Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Widestrides NFL Picks Week 17. Season 108-86 (55.7%)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widestrides NFL Picks Week 17. Season 108-86 (55.7%)

Last Week 7-3
    Season 108-86 (55.7%)

Leans for Discussion. Plays later.

Tennessee -1 at Houston. Tenny down to -1.5 when Kubiak said he'll play his starters. I doubt they will play much. I can't see Texans paying Andre Johnson and some others. Why would they risk further injuries in a meaningless games. Who cares if you've lost two in a row. Get rested and healthy. Titans will be playing their best.

Bengals +2 vs Baltimore and under 39. If I remember, teams that have to win to get in are much more motivated than teams that just need to win to improve their seeding. Although in this case, it means a week off and a home game for Balty. Still, Cinci is in elimination and desperation mode. Will this be a 12-9 kinda conservative head-knocker game? Or will they start trading scores and not playing it close to the vest?

Patriots/Bills over 50. Both Ds will get lit up, even if it is cold.

Chiefs/Broncos under 37.5. Back and forth on this one. Romeo may bottle up Tebow, but Chiefs not going very far against Broncos D at a hyped up Mile High. If Broncos come down to -3, I might take them.

Eagles -9 vs Redskins and/or under 46? Eagles D playing very well now. But it cold get into a trak meet and turnover fest.

Detroit -3.5 at Green Bay. Detroit wants it to avoid Saints or Niners. Some reporting that Rodgers will NOT play and that he may not even dress for the game. We could expect a very heavy dose of Matt Flynn and also expect third stringer Graham Harrell to get some time as well. Here are the rest of the major injuries for the Packers
    WR Randall Cobb-out
    WR Greg Jennings -out
    RB James Starks-out
    OL Bryan Baluga -doubtful
    CB Charles Woodson-game time decision

Bears/Vikings over 40. Relax and entertain the fans. Air it out!

Pitt/Cleveland over 34.5? Big Ben hobbling. Troy? Senneca Wallace makes things happen for the Browns - for better or for worse! Good return men in this game - Cribbs and Antonio Brown.

Giants -3 vs Dallas. Banking on the Giants' D to show up again this week and Romo to be a bit inaccurate with that hand.

Jets/Fins over 41. Bush and Long out. Is that bad for the over or does that mean more passing? Rex said Sanchez won't be throwing 59 times this week. They want to pound it. But Miami is more vulnerable to the pass! Hot and humid. D's wear down and so over?

If Jets go to +3.5 I'd have to take them. I was leaning Fins at -1, but if Jets go to +3.5, that's the value. Jets are stumbling but they have some talent. Miami is not THAT good.

Locking in:

Cinci +2
    Cinci/Baltimore under 39
    Tennessee -1
    Buffalo/NE over 50
    Detroit -3

Comment

A few I really like.

Oakland -3 vs San Diego - Oakland playing for their playoff lives. San Diego eliminated. Oakland dominated in the first match-up with Palmer passing for 299 and 2 TD's and Oakland rushing for 191 yds. Oakland has beat SD 3 straight now.
      Minnesota -1.5 vs Chicago - Chicago's toast. Have lost all 5 since losing Cutler/Forte. Minny still playing hard.
      NYJ +3 @ Miami - The Jets still have a shot and I think they show up this week. No Reggie Bush for Miami either.

Comment

Adding:
        Jets +3
        Eagles/Skins under 45
        Falcons/Bucs under 45
        Carolina/NO under 55
        Tenny/Houston under 38.5
        Denver -1
        Denver/KC under 37.5
        Giants -3

Final Card
        Cinci +2
        Cinci/Baltimore under 39
        Tennessee -1
        Buffalo/NE over 50
        Detroit -3
        Jets +3
        Eagles/Skins under 45
        Falcons/Bucs under 45
        Carolina/NO under 55
        Tenny/Houston under 38.5
        Denver -1
        Denver/KC under 37.5
        Giants -3
        GL

Comment

Originally posted by widestrides View Post
          Adding:
          Jets +3
          Eagles/Skins under 45
          Falcons/Bucs under 45
          Carolina/NO under 55
          Tenny/Houston under 38.5
          Denver -1
          Denver/KC under 37.5
          Giants -3

Final Card
          Cinci +2
          Cinci/Baltimore under 39
          Tennessee -1
          Buffalo/NE over 50
          Detroit -3
          Jets +3
          Eagles/Skins under 45
          Falcons/Bucs under 45
          Carolina/NO under 55
          Tenny/Houston under 38.5
          Denver -1
          Denver/KC under 37.5
          Giants -3
          GL
          DET -3?? Where did you find that? Moved out to -6 and more
          As Always - Good Luck,

Sonny

Comment

Opened at Detroit -3. Locked it in on 12/30. I knew Rodgers would get scratched on Sunday AM.

GL

Comment

5-7-1. Ugh!

I did manage to finish tied for 10th and 18th in the Carib Contest!
              Last edited by widestrides; 01-01-2012, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X