Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEARS + 12 at Green Bay

Someone help me this game.

The Bears are starting a QB who has not taken a NFL snap in 3 years, and Hanie the back up is waiting on the sidelines to step in should the offense stall. Hanie is ready to give up 3 picks and 5 false starts if they call on him.

Packers say they want to remain sharp and sharpen the saw but I just can not see them playing Aaron Rodgers for any length of time. (Romo showed today what could happen to a team)

12.5 seems like a ton of points, can the Bears keep up with Green Bays second squad. I just do not know.

I have stayed off this game so far but need a reason to watch a Christmas Night game so please give me your thoughts on this game.

Thanks

Carpet

Green Bay can still clinch home field advantage throughout the playoffs but they need one more win. I'm sure they also want to get back on track after last week's less than stellar effort. Considering they need one more win I think Rodgers will stay in as long as the game is still competitive. And then Matt Flynn is no slouch. I think covering the 12 is a very good possibility considering Chicago's current lack of health on offense.

Comment

I agree with Dragon. Don't let last year's finale fool you. The Bears had Cutler and Forte and still could only put 3 points.

McCown played in the UFL this past season, so he has taken some snaps at the competitive level recently. But, he's only been signed by the Bears for the last month. McCown is 1-11 on the road as a starter in the NFL. Add to the fact that Hanie took almost of the snaps when he was declared the starter. So, even fewer snaps and trying to learn the complex playbook of Martz. Just look how non-productive the great Caleb Hanie was: 27 points in 3 games!!! GB averages that much per game.

Granted GB is w/o Jennings and a few starting O linemen, they can still move the ball. The Bears are on their 3rd QB & RB and they haven't been able to move the ball in weeks. Add to the fact that Knox (who isn't an elite WR) and Hester are out, this game is going to be a stinker!

Bottom line, the Bears are going to once again depend upon the defense to keep them in this game. What is going to happen is that the D cannot control when the offense turns it over. Eventually, the Bears D will collapse under the pressure. GB has been a cover machine @ home. 4 of their 6 home wins have been by at least 21 points. The Pack are 5-1 ATS @ home. The lone ATS L was against TB. Packer @ home are 9-2 ATS L 11, 17-1 SU 13-4-1 ATS L18.

I can see it being GB 27-10. The better play might be under, which is 42.5

Comment

GB off a loss with something to play for, I have to eat the chalk on this one. I am fortunate to have an open 3 team tease, so GB-2 looks mighty inviting.

%@#! Ravens cost me yesterday, up 20-0 and let Cleveland get back in the game.

Made a decent wager on Phila, figuring on the Giants winning (as they led 20-7) and then Dallas resting starters.

After Romo hurt his throwing hand, owner Jerry Jones went to the sideline and told HC Jason Garrett to pull some players.

Jones Tells HC who to pull, ESPN Story.

I should have jumped on it harder, but I did jump on it pretty hard
        As Always - Good Luck,

Sonny

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
          I agree with Dragon. Don't let last year's finale fool you. The Bears had Cutler and Forte and still could only put 3 points.

McCown played in the UFL this past season, so he has taken some snaps at the competitive level recently. But, he's only been signed by the Bears for the last month. McCown is 1-11 on the road as a starter in the NFL. Add to the fact that Hanie took almost of the snaps when he was declared the starter. So, even fewer snaps and trying to learn the complex playbook of Martz. Just look how non-productive the great Caleb Hanie was: 27 points in 3 games!!! GB averages that much per game.

Granted GB is w/o Jennings and a few starting O linemen, they can still move the ball. The Bears are on their 3rd QB & RB and they haven't been able to move the ball in weeks. Add to the fact that Knox (who isn't an elite WR) and Hester are out, this game is going to be a stinker!

Bottom line, the Bears are going to once again depend upon the defense to keep them in this game. What is going to happen is that the D cannot control when the offense turns it over. Eventually, the Bears D will collapse under the pressure. GB has been a cover machine @ home. 4 of their 6 home wins have been by at least 21 points. The Pack are 5-1 ATS @ home. The lone ATS L was against TB. Packer @ home are 9-2 ATS L 11, 17-1 SU 13-4-1 ATS L18.

I can see it being GB 27-10. The better play might be under, which is 42.5
          Great analysis. The under may just be the play. The games where one team races out to a lead and lets up scare me as backdoor covers. The QB situation in Chitown s terrible and I'd pull starters when I got to 28-0, Maybe McCarthy pulls them earlier?

IMHO, the GB defense needs some game prep for teams they will face in the playoffs, so I'd let them play a bit longer.

OP - if you need a reason to watch, play a $20 parlay. Lots of games yet to come without forcing the action.
          As Always - Good Luck,

Sonny

Comment

I believe the pack will play starters for at least the 1st half. Pulling starters this week and next would give them far too long off for the playoffs. They need to keep up their rhythm and stay sharp. At the half if GB is leading by enough and if the bears don't look a threat then perhaps they'll pull.
            If anything Aaron rodgers may just play more conservatively. Instead of rushing up he may toss it away. Perhaps more runs but that too is tricky as RB's get hurt quiet easily (as is evident from the rash of injuries the past couple weeks).

I took a tease of gb -6, over36. That over is scaring me a little as it very well could go under if bears can't move the ball and if they rely on Bell to carry a large workload in the cold.
            12 is a lot of pts but I like green bay to cover. Even if they put Flynn in he's extremely good and he won't let up. 28-10 or 27-10 would be spectacular.

Comment

Working...
            X