+ Reply to Thread

Friday Night CFL - USC @ Colorado

OK...time for the square pick of the week.

Current line - USC -20 / Total 57

This game will be played in Denver at Mile High stadium so it is not an actual home game for Colorado. Colorado is 0-5 in Pac-12 play this year giving up an average of nearly 45 ppg while scoring an average of around 15 ppg (44.8-14.8). Overall they are just 1-8 on the year with the only win vs a pretty bad Colorado St. team. Their last 4 games have been losses to Stanford by 41 pts, Washington by 28 pts, Oregon by 43 pts and Arizona St by 34 pts. In their possible defense (sort of), 3 of those games were on the road. They do get back a couple of important offensive players for this game (lead RB Rodney Stewart 113 carries for 471 yds and 1 TD and leading WR Paul Richardson 30 catches for 488 yds for 5 TD's) for what that's worth. Last time I checked they don't play on the defense which is giving up 185 yds rushing and 250 yds passing per game, and has only generated 7 TO's in 9 games.
    USC has huge advantages on both sides of the ball. I don't know if they are expected to have a let down after that Stanford OT loss but I think they'll beat Colorado by at least 3 TD's.

USC -20

I like your square pick of the week USC all day

It appears that The Buffalo play competative games at home except for the Duck demolition(2-45), they lost by 4 to Wash state, beat Cal and Colorado state.

USC is definitely going to be flat after that ot loss to the Cardinal last saturday night.

I see 74% on USC while the line drops(reverse movement)

The home dogs on weeknight games are 7-2 ats.
    but Col is just 1-8.

I think if USC turns it on in the 2nd half they could easily score 3 TDs in the 4th qtr and cover this.

I think I like the Under 57 better and since I expect USC to be flat.

my bad Col. lost to Cal in OT by 3, not beat them as I stated earlier.

Are you sure its in Denver?

I got this off espn.com

9:00 PM ET, November 4, 2011

Folsom Field, BOULDER, CO

I had to cut that post short as I had to take my Mom to a doctor's appt.
    Cal and Wash St are not in the same category as USC I don't believe. USC beat Cal 30-9 at Cal, and Cal is just 1-4 in PAC-12 play losing to a pretty bad UCLA team last week by 17 as a 5 pt favorite. And Cal also lost to a pretty bad Wash St team that beat Colorado at home by 4 but had 28 FD's and 455 yds of offense while holding the Buffs to just 336 yds. Imagine what USC could do if they try.

Quote Originally Posted by garister View Post
    Are you sure its in Denver?

I got this off espn.com

9:00 PM ET, November 4, 2011

Folsom Field, BOULDER, CO
    I have no idea where I got that but I sure can't find it again :^ )

The game is at Boulder.....sorry. Pick is the same though....USC -20

(I don't even think there is a Mile High Stadium anymore)

Well since it is in Boulder, I'm sure the "high" still applys.

Small play on the under for me.

Nice call Dragon... I started to do a small play on USC myself but decided to wait until today to start the week. Seems as if those high Thursday night lines usually go the favorites way..