Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widestrides NFL Picks Week 8

[B]Season: 42-28 (60%)

Just Leans and open for discussion now. Final picks later.

New England -2.5 at Pitt. Like the Pats at -2.5. Maybe even -3. Brady ahs had good success against the Steelers enve when their D was good. Both Ds are belwo par this year.

New England/Pitt over 51. It has gone up to 52 so I might not play it, but this could be a high scoring affair if Pats stick to their no huddle hurry up.

Dallas +3.5 at Philly. I like what Rob Ryan has done with the Boys' D and the Eagles D is not very good in the hands of that former OL Coach. However, it is a tough spot for the Cowboys as it is a must win for the Eagles. I may need that extra half point.

Seahawks if +3. Maybe. Cinci doing it with smoke and mirrors and a good D. Whitehurst was bad last week. Maybe he redeems himself.

Rams if +14? Not sure I can do it. Rams have taxi-squaders as CBs. Bradford or Feely at QB? Saints weak D is the only hope. 34-24 on a late garbage TD by the Rams? But maybe there are better bets elsewhere than this prayer.

Bills -6. It's in Toronto. Skins are coming a bit undone. Still have a good D though. But they are missing Hightower, Moss and Cooley and Beck is at QB

SF -8.5 vs Cleveland. I can't see Browns scoring more than 10. Niners D playing lights out. Browns couldn't get more than 6 at home vs Seahawks! Still, 8.5 is a lot for Alex Smith to cover.
    Browns / Niners over 38.5. Tough call as Browns would need to open it up and contribute to the total. Maybe TOs and a return or two by Cribbs and Ginn will get it over.

SD/KC over 44. Rivers and that arsenal he commands can score some points. How do they keep finding ways to lose? Chiefs will have to try to keep up.

Houston -9.5 vs Jacksonville. Not sure Jags will get 10. Letdown from their big MNF win. Wade has Texans D playing great. Back home in the loud Dome vs Rookie Gabbert. Jags don't get 10 points.

Panthers/Vikings over 48. Panthers always over. Cam can score on anyone, certainly this Viks D and Panthers D willhave trouble containing AP.

Bills/Redskins over 46. Bills are an over machine with a great O and a bad D. But Shanahan will try ball control. I'm banking on Bills not allowing them to as they will score early.

Eagles/Boys under if 51. Back and forth on this one. I see Cowboys going for ball control. But I could also see it getting into a track meet. I like Rob Ryan. He has that Boys D playing very well. Pats barely got 20 at home vs Boys. Gotta believe he will be ready for Vick.

Giants -9 and over 43. Fins CBs are weak. Eli will have a field day. Fins do have some WRs but not much of a QB. Tuck, Jacobs and the Prince back. Giants off bye usually not so good. Fins seem to like their coach and may play hard.

Denver +3.5 vs Detroit. Tebow more comfortable at Mile High. Lions may be without Stafford and reeling a bit even with him. Best still out? No running game. Denver will be up for it.

Last edited by widestrides; 10-27-2011, 12:06 PM.

I like Seattle at home. They've only played there twice so far with a 3 pt win over Arizona and a 2 pt loss to Atlanta. The crowd noise in that stadium is insane and a rookie like Dalton might have trouble. Plus, Cincy will not have Benson and instead will go with Bernard Scott so who knows how he will perform. He's only got 98 yds so far on 35 touches for about a 2.8 yd average per touch, and his longest gain has only been 9 yds.

Comment

Gotta love NE, I dont know the exact record, but I heard Brady pretty good against anyone when he has 2 weeks to prepare. Brady 6-1 vs Pitt. Pitt has The Ravens after NE and might look past NE toward their revenge with the division rival.I watch the Pitt /AZ game like I watch all pitt games and Ben was harrassed constantly and if AZ can shut down the pitt run I know NE can.

Lambs might cover, but I wont risk my money on them until they show me something.

Like the Gmen too, JP Losman is probally gonna start and he was just signed this week, so unless NY turns the ball over 7 times they might not cover, but the Jets handed the ball to the Fins twice b2b possessions inside the 20 and all they got was 1 FG.
      good luck

Comment

watch out for that seattle game. See if Marshawn Lynch is playing or not. He is a key player. Without him the bengals win and cover even in Seattle.
        Also, haven't seen much out of the running back but with bensen as the starter he doesn't get many chances. It's been 2 weeks with him and the first team getting ready for this game so he;ll be ready to carry the rock. Also see gresham doing well picking up some slack.
        Kind of a tough game with it in seattle.
        leaning cincy myself.

It;s looking like Stafford will play. I am not buying the Tebow hype just yet. 55 minutes or horredous football does not make me a believer. However, this is his first game at home and the crowd will be rocking. Mile high is a tough place to play which makes this a harder decision. Lions lost to 2 good teams. Denver is not a good team and I think the lions take the win and at 3 pts I take that too.

The new england pick is so easy it scares me. Still taking it but just feel a little weird.

Dallas too. For same reasons really. At least here I see people playing on the eagle hype. That and banking on a rest and home field.

Comment

Seattle only managed 3 points vs cleveland last week
          they cant be that good

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
            Seattle only managed 3 points vs cleveland last week
            they cant be that good
            Any yet they managed 36 at the New York Giants and 28 last time at home vs Atlanta. But that was with T-Jackson, although Whitehurst also played well in the 2H of the Giants game. Sharps on Seattle as line has crashed through +3 all the way to +1.

T-Jackson may even play. Lynch also. Both designated questionable.
            Last edited by widestrides; 10-27-2011, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Locking in:

NY Giants -9
              Carolina over 47.5
              Dallas +3.5

Comment

I think Lynch plays, plus they get TE Zach Miller back and Whitehurst has one more week practice. They are a tough team at home. I'm up here in the Pacific Northwest and we get every game. Remember what happened to New Orleans last year. And they may have only scored 3 at Cleveland but remember they only gave up 6 too. In fact, last 4 games 3 pt win, 2 pt loss, 11 pt win 3 pt loss.
                Last edited by dragon1952; 10-28-2011, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Adding and Locking in:

Houston -9
                  Carolina -3
                  Patriots -2.5
                  SF -8.5
                  SD over 44
                  Last edited by widestrides; 10-29-2011, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Updated card

NY Giants -9
                    Houston -9
                    Carolina -3
                    Carolina over 47.5 and now 46.5. (Weather related I guess.)
                    Dallas +3.5
                    Patriots -2.5
                    SF -8.5
                    SD over 44

Waiting on Denver, Seattle, and Buffalo.

GL

Comment

Adding:

Buffalo -4
                      Seattle +1

Buying out of that Minnesota/Carolina over 47.5 now that it has gone back up to 47 and keeping the over 46.5. Cost some juice to buy the extra half point to under 47.5.

Passing on Denver. Don't trust Tebow and fear the Lions D.

Comment

Final card

NY Giants -9
                        Houston -9
                        Carolina -3
                        Carolina over 46.5
                        Buffalo -4
                        Seattle +1
                        Patriots -2.5
                        SF -8.5
                        Dallas +3.5
                        SD over 44

GL

Comment

Ugh. 3-7! Carolina's missed 31 yard FG at the end of regulation killed me. And 7 FGs tonight. RedZone futility.

Had a good run the last 4 weeks. Was due to get taken down.

Will try to get back on the horse next week.

Season 45-35 (56.3%) Down from 60%. That's what a 3-7 will do to you.

Comment

Working...
                          X