ILLINOIS # 19 AP poll, Coaches Poll 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ILLINOIS # 19 AP poll, Coaches Poll 16

Illinois finds itself ranked #19 in the AP and #16 in the Coaches Poll. There were 3 AP Voters who did not have Illinois on the top 25 ballot

They are ranked ahead of K State, Vtech, Florida State, Texas AM and Baylor, and any of these teams would beat Illinois on any given night.

The Illini are heading off to play Indiana and the early line is Illinois by 16.

This is Indiana's Super Bowl and they played Penn State tough (factoring in 2 Penn State turnovers in the red zone) 16-10 the Hoosiers lost. At this point in the season I do not expect Illinois to blow any team away with points. They just do enough to win games and of course winning is the answer.

Do I smell a trap? You bet I do.......Let's look at how Illinois fares on the road as a ranked team.

Illinois last win on the road when ranked in the AP Poll was Nov 17, 2001
    # 12 Illinois 34 Ohio State 22

Since then Illinois has lost 5 straight road games when ranked in the top 25.

2002 Sugar Bowl to LSU
    2007 at Iowa
    2008 at USC Rose
    2008 in St Louis vs Missouri
    2008 at Penn State

I know this Illinois team is due for a let down and I just know it will be against the Hoosiers

Illinois opens as a 16.5 point road favorite...

Comment

http://gif.mocksession.com/2011/10/nutshot2/

Illinois loses a player over a dirty play one game wont play vs Indiana (Stupid)

Coach Zook said you will never see that type of play again, and suspended him for one game, The Big 10 has agreed to that punishment.

Comment

16.5 is way too many point on the road for this Illini team. However, I am rooting that they do win.

Comment

I agree with you Tax Man 16.5 is to much with a team that has just enough guts to win a game at the end and Illinois always plays to the level of team they are playing, don't know why but they find a way to win

Comment

The line has moved to 14.5 Illinois

Let me first say I do not follow Indiana Football that close but I keep them on the Big 10 radar.

I see a team that is 1-4 (Indiana) under a New Head Coach named Kevin Wilson that is growing and a team that is growing in football can be dangerous at home. They possess something that does not allow them to quit no matter what the game.

Many think that this will be a walk away for Illinois , but I know 2 things........

This is the Hoosiers Super Bowl # 1

# 2 is This is Illinois first game on the road this year, and the Illini are playing down to the level of team they are playing. Doing just enough to post a solid W on the Money Line.

I am not sure how Indiana plans to stop Illinois offense in this game, but a few turnovers will make it all even.

Yes, The Illini are 5-0 first time since 1951 for sure some records say 1932 and trust me they are walking around pinching themselves to make sure this is real.

A really tough call here with 14.5 points knowing how Indiana always causes Illinois fits I must lay with Illinois Straight up and take Indy and the points

Comment

Well, regardless of what happens this weekend, the litmus test will
              be against Ohio State next weekend. You are welcome to shoot this
              down, but I think the Illini are more iffy as a strong favorite because of
              Zook. I think that has been a frustration with the Alumni as well.
              The competition has been weak this year (maybe not Az. St), but still
              there is that lingering doubt if Zook will allow their superior talent to just
              put those teams away and more importanly cover. Rather than fool around,
              the Illini need to crush Indiana and let the Buckeyes know what is in store.

Comment

This isn't a fair comparison, but the last two years Jim Tressel
                was 19-5-2(ties) against the spread. That may have been
                or was a strong factor in how he almost stayed on as the head
                coach. Just sayin.............

Comment

Working...
                X