Stardust Week 7 NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stardust Week 7 NFL

Chicago -1 v Tampa @ England: Really no clear edge here I see. OC Martz wised up last week against a decent pass rushing Vikes and return threat Hester performed his usual magic. Hester is probable (chest), but not 100%. I'd take the Bears based on the fact they have been a touch more consistent, but I would just throw some "cheer" money at this one. Pass

Washington +2½ at Carolina: I get the distinct feeling the NFL DCs have caught on to Cam Newton, evidenced by his declining numbers. Word is the Carolina OC has had Newton divide the field in half and only read that half. Smart approach as too much too soon has overwhelmed untold NFL prospects. I liked Washington as they have the better defense in the game, but Redskin OL woes have required lots of swapping up front that simply can not benefit new starting QB Beck. Pass

San Diego +1 at NY Jets: Jets flat out bad on offense. Watching the Miami game Monday night also revealed they are blowing defensive coverage in the red zone - at least 2X, where Dolphin QB Moore simply didn't see the open man in the end zone. Don't expect to be so fortunate against Charger QB Rivers. SD Offense is #6, NJY is 29th (overall offense); Defense: SD #4, NYJ #11. This game is huge for both squads and emotion may play a role early, but expect this one to come down to a late FG. San Diego +1*Mock Hilton Pic

Seattle +3 at Cleveland: haven't been following either team closely. Call this the Broken Windshield Game Pass

Houston +3 at Tennessee: without DE Williams and WR Johnson, Texans are not at full strength. Even at this level, they are a tough opponent, but as we saw in Baltimore, they fall just short of the better teams in the NFL. Blitzing Titan QB Hasselbeck is one way to get pressure, but he'll burn DC Wade Phillips scheme sooner or later. I like the Titans at home and see them pulling away late, riding RB Johnson to a win and cover. Titans -3 *Mock Hilton Pic

Denver -1 at Miami: Looks like the Dolphins are in charge of the Luck draft choice. The best thing - they don't have to do anything to get him. All owner Steven Ross has to do is stand pat. With Tim Tebow and the rest of the Florida Gators' being saluted at the game, can you even imagine being a Miami player? Who is the PR genius who thought this one up? Bad teams, bad timing, bad juju. I look for the Dolphins to step up and win one, proving yet again - they can't get anything right. Pass

Atlanta +4 at Detroit: coming off a stunning home loss to SF, it's time to see what the Lions are made of; they are either a real contender or an exposed pretender. Falcons are simply not performing at the same level as 2010, while Detroit had its winning streak snapped. Have to believe the Lions are the better team, at home, off a loss and looking to make a statement. Detroit -4*Mock Hilton Pic

Kansas City +4 at Oakland: lots of noise and people picking the Chiefs, but based on what? T. They have to be one of the worst teams in football, with wins against the Colts and Vikings. Oakland has a defense, a running game and a QB that knows the system in Kyle Boller. Boller used to be the starting QB for the home teams here (Baltimore Ravens) and as so, I know him very well. he is like the girl with the curl. When he is good he is very good and when he is bad, he is VERY bad. I doubt HC Jackson will allow the game to rest in the unsteady hands of Kyle Boller. Complicating matters further is the Oakland FG kicker (Sebastian Janikowski) is out. Without Sea Bass, I gotta Pass

Pittsburgh -3½ at Arizona: funny line here and expect the cash to roll in on Pittsburgh. As I always say - when you make a sucker bet, there can only be one sucker. Bookies aren't giving money away. Can you bring yourself to bet on Arizona? Yeah - me neither, but I sure as hell ain't taking the Steelers either. This line smells bad. Pass

Rams + 13½ at Dallas: I had the Packers last week -14½, so I am not taking Dallas minus the big spread. Rams starting QB Bradford out (high knee sprain), so backup Feely gets the nod and has a new WR to stretch the Dallas D. Rams spent a lot of time inside the Packer 30 last week and maybe the Cowboys come out and lay the wood to St. Louis, but I'll leave that one to the coin tossers of the world. Pass

Green Bay -9 at Minnesota: Packers scored 0 in the second half last week against the Rams and they will have some things to work on, while Vikes start rookie QB Ponder against a Dom Capers defense. Not exactly a recipe for success in my opinion. Green Bay -9*Mock Hilton Pic & BW GOW Selection

Indianapolis +14 at New Orleans: over the total (49) in this one. Saints D is not what it once was and Colts have no way to stop Brees and Co. unless Drew tosses another 3 picks like last week. Look for lots of points here. Colts have nothing to lose and Painter is actually a serviceable QB. Over 49

Baltimore -9 at Jacksonville: another rookie QB (Gabbert) against a defense that can make this a game to forget. Baltimore -9*Mock Hilton Pic
    As Always - Good Luck,

Sonny
Working...
X