Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RED RAIDER GIVE ME YOUR BAMA -5 thoughts vs LSU

Red Raider

I know you are a die hard fan of the tide and I value your team insight. So I would like to ask your thoughts on this game.

All year long I have said Bama is the best team in the nation having LSU a close second.

So tell me the inside scoop Red, who is hurt? How are they looking? What does the match up look like in key areas?

Might be to much to ask but I need inside intelligence from you on this game.

Thanks

it might be

rr did proclaim (multiple times) that 'Bama WILL lose at least 2 or 3 games this season, and this would have to be one of them so the play has to be LSU no?

Comment

Carpet,

Let me throw a few stats at you. Alabama is number one in 3 of 4 defensive categories and I agree that they have a great defense. Now let's look at it further, out of 120 division one schools they have played numbers 120 Kent, 115 Miss, 109 N. Texas, 106 Vandy, 102 Tennessee, 94 Florida, 88 Penn st., and 25 Arkansas as far as total offense. They have played NOBODY other than Arkansas with an offense. Now LSU is not ranked real high in total offense themselves but they have played tougher defenses than Bama. Alabama has played nobody and I mean nobody other than a hurt Arkansas team.

You lost Ingram, Mc Elroy, Jones, and Darious a ton of talent and Saturday it will show that they lost them. LSU will play Bama just like the Vols did and stack the middle and stop Richardson. They are going to put eight in the box and stop him. Bama will do what they did against Tennessee in the second half and try and open it up but unlike Tennessee, LSU has the corners (Claiborne and Mathieu) to play Mays and Hanks one on one. Remember, Julio Jones is not here no more and that my friend will be game, set, and match.

One last thing, Alabama has one of the best offensive lines in the nation. If there is a weakness it is on the outside which by the way is LSU's best part of the defensive line. AJ Mac is nowhere near as good as Mc Elroy was Montgomery and Mingo will put him on his ass a couple of times. This will be a great game but I think that AJ Mac's inexperience in this type of environment will show...

GOOD LUCK CARPET MY FRIEND..

Comment

The line is down to -4.5 in some spots -5 at others

Thanks Red for your insight. You placed a light on some dark corners I was seeking for information.

Let me just say after countless hours of looking at this game I have come up with one solid conclusion. Bama is the only team in the nation that can beat LSU and on the flip side of that coin LSU is the only team in the nation that can beat Bama.

The BIG question is who beats themselves worse. Turnovers will be a key to this game and I predict that Jarret Lee will throw a pick 6 to seal the deal for Bama.

At home with a team Nick Saban calls his best in all the years he has coached there is no way in reds earth clay that they lose this game at home.

It's going to be a War. I am just liking the way that Bama defense is so opportunistic in creating scoring turnovers.

I laying with the tide

Comment

Well Carpet, I am like 40% on my sec picks this year so you will probably be okay...Going to be a great game.. good luck!!!!

Comment

SO who are picking to win this game Red?

Comment

LSU...like I said all along. Bama will lose 2 possibly 3 games this year.. Me and my 40% stand behind that. lol

Comment

Come on Big Red get in the pond with me there are fish to be had.

You are over thinking this game, Bama has the # 1 scoring defense in the nation allowing 6.9 a game.

Bama will feast at home cant convince me other wise so might as well jump on board with bama at home team and it's # one defense in the Nation at home.
                Last edited by Carpet; 11-03-2011, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Man Carpet.....you ask for homer info and get some pretty solid data and then you fade him? LOL....that's pretty low bro ;^ )

jk

Comment

Thats some good info red raider. As a normally pessimistic LSU fan, I actually am quite optimistic about this game. Everything is about how great Bama's D is, but very little talks about the competition. LSU is #3 defensively and has faced Oregon and West Virginia. Lets also not forget last season- LSU ran for over 200 yards on Bama's defense, and pretty much the same group of players (granted, a year more developed). I put their defenses as about even, but LSU has the little better offense to me. 24-17 Tigahs.

Comment

LSU Dog,

I think you are right that both defenses are about even. I have said all season that this Bama team is not as good as last years team. One reason for both defensive rankings is the inept offenses in the sec. Usually you have Tenn/Florida at least with great offenses, not this year. When has the Gators been rated 74th in total offense? Look I think this will be a very close game and I am banking on AJ Mac folding. If he doesn't there will be some big play opportunities with single coverage. He is a very good throwing the long ball. Also, you being a LSU fan you know that Lee has been known to throw picks in his past for tds. So I think AJ won't be able to handle the pressure and Lee won't go back to his old self.

Mainly I think LSU will be more physical at the receiver position and Bama won't have the luxury of playing them one on one. I have been wrong more than right this year, so we shall see.

Good luck LSU Dog

Comment

Originally posted by dragon1952 View Post
                        Man Carpet.....you ask for homer info and get some pretty solid data and then you fade him? LOL....that's pretty low bro ;^ )

jk

Dragon,

I did not call Red Raider out to get his picks just to fade him, I find his game review on Bama always enlightening.

As far as fading him, I am sure Red takes no offense to me doing that and there is a big chance he is dead balls right on this game.

Just from friendly banter back and forth is all this is...

Comment

Okie dokie ;^ )

Comment

I have took it on the chin about my picking against Alabama all year. I know that they are very good and they are my team but I know that they are not as good as advertised. I have always called it as I have saw it and they will lose tonight. Check it out, I have only said that a few times in the last couple of years and I for the most part have been right. They are still my team and I know I have sucked this year on the sec but I am right on this game.. BANK IT...I hate that because I hate Les Miles and am not particularly fond of LSU.. Hey Carpet, no worries... you and I will always be cool.. But don't bet on Bama tonight because I am right and your wrong..

Comment

Red,

I watched on ESPN a shot of the Bama team arriving 3 hours before game time to the stadium, the crowd was amazing.

There is no turning back I am saying ROLL TIDE to win this Straight up and cover the 4.5

GL

Comment

Working...
                              X