• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widestrides NFL Picks Week 14

Last Week 8-7
    Season 83-76 (52.3%)

Week 14
    Cinci -2.5 vs Houston. Houston, with their 3rd string QB and no Andre Johnson has to leave their Dome and go out in the cold to play a desperate Cinci team.

Jets/KC over 36. Expecting some TOs to get this over as KC might not contribute more than 10.

Carolina/Atlanta over 47. We know Carolina can score. Atlanta scores more at home and Carolina's D is leaky.

Detroit -9.5 and over 46.5 vs Minny. Minny's secondary is worse than the Saints. A lot worse. AP out again or limited and Ponder questionable or at least slowed with a hip pointer. Harvin with a bad finger.

Chicago +3.5 and under 36 at Denver. Both Ds are far superior to both Os. But TOs could kill it quick.

Buffalo/SD over 47. Weak Ds and good Os.

Gints +4 and over 50 vs Dallas. Division games go under, but Gints secondary is weak and now Phillips is out. Eli will have to keep it going as Romo has been sharp and always manages to avoid the rush and find a receiver. Miles Austin is back. Need Romo TOs. Should be fun. Giants 34-31.

TB -3 at Jax. Freeman back and Jax secondary totally depleted. Down to 3rd stringers. Rivers was playing pitch and catch.

it's atlanta @ carolina not in atlanta still like the over though.

I've learned my lesson betting against denver. I don't think chicago's D does enough without some offense. No Forte will hurt them bad.

like the rest. Good luck man.

Comment

Right, at Carolina. Still like the over, but Carolina could play spoiler here and upset the Dirty Birds.

Comment

I agree and agree. Over and Carolina for me too.

Comment

Hedging out of Jets over 36, Lions over 46.5 and Bears +3.5 with:
          Jets under 36
          Lions under 47
          Denver -3

Adding Eagles +3 (Yuk! Will still root for the Fins.)
          Adding Saints -3
          NE -7
          SD -7

Comment

Updated Card

Jets over 36
            Jets under 35.5
            Lions over 46.5
            Lions under 47
            Eagles +3
            Bears +3.5
            Broncos -3.5
            Falcons/Panthers over 47
            Detroit -9.5
            TB -3
            Saints -3
            Patriots -7
            Bears/Broncos under 36
            Bills/Chargers over 47
            Chargers -7
            Giants +4
            Giants/Cowboys over 50
            Last edited by widestrides; 12-11-2011, 11:21 AM.

Comment

8-5-2

All 3 hedges failed! Would have been 8-2-2 if I stayed with my first leans of Jets over, Lions over and Bears +3.5.

Comment

10-5-2.

Would have been 10-2-2 if I didn't lose faith in 3 of my picks.

Eli brings the Giants back again. He toasted Rob Ryan's blitzes all night. Of course the Giants defense sucks too. At least the back 7.

Wow! Glad for Dallas' kicker Bailey's sake that the FG was blocked and not missed again.

Comment

Good job!

Comment

How can I go 10-5-2 and go 2-3 in the Mock Hilton Contest?! Funny how that goes sometimes. It can go the other way also.

Last second loss by Cinci, and Lions relax and get back-doored by Minny. Almost lost the game. Wished they had lost, if they weren't going to cover for me! Lions score 31 in the 1H and 3 in the 2H! Carolina scores 23 in the 1H and 0 in the 2H! Wow.

Comment

Working...
                    X