Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Night Football - Colts @ Bucs

Current line: Tampa Bay -10 O/U 40.5

The Bucs have only averaged 20 pts per game so far and are averaging just 315 total yds of offense per game. They have lost by 7 and won by 4 and 3. They have scored 5 offensive TD's through 3 games, but 3 of them came against the Vikings so just 1 against Detroit and 1 against Atlanta. They are also giving up an average of 20 pts per game.
    Indianapolis, after the debacle at Houston, which was a tough match-up to start the season, have scored 19 and 20 the past 2 weeks losing by 8 to Cleveland and by just 3 to the Steelers. They will start Curtis Painter tonight who will hopefully perform better than Kerry Collins. They should be able to get some kind of running game going and if Painter can hit some short passes and not turn the ball over I think they can keep the TB defense honest and have a good chance to cover the large spread. The Colt defense is good enough to prevent a blow-out as long as there aren't multiple TO's. It's tempting to take the home team here, but if you forget about the Houston game the Colts don't like like such a bad choice.

Colts +10

7 pt teaser
    Colts +17
    OV 33.5

TB 23
    IND 16
    Last edited by dragon1952; 10-03-2011, 07:17 PM.

Great insight...I agree.

Good luck sir!

Comment

also its possible after beating Atlanta a letdown, but playing on monday night is rare for them so probally not.

Im on Indy +10 and small ML @+435
      good luck

Comment

Placed the same teaser last night.
        Good luck to all!

Comment

also put a small moneyline bet in.

liking how painter looks. Figured he'd be a better option than Collins seeing as how he's been sitting behind manning and knows the offense. Plus I figure Clark will gain good value for the fantasy owners as Painter will look to him often.
          If Indy defense holds up at all they actually win this.

The only scary part is this is Tampa at home on Friedman's first monday game. So if they fall behind that doesn't mean much as that will only bolster his capability to run a 4th Q comeback. That's if it comes to that.

Comment

tampa isnt a big time scoring team they like to bound the ball with Blount..And Indy is lucky to score TDS im on Indy +10..I see tampa winning this game easily but the score will be a lot closer then the actual game.
            Indy 17
            Tampa 24

Comment

I've got Indy +10 and Indy +17/OV 33.5 but I like Tampa Bay -7 2nd half. Got it at -7 before it went to 7.5. Still like TB to win by 6 or so.

Comment

well would u look at that spot on with my final

Comment

Sorry...you posted 45 min after game time

Comment

who cares i was in class they were still in the 1st quarter when i posted and it was only 3-0 indy and i chose that score for my monday night pickem contest soooooooo yeaaaaa

and u didnt post a deadline but if there was a deadline im a super hot chick so maybe u will make an exception just for me haha

Comment

You guys were all right on with this one. I also had Indy +10.5 in my thread posted yesterday. But I was sweating as Tampa could have easily covered this. Indy is now really shredded across both lines. They may be a pickem at Indy vs KC next week. Painter was okay but he will not get much protection.

Nice halftime play dragon. I also picked that in a halftime contest.

Next week? Eagles favored by 3 at Buffalo! Pats by 10 over the Jets! GB by 6 at Atlanta!

Comment

Dragon, thanks again for your input, I did go back to double up.

I am starting to like Minnesota -3 at home vs. Arizona. Arizona travel poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
                          Dragon, thanks again for your input, I did go back to double up.

I am starting to like Minnesota -3 at home vs. Arizona. Arizona travel poorly.
                          I also like Minny to get their first win. Their D should get after Kolb and you saw how he back-pedals against the rush. Jarred Allen will be after him. And McNabb should find some success against that poor secondary. Line went from Minny -3 to -1! Uh-oh! Sharps jumped on AZ +3. So do we get scared off by that, or figure we've got some value now at -1?

Lot of line movement favored the dogs early:

Buffalo opened at +3 at home against the Eagles and they quickly took Buffalo and now it's only +1.

Carolina opened at +7 and they took that down to +6.

Seattle opened at +11 at NYG and they took that down to +10 or +9.5!

Jets opened at +10 against the Pats and they bet that down to +9.

Oakland opened at +7 and they took that down to +6.

Denver opened at +6 at home vs SD and they took that down to +4.

Bears opened up +7 at Detroit and they bet that down to +6.

Only one favorite went higher:

Atlanta opened at +4 at home vs. GB and they took that up to +6!

Comment

Working...
                          X