettors try to bail out their bad weekend.

Comment

it's a hard one. Dallas and washington have given very little total yards defensively and are middle of the pack total offensively.
      Dallas is last in rushing washington having gained twice as much, each 1 rushing td. But both have dominate run defense so far.
      each has averaged about 25 pts per game (but only 2 games). Dallas has given up 25 average washington 17 average.

First road game for washington, first home game for dallas.
      Dallas has lost their last 2 home openers in the new stadium.
      Rex Grossman has a 114.5 passer rating in his 2 monday night games both of which he won.

Romo banged up with a special jacket or whatever, bryant banged up, felix jones banged up and austin looks to be out.

It's a hard one especially at 3.

Looks like dallas will be relying more on the pass and the skins know this. If they can cover that well enough and generate a good run game of their own then they win straight up.
      it's a heads/tails kind of game I'll make a stand at:
      washington +3. under 44.5.

Comment

I haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet either. I was thinking of a 2team teaser with skins +10 and unsure how I'd do the total. Over 37.5 sounds good or under 51.5. That could be the range anyhow.

Comment

This is what I have learned so far.
          Dallas rushing game is the worst in the NFL so far with just a 2.3 ypc average, and now Jones is banged up. I wouldn't expect many touches for him tonight. He will be wearing a shoulder harness and did not practice all week until practicing in a limited manner on Fri/Sat . Maybe DeMarco Murray will surprise and have a killer game, but the Redskins are only allowing an average of 84 rushing ypg. Austin is out but Bryant is back, although Bryant did not participate in practice through Friday, and only limited on Saturday. Romo will try and play but he also did not practice all week until Saturday and was very limited then.
          Who knows how healthy Bryant is and whether he will even be able to complete the game (same with Romo). Even if Bryant is fully healthy you would think he'd be a little rusty? Kevin Ogletree and Jesse Holley would join Bryant to comprise the WR corp, and of course Jason Witten at TE. If Romo is sharp and can complete the game, and if Bryant is on his game, there's no reason Dallas can't be fine with those WR's. Holley came in against the 49ers and had around 85 yds on 3 catches, and they have always been very high on Ogletree. With Romo, Jones and Bryant all very iffy though, I would be hesitant to side with Dallas unless it's just a friendly wager.
          The Redskins come into the game at 2-0 and pretty healthy. They usually play Dallas very tough. Since 2007 Wash is 3-5 SU, but only 1 out of the 5 losses were decided by more than 5 pts. Out of the 4 games @ Dallas since 2007, Wash has won by 2 and lost by just 5, 3 and 1. An interesting side note, Washington led 3 out of those 4 games at HT. I got Washington at +4.5 for the Mock Hilton contest but now it is at +3.5 @ -120 odds.
          As for the totals in Dal/Was match-ups, since 2007 5 have gone under 33 (4 under 24) and 3 games over 50 (50, 51 and 63).
          What I'll probably do for betting purposes is buy the hook and take Wash +4. The total has just gone from 45 to 44.5 and I'm leaning under as both defenses are above average. A 7 pt teaser of Wash +10.5/UN 51.5 sounds pretty good, and hoping the total goes back up to 45 before gametime.
          There have been 8 divisional match-ups so far this year and the totals have been 42, 44, 41, 30, 42, 43, 50 and 62. The 62 was NE/Mia and the 50 was SF/Sea where SF scored 14 pts on a KO return and then a punt return with under 4 minutes to play.
          Defensive stats:
          Dallas: 5th total D, 11th pass D, 2nd rush D
          Wash: 11th total D, 14th pass D, 6th rush D

Comment

The skins have been the dog the last 6 times they have met and wash has covered 4 of them.
            The last game in December wash had a better record and still was getting 9 1/2 and won by 3.

it appears 60% are on wash and the line has dropped 2 points from +5 1/2, The books are doing what they should be to get balanced action by lowering the line. If they believed Dallas was going to cover why lower the line?

with dallas beat up I will side with Wash but buy it to +4

I lean towards Wash +3 1/2
            Last edited by garister; 09-26-2011, 04:29 PM. Reason: wrong spread posted
            good luck

Comment

These posts remind me of my favorite hobby, horse racing. Now, only if they would run like
              they show in the past performances.

No wager tonight, but like the Skins, so Good Luck
              which ever way you decide to play.

Comment

playing teaser skins +10 over 37.5

Comment

As a lifelong Cowboy fan, I can tell you from experience that records mean nothing when it comes to games between the Skins and the Cowobys.

I am taking the Skins plus the points. These teams hate each other and this is a strong rivalry. In 1989 (I believe that is correct), Dallas was 1-15. Their only win was against the Skins in Washington.

Not to take away from the aforementioned handicaping, but to get that many points in a rivalry game, especially with the prospect that Romo may not play the entire game and Dallas is physically beat up, looks like a good deal to me.

I hope Dallas wins by 1.

Comment

Originally posted by OCK View Post

Not to take away from the aforementioned handicaping, but to get that many points in a rivalry game, especially with the prospect that Romo may not play the entire game and Dallas is physically beat up, looks like a good deal to me.

I hope Dallas wins by 1.
                    Nice to have your input. The aforementioned handicapping, however, was 90% pro Washington
                    Last edited by dragon1952; 09-27-2011, 03:13 AM.

Comment

damn. Don't know why I said under and then took an over. As soon as I did that I knew it was wrong. Like a pass you know won't make it. Oh well. I still finished up this weekend so that's good.
                      Good job to those who took washington and/or those who may have seen my initial post and used that information that I did not.
                      Last edited by resteasy; 09-26-2011, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by resteasy View Post
                        damn. Don't know why I said under and then took an over. As soon as I did that I knew it was wrong. Like a pass you know won't make it. Oh well. I still finished up this weekend so that's good.
                        Good job to those who took washington and/or those who may have seen my initial post and used that information that I did not.
                        I just read these posts and thought you had nailed it resteasy, but then you switched from under to over. All you needed was one of those FGs to be a TD. 1st and goal on the 2 for Dallas and they have to settle for the FG. Ugh! Tough one. I had under 45 and Dallas -3. So 1-1, but Dallas was lucky to get the win. If they line up to play this one again tomorrow night, it might be a Pickem! But I went for Rob Ryan and that may have been the difference. I didn't think Dallas' offense was that bad and banged up.

Comment

Thanks man. Yeah it was one of those that re-enforced what I had said about myself earlier which was that I need to trust my gut again. Last year that's what I did and it took a couple weeks to do so. I was hoping I could start off where I left off but not quite. Thoughts the teaser would give me that buffer but I missed. Oh well.

Good job, I saw you had the under called. Again, got to learn to stick to it like you did.

Comment

Originally posted by OCK View Post
                            As a lifelong Cowboy fan, I can tell you from experience that records mean nothing when it comes to games between the Skins and the Cowobys.

I am taking the Skins plus the points. These teams hate each other and this is a strong rivalry. In 1989 (I believe that is correct), Dallas was 1-15. Their only win was against the Skins in Washington.

I hope Dallas wins by 1.
                            You got what you asked for! Nice.

Comment

If Dallas was healthy, it would not have been a close game. But that was too many points to resist with Dallas so beat up. I grabbed the game early in the week and got the Skins +6.5. That was a lot of points for a game that looked to be so close.

A straight-up Skins win would not have surprised me. Dallas was really short-handed with all those injuries.

Comment

Working...
                              X