X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widestrides NFL Picks Week 15

Last Week 10-5-2
    Season 93-81 (53.4%)

Saints -6.5 vs Viks and over 51.5. Vikings defense was a sieve vs. Detroit, so Brees will light them up. He's on the road, but in a Dome. And AP is back, Harvin making plays and Ponder throws one TD one way and then the other. Viks have weapons on offense. Should sail over. But 51 is an important number. Saints 38 Vikings 27

Giants -6.5 vs Redskins. Giants D embarassed lately and should do a bit better at home vs the Skins.Skins D is tough though, so Eli will have to be careful. Giants 27-17.

Seattle/Chicago over 35.5. I was going to go over, but think turnovers and maybe a return will put this over easy. Offenses might get outscored by defenses and special teams. Chicago 24-13. Hmmm. That's close to the total.

Oakland +1 vs Detroit and over 47. Detroit didn't finish that game vs MInny last week. They just are not a disciplined unit. Their D could not contain the Viks. Long road trip and Oakland needs it bad. As does Detroit. Oakland 30-24.

Eagles -2.5 vs Jets and over 43.5. Eagle still alive, altough will be eliminated with a Giants win earlier if that matters. I think they try to save Andy's job and regain their pride by knocking off a playoff team. Eagles 27-20.

Arizona -6.5 vs Cleveland. Cards playing pretty good now, especially the D. Cleveland has zero offense. Arizona 24-13.

I think you should reverse that chicago score to 24-13 seattle wins. Chicago offense is terrible right now and they likely won't have hester as well since he tweaked his ankle thursday, didn't practice friday and has a Q on his status.

oakland game is a bit scary to me. The problem for oakland has been injuries specifically at the WR. People look poorly on palmer and sure he's not great but he's never played with McFadden and has had 2 star receivers missing (moore and ford) left with heyward-bey. They may get moore back which would make this competitive.

Jets are fighting for a playoff spot as well. Hard to bet on the eagles this year. Sometimes they show up but their record shows more often they don't. They were a losing team before vick got hurt so I don't give them the huge boost most do with vick especially against the jets D.
    The big factor here will be Sanchez. He's been awful on the road and if he can put together a decent game they could win. If. Otherwise you're being generous on the 7 pt win.

Good luck of course!

Comment

brother I feel that you due for a great week.. I know you and I believe very good things are going to happen this week for you.. Good luck my friend, I hope you do well....

Comment

fyi, I stink at the pros but I think the Seahawks beat the Bears tomorrow.. Hey I really really suck at the pros though...

Comment

Originally posted by resteasy View Post
          I think you should reverse that chicago score to 24-13 seattle wins. Chicago offense is terrible right now and they likely won't have hester as well since he tweaked his ankle thursday, didn't practice friday and has a Q on his status.

oakland game is a bit scary to me. The problem for oakland has been injuries specifically at the WR. People look poorly on palmer and sure he's not great but he's never played with McFadden and has had 2 star receivers missing (moore and ford) left with heyward-bey. They may get moore back which would make this competitive.

Jets are fighting for a playoff spot as well. Hard to bet on the eagles this year. Sometimes they show up but their record shows more often they don't. They were a losing team before vick got hurt so I don't give them the huge boost most do with vick especially against the jets D.
          The big factor here will be Sanchez. He's been awful on the road and if he can put together a decent game they could win. If. Otherwise you're being generous on the 7 pt win.

Good luck of course!
          Lions up to -3 so you may be right, but Raiders should show up at home. Lions D is pretty bad. Maybe Suh helps them out.

I'm certainly counting on Sanchez to turn it over or miss a few receivers.

I think Bears/Seahawks will be close and that should keep them playing for points. I only need 17-17 by the end of the regulation to cover over 35.5. Was banking on Hester though. Hope he's up to speed.

GL Today Gints! A win eliminates the Eagles. And a win next week against the Jets and a Cowboy loss to the Eagles, eliminates Dallas and gives us the Division I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by red raider 84 View Post
            brother I feel that you due for a great week.. I know you and I believe very good things are going to happen this week for you.. Good luck my friend, I hope you do well....
            Thanks RR. I turned in a decent performance last week at 10-5-2. Don't like this card so much. I picked too many favs, but the dogs don't seem to be fired up here at the end of the season. No spoilers. Let's see what happens.

Comment

Adding:
              Pats -7. Brady and Belichick will be the answer for Tebow, but the place will be going nuts. Belichick should be able to throttle that one-dimensional offense. It's the perfect thing for his weak D - a simple offense. But how do you defend against the God option?!

Raiders +3. Adding another unit as the line went up. Should have waited.

Update/Final? card
              Saints -6.5
              Saints/Viks over 51.5
              Giants -6.5
              Seattle/Chicago over 35.5
              Oakland +1
              Oakland +3
              Detroit/Oakland over 47
              Eagles -2.5
              New England -7
              Jets/Eagles over 43.5.
              Arizona -6.5

Comment

8-2-1.
                That's more like it!

101-83 (55%) for the season.

Pakcers lose.
                Colts win.
                Chargers may win that Division after all. So may the Eagles. That would be wild.

Comment

Working...
                X