Penn State Scandal and Joe Paterno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hart attack View Post
    now it is all starting to make sense..........I recall now that sandusky advised back in '98 or '99 that he wanted to recruit the tight ends.
    Doh!

Comment

now it is all starting to make sense..........I recall now that sandusky advised back in '98 or '99 that he wanted to recruit the tight ends.
      well he did but the problem was he wanted to turn them all into wide receivers.....

Comment

....and teach them to go deep.

Comment

WOW!!

That was swift! Unbelievably sad situation to take down Joe Pa!

Comment

Just as an interesting side note for our purpose (betting)

The fact that the line didn't budge after the firing, or wasn't taken off the board completely, shows what we already knew, that JoePa was just a figurehead and wasn't really involved with the game plan, etc.

Any other major coach, Stoops, Miles, Saban, gets fired mid week we'd see crazy movement and likely the game would come off the board initially...........

Comment

Sickening situation and now that he is fired can we please get back to real sports?

These students at PSU are nuts and if there is a reason to riot, they will do it. The thing is now every other person they showed had their flippin' cameras out and now it will just be all over even more.

Shitheads flipped over a van in support of an accessory to hurting children and scarring them for life. I don't care who the coach is and if he's God among your team and school, there is no question he should be fired and a shame it took this long and this many victims to have it happen.

That pussy Grad coach makes me sick to as mentioned above.

I think it is now into the justice system so Sportscenter should let it go. Not a sports topic anymore.

PLEASE lets get back to the football season and regular sports schedule.

THIS IS NOT A SPORTS TOPIC ANY LONGER!!

Comment

Considering the emotional retirement speech to the players, and their reaction, I'd be inclined to think that they play with a lot of passion this week.

Comment

just in case anyone missed it, paterno has been fired as head football coach at penn state.

Comment

just in case anyone missed it, paterno has been fired as head football coach at penn state.
                    I see the sports ticker in my sleep after the last couple days.

Comment

I believe the scandal might have some negative impact in how the team play. They may feel demoralized.

Comment

This is the ugliest scandal I have ever seen and is playing out like a John Grisham novel.

A great program brought to it's knees by a devastating scandal makes Ohio State look like they were selling twinkes on the side walk illegally.

The NCAA has said this is out side of their boundaries but I can guarantee you the deeper and darker the facts submerge the NCAA will get involved and will hit Penn State with lack of institution control.

The fall out for Penn State will be devastating to this college for a Long Long time, in all areas.

I feel for these young children who were in the confines of a animal, I really do.

Big Joe should of placed a ZERO BLITZ on sandusky when he first heard of the allegation, instead he passed the buck. And all those years later he watched Sandusky with boys at his side whenever he seen them and knew deep down what was going on and said nothing.

This entire institution makes me sick from the top down. The Board of Directors have fired everyone, can anyone fire them?

Pardon my rant, as a Big 10 die hard fan this makes me sick

Comment

You are right Carpet. How can anyone defend JoePa or blame McQueary instead?! JoePa stood by for 10+ years while Sandusky prowled around Happy Valley and even used the Athletic facilities up until last week!!!!

JoePa was protecting JoePa and Penn State's empire and legacy and did not care about the kids for 10+ years!

Seems like JoePa did not even confront Sandusky and tell him to knock it off or get help. If you were going to cover for him and for yourself, you should at least do that much. He gets some credit for reporting it the very next day, but then he went along with the cover-up.

I don't care how many kids JoePa graduated, this is far worse than anything Miami or SMU or Ohio State did.

This clearly shows how corrupt college football is. Too much money and power and these guys, even supposedly "good" guys will stop at nothing to keep that money and power. In Paterno's case, it may not have been money. It was more reputation and ego.

Comment

Just wondering.......

What happens if Penn State runs the table? Then go on to play in the Big 10 Championship game. They win that game and get a BCS game!!!

Does the NCAA have to offer that bid to them? Would any bowl want Penn State? Would Penn State want to accept any bid???

Comment

The irony of knowing all of the years Sandusky and Mc Queery spent at Penn State, and to think that the two of them could end up spending many more at the State Penn !!!!
                              ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Bettorsworld View Post
                                Yeah.....I would think it would have an impact......you just don't know which way. The team could rally?

But the assistant that was named as having seen Sandusky assault the boy, is Mike McQueary, a former player and currently an assistant coach on the Penn State staff.....I think he's a wide receiver coach (not that penn state needs one of those)

McQueary is one I have more of a problem with than Paterno. He saw this happen? He's 6'5 and 200+ whatever, you see this happen, and you're only action is to tell your boss, Paterno, the next day??? You let the scumbag Sandusky leave WITH THE KID after what you just saw?????? You don't call every police agency known to man? Cmon.

Paterno is at fault for not doing enough. But he was told 2nd hand. This guy McQueary saw it with his own eyes and that's all he did??
                                Exactly right on anyone who sees what Mike McQueary saw; I'd give the SOB a beat down he'd be lucky to survive and as far as all the administrative bullshit you are supposed to follow, yeah - my ass. Straight to the prison.

Paterno: OK - so Mike McQueary says I saw something inappropriate? So St. Joe says what? Nada - doesn't ask what he saw concerning a guy he knew for 34 years? I ain't buying that at all; human nature being what it is, he'd ask more detailed questions.

There is plenty of blame to go around and the bottom line on the sick fux that abuse children: I could put one right through their head and stop for a nice meal on the way home. I wouldn't feel one bit of sympathy or guilt - all I would be is hungry. Taking out the trash gives me an appetite.
                                As Always - Good Luck,

Sonny

Comment

Working...
                                X