Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ILLINOIS -10.5 at Minny Mens NCAA Football. Could this be Coach Zook's last game ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ILLINOIS -10.5 at Minny Mens NCAA Football. Could this be Coach Zook's last game ?

Illinois is a 10.5 chalk heading to play the Gophers.

Before I get into this game allow me to digress back to the Wisconsin game the Illini last played. The Defense of Illinois again has proven it's worth as a top 10 defense.

Last game Illinois gave the badgers the ball at the 2 yard line, the 30 the 39 and the 45 resulting in 28 points. Wisky had 7 drives to start from their own territory and did not score.

Combine that with 5 fumbles (one lost) and 3 interceptions this defense managed to hold the badgers to 214 yards below their average on yards allowed.

ON TO THE GAME

Minny is playing for pure pride and has been a thorn in the side of Illinois for a while in key games.

Illinois is in a tail spin and they must right the ship. Can they save Coach Zooks job winning this game moving to 7-5 with a bowl win possible?

Can they do that against a soft minny defense?

More to follow

Even at 6-6, I think they still get a bowl invite.
    Sticking with the Ticket City Bowl, but will they
    let Zook coach? Best to cut ties after Saturday,
    so there are no lingering loyalties.

Comment

The pressure is building at Illinois to win a football game. They find themselves a 10.5 point favorite.

I have watched every game these two teams have played and have come away with the following thoughts.

Illinois is desperate for a win here vs the varmints. The gophers do not have the weapons the last 5 teams have had vs Illinois. I look for Illinois defense to contain the run and spy on the QB of Minny. Marquis only makes a good play on a busted route.

The Illini have a top flight defense that will or should mud hole the gophers offense.

Factor in the usual 3 turnovers per team I see this at 28-15 Illinois

Good Luck all

Comment

Illinois is a 10.5 chalk at Minny

This Illini Defense is something to write home about, The only way Minny scores will come off busted plays, If the Illini defense places a spy on the QB this will limit the varmints only scoring option.

I am going to call this Illinois 28-15 only because I know that Illinois will give the ball up twice on turnovers and the special teams are horrible.

This Illini team has not given up, not by a long shot.

Comment

The Illini remain a 10.5 chalk in this game.

I can see why. Illinois is a better team than the Gophers inside and out on paper.

Getting to play team that is not named Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, and Wisconsin four of the last 5 games has got to be a breath of relief for the coaching staff of Illinois.

The Gophers on Defense are ranked 102 in the nation giving up 32.9 pts a game.
          Illinois is ranked 16th in the nation giving up only 19.5 pts a game.

The Defense of Illinois is clearly superior in this match up.

If Illinois fixes the self inflicted wounds called turnovers they win going away.

28-15 ILLINOIS

Comment

Sorry to say Carpet but I love Minny +11 in this spot!

Reminds me of the iowa-minny game where Minny won SU as DD, +18 dogs.

Kill will have the Gophers prepared to gout like a bang and ILL is ripe for the picking.

Illinois by 3 only.

Comment

we shall see

Comment

What a horrible football team this has become.

I should of known that Coach Zook would allow this tail spin from hell to continue, going from 6-0 to 6-6 is un believable. First time since 1903 this has occurred.

Coach Zook fluffed the schedule early giving Illinois 8 home games knowing it was his only chance and he blew it. In all my days watching college football I have never seen such a epic collapse.

When the game ended, Coach Zook walked off the field alone as the AD of Illinois left without any type of hand shake with his coach.

Illini nation is fed up and now knows what Florida saw years ago

Comment

Working...
                X