Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think about "The Mock Hilton" so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monroe Eaford View Post
    Krichinsky, yes... I am one of the late deadline guys. Looks like we might be a dying breed because it seems just about everybody is for the midnight saturday deadline. I'm ok with it though... this is an excellent contest so no need to rock the boat over a difference of a few hours. I've been doing fairly decent in the contest, its just that I'm used to picking the pro games on sunday mornings and getting the latest information.
    I am one of those west coast people that hate this early deadline too. thats why I didnt play. I know I would have missed atleast 1 week. but based on my POW results its good I didnt participate.

If you'd consider moving the deadline to 3AM est/12 PM PST as blackcat suggests, that would help.
    good luck

Comment

The deadline hurt me also.

My dad just died and I had trouble getting my picks in 2 weeks ago. Posted them 10 minutes late and did not get it counted.
      I was going to post last week 2 minutes late but I knew it was not going to be counted.

Oh well. Hopefully I can get in next year.

Good luck to all the contestants.

Comment

oakas, I did the standings for woodie that week and I remember your picks being about 20 minutes late so I didnt count them. This makes me feel terrible because my father just had heart surgery recently and there was a couple weeks where I had to post the mock hilton picks from my phone because I couldnt get to my home computer. Kinda felt bad even posting the picks.

sorry to hear about your old man.

Comment

Some contests have a default pick. Like the NFL GOW, you can still pick the MNF game. We could allow guys to pick at least the SNF and MNF games if we space out and miss the Saturday night deadline. Then at least you have a chance to pick up two games instead of getting the discouraging 0-5!

Comment

I'm all for the e-mail option for the business end of the contest.
            As for the picks deadline, I am making it work while living in Sydney, 18hrs ahead of EST. Just sayin...

Comment

Originally posted by Monroe Eaford View Post
              oakas, I did the standings for woodie that week and I remember your picks being about 20 minutes late so I didnt count them. This makes me feel terrible because my father just had heart surgery recently and there was a couple weeks where I had to post the mock hilton picks from my phone because I couldnt get to my home computer. Kinda felt bad even posting the picks.

sorry to hear about your old man.
              Thanks Monroe. I really appreciate it.
              My dad was a very cool guy, and I miss him.

Comment

OCK.............our player in 1st place didn't post, am I missing him?? WOW, he was all alone at the top, that's to bad ???

Comment

No, I don't see OCK's picks unless he emailed Jeff. I don't see his NFL GOW post either. Tough one.

Maybe next year, we could all set up a default entry - 5 teams that become our entry if we space out or miss for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by widestrides View Post
                    No, I don't see OCK's picks unless he emailed Jeff. I don't see his NFL GOW post either. Tough one.

Maybe next year, we could all set up a default entry - 5 teams that become our entry if we space out or miss for whatever reason.
                    Sorry but we're trying to play by the Hilton's rules.........so if a player doesn't take this serious enough to figure out a way to make his picks then so be it........this is just another part of this contest..............I'm trying to make this an equal playing field for everyone involved.

Comment

OaKAS-
                      sorry to hear that about your dad. Its really tough if you were close.

My dad has cancer and kemo didnt work so he is just waiting now.

Take care, good luck rest of the year.
                      good luck

Comment

Working...
                      X