Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steelers and Browns

tonight takin Browns+14 and over 40 posting early to let ya

know how I went you should prob go the opposite.

Yeah, I was tempted to take the points at first but changed my mind.
    The Browns don't give up a ton of yards (324 ypg) but they do give up 151 ypg on the ground. Pittsburgh has 3 guys that can share the load like last week against the Bengals when Mendenhall, Redman and Morris combined for 124 yds and 2 TD's. And that was against a team that was only giving up an avg of 96 ypg rushing. And once they establish the run they have numerous weapons in the passing game....Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown, Hines Ward, Heath Miller who have combined for 2567 yds and 13 TD's.
    Who do the Browns have? Rookie Greg Little and Josh Cribbs plus a couple mediocre TE's. All 3 RB's (Hillis, Hardesty and Ogbonnaya) have been banged up and missed significant time. As a result they have only averaged 93 ypg rushing and around 17 ypg of that is McCoy scrambling. And who knows who will be healthy enough to tun the ball tonight.
    Unfortunately for the Steelers it looks like leading sacker LaMarr Woodley is out but I just don't think the Browns will be able to score enough to cover 14 pts. They've score 12 pts or less in 5 of their last 7 games and 14 or less in 6 of the last 7. And even last year when their avg loss was by just 6.7 pts (and none by over 10) in the 9 losses vs everyone else but Pittsburgh, the Steelers beat them by 18 and 32.
    The Steelers would have covered the 10 at KC if not for a fumble at the goal line and probably anyway if Troy Polamalu hadn't had to leave the game in the 1st Q. I just added that because I picked Pittsburgh in a write-up.
    I think the Browns will need a defensive or special teams TD to even have a chance to cover, something they haven't done all year. I think this will be similar to last week's win vs the Bengals. I'll guess.....
    Pittsburgh 31
    Cleveland 10
    Last edited by dragon1952; 12-08-2011, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Yeah Pitt +14 an under 40.5
      I Usually post a thread but haven't had time to look at all the games.
      27-10
      I don't think browns score more than 10 or 13 max

Comment

Your prob right Im laid and played so you should be money in the bank. It just seems too easy to take Pit and unders good k
        luck to you all

Comment

My system has the Steelers -18.5. I'm worried (like the Patriots) last week they take a big lead then let the foot off the gas pedal.

Comment

Well.....anybody that had the Steelers or the over is fucked. 2 TO's in the red zone and now Roethlisberger is out.

Comment

might get lucky and split

Comment

coach needs to be fired leaving big Ben with a tough game next week then not takin afield goal running it four times

Comment

split out barring a Miracle the coaching decisions
                  were terrible all things considered

Comment

there was miracle part one if Pitt took field goal they cover no problem

Comment

well time to start lookin at Sundays games

Comment

Unbelievably bizarre set of circumstances prevent a Steeler cover.

Comment

Yeah like not taking a gimme field goal

Comment

One of those games that just wants to make ya puke.....Unless you had the Browns of course

Comment

Working...
                            X