Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Looks College Football week of Oct. 13-15....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Looks College Football week of Oct. 13-15....

I am getting murdered in college football over the past couple weeks. I am a dog player and public fader and the public and the favs have been rolling. I think the books must be getting crushed too.

I am calling that this is the week things kind of even out. I am still going to look at dogs and fad the public even harder as this cannot continue. There are a lot of short lines out there for the good teams who have been rolling but there is always a week or two where things get shaken up.

I am predicting this is the week and my bankroll needs it badly! (good thing the pros have treated me better!)

One of these 2 teams will win SU....

Maryland +8 over Clemson

Virginia +8 over Ga Tech

Both home teams and getting less points that the normal guy would think. I will probably play both later in the week as the lines will rise for the dogs.

I also locked in these already----

Bowling Green +8 over Toledo...Think BG wins this one SU and will be my underdog pick of the week.

Texas tech -2.5 over K-State---K-state is undefeated but ends at TT. Line is low bc kst has not lost.

Navy +4 over Rutgers...Line b/c rutgers manhandled Pitt and Navy got smoked by SO Miss but an even match up on the ground.

Iowa State +15 over Mizzou....Mizzou is not as good as Baylor and the line is the same. Without RG3,and a bunch of stupid mental mistakes plus bad replay review, ISU would have stayed within the 15 at Baylor easily.

This is the most confident I have been so far this year in college so hopefully these can put me back over the hump in College. But no matter what, I will select a great loser for the college contest!

Michigan +1.5 at Michigan State....

What do you guys make of this. Lot of people grabbed Michigan at +3 early and it has now moved to where it is now.

I think Michigan is good, but going into Lansing is not easy.

I am leaning towards the home team.

Vandy +11.5 at home vs. Georgia...Georgia obviously is talented but I smell an upset in the making here. Line should rise in favor of the dog by gametime.

Also, I just grabbed Maryland at +9 over Clemson.

Virginia is still at +7 vs. Georgia Tech in what I see as the biggest 'trap' line on the board for Clemson bettors.

Thoughts guys?

Comment

Woodee let me chime in on the Michigan vs Michigan game

State is giving up less than a two point conversion vs Michigan.

The Spartans are always tough at home and that defense they have is solid. 10.3 points allowed this season on defense # 3 in the nation.

The big question of this game will be can the sparties keep Denard Robinson throwing off his back foot every time with pressure, cause I can tell you when Robinson throws off his back foot he is horrible in the passing game.

We already know that Michigan has no defense that plays a whole game so I expect State to move the ball.

This will be a 24-17 type game Michigan State winning

Comment

I think Toledo waxes Bowling Green. Toledo has hung with or beat some pretty good teams. They went to OT at Syracuse, and pummeled a good Temple team on the road and they actually didn't do as bad against Boise St as the final score indicated IMO, and their wins have been by huge amounts. You are closer to that action than I am though so maybe you have a better view.
        Last edited by dragon1952; 10-11-2011, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dragon1952 View Post
          I think Toledo waxes Bowling Green. Toledo has hung with or beat some pretty good teams. They went to OT at Syracuse, and pummeled a good Temple team on the road and they actually didn't do as bad against Boise St as the final score indicated IMO, and their wins have been by huge amounts. You are closer to that action than I am though so maybe you have a better view.
          Toledo vs Bowling Green.....Thoughts

Both teams have no defense to hang your hat on. They both have a good offense.

I think in the MAC Toledo has one of the best offenses in this conference, and Bowling Greens Defense looks Porous.

Outside of WMU who has a dynamite offense Toledo is right there and I think they beat Bowling Green Straight up and by 21

Comment

Couple moreplays to finish off my card for saturday...

Vandy +11 over Georgia...Closer than expected. GA's 2nd road game in a row and Vandy can play some D.

Virginia +7 over Ga Tech...Weird line---Reminds me of last night's game where San jose was only getting 5-6 vs.hawaii but won.

Michigan State -135 ML over Michigan---don't want to mess with the points.

Washington State +21 over Stanford

Oregon -14 over ASU---Weirtd line once again. Why are they favored by this much over a good,ranked team. Points are a trap!

Kind of like Northwestern +6 over Iowa too, but a night game in IC is tough.

Comment

Working...
            X