Illinois drops to 10-1 Mens Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois drops to 10-1 Mens Basketball

This team has hit a wall and as much I would like to blame it on finals week I cannot.

The key to this team is just when will the lights come on for the 7 new players to join the game at a high level. In the last game I cant count on my hand the number of set plays that went well.

Sam is a warrior for sure but his play is suspect at the point vs a good team. Does he or any other player really understand the motion offense? We have no penetration inside (drive the ball down low) and we end up with Sammy to chunk a rock with 3 seconds left on the shot clock (sounds familiar).

Coach Weber asked today "Are we getting better ? Because the level of competition sure is........

Yes we are 10-1 and anyone in Orange should be happy with that record, but it sure feels like football season all over again with such a soft schedule. We have struggled against almost every team we have played, have not covered a point spread in weeks and now are turning a corner into tough competition.
Working...
X