Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Miami only a 4 point dog at KC???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Miami only a 4 point dog at KC???

This game mystified me when it opened at -5.5, but then it's gets bet DOWN by the public? This is a team that has yet to win a game on the road against a team tied for the AFC West. What am I missing here? Seems to me KC should be at least a TD fave. Is KC that much of a mirage or is there some sort of supertrend favouring Miami.
    Last edited by Masked Prognosticator; 11-03-2011, 10:04 PM.

No help here, as my system has KC -4.5.

Comment

Bottom line...KC isn't that good either. They may be tied for 1st but it's at 4-3 and the SD win was a gift due to a fumbled snap with SD in winning FG range and 43 secs left, the Raider game was w/out McFadden and a QB and then 5 pt or less wins against Minnesota and Indianapolis 2 teams that are a combined 2-14.

Comment

I agree with Dragon.

In addition, Miami has been very competitive on the road. I can see this being a FG game that could go either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Masked Prognosticator View Post
          This game mystified me when it opened at -5.5, but then it's gets bet DOWN by the public? This is a team that has yet to win a game on the road against a team tied for the AFC West. What am I missing here? Seems to me KC should be at least a TD fave. Is KC that much of a mirage or is there some sort of supertrend favouring Miami.
          BTW...it was likely bet down by the sharps, not the public :^ )

Comment

I have been asking that same question to many I know

And the only thing I keep hearing over and over is that KC plays better at Arrow Head Stadium, just one of those teams that get up for a home game (over the years).

Miami did play well vs the giants last week vs the Giants for one half.

My connection in the Corn Field thinks KC will come out right of the gates and smash Miami in the mouth with 21 points by half time.

Comment

This is a sandwich game for KC, they played division rivals, Oakland,San Diego now Miami and then Denver, after that big win Monday night to tie for first place vs SD. this is a huge letdown spot for them.

KC has played 3 home games winning by 5 and 3 and losing by 34.

I can see KC coming out slow and sluggish with the short week. but it is Winless Miami and if they turned it on in the 2nd half they should be able to cover.
              good luck

Comment

miami has kept it close the last 2 games so at first glance look to be competitive.
                KC coming off a lucky win on a short week. Outside the chargers lucky win they haven't beat anyone great. Oakland was lucky too with no qb or mcfadden.
                Miami also has the multiple choice curse going for it. You know, all the answers have been A so far there must be a B coming. They're due for a win.
                So the line is low.

I don't buy it for a second. KC sees green bay coming to san diego and this is the chance to take the lead. They go all out here and cover.

Comment

Miami's bound to pull a "St Louis" here sometime in the near future.

Comment

haha st louis was thought to be a good team going into the season. Dolphins never had a chance this season or last.
                    Though I do think they get their first win next week at home against redskins. This would break their losing streak this season and at home.

Comment

Originally posted by dragon1952 View Post
                      Miami's bound to pull a "St Louis" here sometime in the near future.

Comment

well then, I was off with the kc/miami game.

Comment

I guess now we know the answer! Fins in a romp.

Comment

Originally posted by resteasy View Post
                            well then, I was off with the kc/miami game.
                            Sorry...it must have been the "haha"

Comment

What a romp. Chiefs are not who we thought they were . Used it as my GOW . By far the worst pick I have made this season. Only saw pieces of the game on Red Zone but it looked like dolphs just opened a can of whoop ass on them.

Comment

Working...
                              X