Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think about "The Mock Hilton" so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the feed back guys.........

Comment

Its fun being in a pool against some real quality competition! I think the numbers of the people in the pool are very impressive and speak highly of the forum. I'm in the habit of checking the Sunday morning wrapup now to see what the pros here agreed upon! It'd be nice to have a summary of both the top players AND all players (see if the masses disagree with the leaders).

Comment

It's like a horse race as we just pass the half way point. It will be fun to watch down the stretch.
        I have a feeling someone will post a 13-2 record during the final stretch to take the lead.

Comment

I will give you my thoughts on the contest.

Very well run conducive to a excellent game that brings players here again and again.

Your doing a great job

Comment

This was a great idea. Feel more connected in my gaming
            when it's a competition against others for $$$.
            Just curious how those who wanted a Sunday deadline are
            doing so far. Monroe, you were one of the late deadline
            guys right? How do you feel about it now?
            Even though it is tough for the West Coast players, I think
            Saturday is a good deadline.
            Mostly because I can check out the top picks and make
            some early Sunday plays! Ha, ha.

Comment

Krichinsky, yes... I am one of the late deadline guys. Looks like we might be a dying breed because it seems just about everybody is for the midnight saturday deadline. I'm ok with it though... this is an excellent contest so no need to rock the boat over a difference of a few hours. I've been doing fairly decent in the contest, its just that I'm used to picking the pro games on sunday mornings and getting the latest information.

Comment

Love it!

I'm totally loving this! I used to only bet NFL when i went to Vegas every year for the Superbowl. But now, i am way more interested in sports gambling. I subscribed to Bettorsworld, and i got the random email about this contest. For me $50 was alot, but considering it took all season to lose, it would be fun to try it out. Keep it at $50, and follow the Hilton rules. Honestly, it is legitimate minor league for that contest. If i finish the season with a competitive %, i will drop the $1500 next year and do both.

Comment

Good stuff guys, thanks, 9 weeks to go.......the race is on.

Comment

I think i found a loophole, correct me if i'm wrong. Hypothetically the major diff between this and the Hilton contest is that we can see each others picks prior to making our own picks. So in week 17, if i'm in first place and there is only 1 person in second capable of catching me, i could wait until the second place person makes their picks and copy those- theoretically keeping me in first no matter what happens. (all of that would be providing that no one else could catch us). What i'm getting at, is there a way where we could submit our picks- and they wouldn't be viewable by everyone else until the Saturday deadline?

Comment

In the past as we get towards the end of a specific
                      contest, the leaders email their picks to the administrator
                      and then he posts the picks after the deadline.
                      In this case, I'm not sure how soon before the last
                      week we will have to do this.

Comment

Hopefully I'll be part of that "we".

Comment

I think we discussed this for this contest or maybe it was the College GOW contest.

Something like the last four weeks of the contest, you can, if you choose, email your picks in and the administrator will post them after the deadline has past.

Comment

Originally posted by widestrides View Post
                            I think we discussed this for this contest or maybe it was the College GOW contest.

Something like the last four weeks of the contest, you can, if you choose, email your picks in and the administrator will post them after the deadline has past.
                            We just might need to do that for the players at the top..........thinking?????

Comment

That sounds like a fair solution, emailing in. I just want my picks to be Private in the last few weeks.

Comment

I'm 100% fine with the Sat midnight deadline, I just wish it was my midnight (PST). Would it matter to anyone if the deadline were 3AM EST?

As for mailing in picks towards the end, its necessary I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X