Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bills at Bengals. Giants at Cardinals. Are these trap games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bills at Bengals. Giants at Cardinals. Are these trap games?

Bills at Bengals. Giants at Cardinals. Are these "trap" games?

Public is all over the Bills and Giants at these short lines, but the line isn't moving, indicating that there is plenty of big "sharp" wagers coming in on the Bengals and the Cards to balance out all the little $25 wagers on the Bills and Giants by the squares?

I'm feeling pretty square looking at those games.

I especially can't figure out the Giant line, then I read the Giants just aren't that good? Well neither are the Cards. I see way more weapons on the Giants so are they saying the Card defense is that much better? And you wouldn't think the Bengals offense could keep up with the Bills. Bills have averaged about 38 pts and the Bengals could only manage 8 pts at home against the 49ers? I guess we are both just squares. Maybe a let down for the Bills and Giants knocking off the top dogs in their divisions last week?

Comment

It's gotta be some situational play by the sharps. Home Dogs Cards and Bengals. Giants and Bills letdown after big Divisional win. Cards and Bengals lost SU and ATS last week.

There is probably some major trend play based on these situations that gives the Cards and Bengals a 60-70% chance of covering.

But I'd rather know that I am going against some trend that doesn't involve these specific teams than going against some inside info about injuries or locker room turmoil on these teams.

Bills went in to Cinci last year and put up 49. Gave up 31 though. Niners D is better than the Bills' D, but Cedric Benson is out and Andy Dalton is not exactly going to light it up. And Fitz and Company should be able to do a lot more damage than Alex Smith and the plodding Niners O.

Giants are Kings of the Road. They have some very healthy road stats ATS over the last couple years. If Cam Newton in his first game as a rookie can put up over 400 yards on the Cards in this same stadium, then Eli should be able to put up at least 300. Card's D is weak. Giants should be inspired to return to the scene of their greatest triumph in Franchise history as AZ is where they took down the unbeaten Patriots in the Super Bowl.

So in looking at these Teams and how they match-up, these short lines do not seem to be based on that. Gotta be some trend based on the potential letdown from last week's win. Is there some other gremlin lurking behind the scenes?

Comment

As for Cedric Benson, I believe he's playing.

Comment

Benson playing last I heard.
          I think the public are looking for upsets and they don't believe the bills and are iffy on the giants. Arizonia is better at home but not by a lot and the giants are a better team on the road oddly enough.
          I can think of four possible upsets being Arizonia, bengals, Detroit (not believing the Dallas hype here) and oakland but pats don't lose 2 straight. So safest are the former 2.
          Honestly Miami may be another but doubt many are buying with the line where it is.
          This week scares me with how well I feel on many of the matchups (another reason to look for the upsets). But I like giants (slabted as a fan) and vills as bengals I just don't see doing it. 8 pts last week against the 9ers.... Loss to Denver....

But I do like Detroit. Dallas is overhyped, hurt, suh, megatron, no Austin, still in a dome

Comment

I personally think the Jags +7 are the upset play of the day.

Saints not great on the road and out of the dome and off 2 good games.

Thye come out flat at times during the season and I think JAX will gameplan for them well here.

Everyone is on the Saints so a good play on which looks like a blowout by NO against a rookie QB, but I think Jax plays tough and is in it until the end.

Saints win but by a FG.

Also like AZ myself as NYG sputter a lot. Not sure on Cinnci yet.

I like Dallas to win too, but kind of scared of that play...

Comment

After a very physical contest with the Eagles, the Giants are ripe for the ultimate letdown this weekend......Throw the stats out the window because the Giants aren't as good as they've looked, and the Cardinals aren't as bad as they've looked.

Eli's got a shitload of weapons this year at WR, but he can flip-flop in a minute.....Seems like this guy etiher throws for 4 touchdowns a game, or 4 interceptions.....the old "feast or famine" axiom was never more applicable. Brandon Jacobs and Ahmad Bradshaw are very healthy for a change, and they might have to save the day for the G-Men if Arizona shows up with their ears pinned back.

I'm on the Cards at home, and I'll take my chances on the moneyline play...Good Luck.
              ;)

Comment

BOONE, YOU KNOW YOU AND I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM, BUT ARE NOT THE GIANTS HOT...HEY, I AGAIN STINK AT THE NFL BUT SOMEHOW ONLY FROM WAGERING PRINCIPLES I MUST TAKE THE GIANTS... ONLY ME.. AGAIN, I STINK./...

Comment

I can see the Arizona win here, NYG let down, cross country, 90 or hotter weather. Zona did come within 1 of wash who beat NY by 2 TDs.

But I dont see Cincy covering. Buffalo could have a let down,7 TOs and still win cause cincy cant score. Buffalo OWNS Cincy:
                  11/21/10 BUF 49 - CIN 31 BUF 4
                  11/04/07 CIN 21 - BUF 33 BUF 1
                  12/24/05 BUF 37 - CIN 27 BUF 13.5
                  12/19/04 BUF 33 - CIN 17 BUF -3
                  CIN 16 - BUF 22 x OT
                  12/29/02 CIN 9 - BUF 27 BUF -7
                  12/06/98 BUF 33 - CIN 20 BUF -5.5
                  11/17/96 CIN 17 - BUF 31 BUF -7
                  10/21/91 CIN 16 - BUF 35 BUF -13.5
                  11/26/89 CIN 7 - BUF 24

IM taking Minny -1 1/2 first half, Always leading at the break and KC always losing.

Good Luck
                  good luck

Comment

Boone..... I smell an upset in Oakland... thoughts?

Comment

ML parlay....pays 1 to 6.25
                      Lions
                      Oakland

Comment

1-1. I don't think either team let down, but Cinci and Arizona were both playing with a lot of energy. Both games could have gone either way.

Comment

Ariona got screwed, Giants WR went down untouched late in the game let go of the ball and AZ picked it up and the ref stated that he gave himself up and therefore remains NY ball also that it could not be challenged.
                          good luck

Comment

He really did give up. He made no attempt to move forward. That's the definition. He even said he thought he had been touched. That's what the ref saw and that's the rule. It's a judgement call and not reviewable.

This coming from a Giants fan mind you.

Comment

I thought the refs were siding with Coughlin cause he is on the rules commitee
                              good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X