NFL Sunday Night Football - Steelers @ Chiefs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Sunday Night Football - Steelers @ Chiefs

Pittsburgh Steelers (7-3) at Kansas City Chiefs (4-6)
    Current line
    Pittsburgh -10.5 @ -110
    KC +10.5 @ -110
    O/U 40

The Steelers are now 1/2 game behind Baltimore in the division after the Ravens took care of the 49ers on Thanksgiving. They are coming off of a bye so they should be nice and rested. Pittsburgh is also coming off of 2 big divisional games, losing vs Baltimore and then defeating Cincinnati prior to the bye, and they will face 2 more division opponents after the Kansas City game. Probably not the greatest situation in the world but the fact that they are coming off of the bye and need this game to keep pace with the Ravens should help motivationally.
    The Chiefs are reeling having lost 3 games in a row now after a promising 4 game winning streak placed them tied for 1st in the AFC West. They have only scored a total of 16 pts over the 3 game losing streak while giving up 82 pts. They only managed 3 pts against a New England defense that was ranked last in the NFL in ypg allowed. Interim QB Tyler Palko racked up some yds in garbage time but threw 3 INT's and was sacked 3 times in the process. Now they face a Steeler team that is ranked 2nd and allowing an average of just 280 ypg. They haven't forced many TO's this year, and they don't have the most sacks, but they have given up the 3rd fewest pts in the league and, as mentioned, the 2nd fewest yds. Steeler sack leaders LB's James Harrison (4) and LaMarr Woodley (9) should be able to harass Palco pretty good as the Chiefs OL has given up the 9th most QB hits and the 13th most sacks in the NFL and are now working with an inexperienced QB. The Chief DL may not be able to take advantage of one of Pittsburgh's weaknesses, the OL, as the Chiefs are dead last in the NFL with just 12 sacks.
    The Steelers should have success running the ball seeing as Kansas City has given up 400 yds rushing over the past 2 games. And the Chief defense has a good chance of getting worn down considering the fact that their offense may not be able to do much.

With the Kansas City offense struggling, and now facing probably their toughest match-up of the year so far, the Chiefs have to know their season is most likely shot, having to follow this game with trips to face Chicago and the NY Jets, and then coming home to host the Packers. I like the Steelers to win this one by a decent margin.
    You can get Pittsburgh -10 @ -120 by buying the hook and this is what I'll do.
    Prediction
    Pittsburgh 30
    Kansas City 10

Forgot to mention the short week for KC coming off of MNF.

Comment

My system has Pittsburgh -17 and one of my top 5 picks.

Comment

Working...
      X