No announcement yet.

Week #9 "Mock Hilton Contest"...........Post Your 5 Picks Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess I will have to join the group that wants noon Sunday as the deadline to make picks. I was out of town Saturday and unable to make my picks.

Should have made them earlier in the week. Hard lesson learned.

Comment

I know I missed the deadline, but just for fun to see how I would have done had I made the deadline, my picks would have been:
      Indianapolis, Miami, Washington, San Diego, and Baltimore.

Really ticks me off I didnt make picks earlier in the week.

Comment

Originally posted by OCK View Post
        Guess I will have to join the group that wants noon Sunday as the deadline to make picks. I was out of town Saturday and unable to make my picks.

Should have made them earlier in the week. Hard lesson learned.
        That really is to bad and you being alone in first place with a nice chunk of money at stake. So out of town without a lap top or a way to get to one. Hotels and Libraries have them, hate to see our top guy go down like this, sorry OCK.

Comment

Thanks, but I have no one to blame but myself. I decided on my picks Friday and could have made them before I went out of town, but failed to do so. By the time I got home it was too late. Did not have laptop with me nor access to internet while out of town.

I will have to try and climb back up.

Comment

If someone is traveling, would it be okay to email your tentative picks in early and tell Jeff or The Boys to post them as official if you don't get to a computer in time to post them yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by widestrides View Post
              If someone is traveling, would it be okay to email your tentative picks in early and tell Jeff or The Boys to post them as official if you don't get to a computer in time to post them yourself?
              Sure.........My email address is posted with the rules.

Comment

I think mailing in tentaive picks really complicates the matter.

I take full, 100% responsibility for missing the deadline. I knew the deadline and missed it.

I could make excuses, but bottom line is, it is my own fault.

Now, back to kicking my ass some more.

Comment

Damn it. A dez bryant goal line fumble away from 5-0. Screw you cowboys!

Comment

IF I had made my picks on time, I would have gone 2-3, so I dont feel as bad about missing the deadline as I did Sunday morning. It only cost me two points. Hopefully that won't make a difference at the end of the season, but two points can be big if one is still in the money at the end.

Comment

OCK I feel for you....i work Fridays and Saturdays (all day) and don't even start on my picks' research until 10 p.m.
                      Saturday, and worry about missing the deadline every week. That's why I was for the Noon Sundays deadline. Glad you're
                      not totally out of it. Good luck the rest of the way!

Comment

Thanks. I start looking at potential games about Wednesday. At work we are running a similar contest, and our picks are due by 10 am Friday since some guys leave at noon Friday. Usually I make the same picks on both contests, but sometimes vary one or two games.

I could have made my picks Friday, but I prefer to make them Saturday in case of any last minute injuries, etc. This time I messed up.

Good luck to you too!

Comment

OCK... It's refreshing to have someone take responsibility, and not make excuses. Your humbleness is also commendable. That being said, you have a fan pulling for you, especially since I am wayyyy down in the standings Deadlines are going to have detractors regardless. A noon sunday would still have those saying a natural disaster, or something else, caused them to miss it. The Boys has done a great job with this "Mock" Hilton Good Luck rest of the way.

Comment

Oldluds,

Thanks for the kind words.

You are correct. No matter when the deadline, someone is going to miss it and complain.

But if we are going to call ourselve a "Mock Hilton" contest, then we need to construct our rules as close as possible to theirs. Otherwise, we can't justify the name.

I also agree, The Boys has done a great job with the contest, and woodee deserves kudos for grading the entries each week. That is a tireless and thankless job.

Good luck to you as well and all the others. May the best man win at the end.

Comment

Oh, and I still have not forgotten the Ice Bowl.

Comment

That gave me a chuckle OCK.
                                I was fortunate to go to games growing up with my Dad, but didn't start attending until the 69 season. Doubt if Mom would have let me go anyway due to the weather, but my Dad was there. Some of my favorite experiances with my Dad, who passed May of this year. My brother took over the season tickets years ago, my wife and I used to go, but don't any more.

Comment

Working...
                                X