Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Chance for an NFL playoff Bracket contest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Chance for an NFL playoff Bracket contest?

Just thought I'd throw that out there.
    We could pick the playoffs straight up through the superbowl and then total score (or exact score) for the big game itself.
    Tie breaker could be total yards in the superbowl.

Could be fun but picks would have to be in by saturday afternoon (eastern) first game I believe is at 4pm est.

I'll ask Jeff............

Comment

OK, I sent him an email........

Comment

the nfl gow already goes through the playoffs...i think it would be pointless for jeff to give money for a contest basically to give the people that are out of the gow contest a chance to win more free money

Comment

True it does.
          But this would be all picks at once and straight up not ATS.
          So, it'd be different really.

Just a thought is all. Even if it's not a money contest like the upset of the week in college football was it'd be fun.

Comment

RestEasy: I agree with you a bracket contest would be interesting but adding a spread will give it the spin it needs.

Also I want you to know that you are my sleeper pick in the NFL GOW Contest to come from behind and win that contest.

I am good anyway you all want to play it....

Comment

haha thanks man. We'll see we have some good cappers this year and I'm already below my total for last year (17-3-1 last year)

Any way works really straight up differentiates it from the GOW and more bracket-like. but ATS certainly makes it harder.

Comment

It dont matter to either way, but Straight up I can see 20 players with the same ending, alebit tie breakers

Comment

Straight up works, because the NFL reseeds...so to get a perfect bracket, you have to factor in potential upsets.

You can get more points for each round, Wild Card weekend 1 point, Divisional 2 points, Conference Championship 3, Super Bowl 5
                  Last edited by Taxman; 01-03-2012, 06:41 PM.

Comment

If Jeff can't spring for it, then $10 or $20 per entry.

Would you rather pick the whole bracket now with no point spreads? I would prefer to pick them each week with the spread.

Giants - Atlanta is the only close game this week and next week most of the bye teams will be heavy favorites. Not much skill in just picking those SU.
                    Last edited by widestrides; 01-04-2012, 10:03 AM.

Comment

yeah, the straight up would make it different from the GOW
                      plus if you pick one wrong now it'll carry through the bracket making the standings more diverse.

Exactly taxman it'd be a different points per round. I think it'd be fun. Money or no money.
                      Paypal entries would be fine too if we can get enough in these 2.5 days

We could post picks like this since posting a bracket would be difficult.
                      Just be sure people know to RESEED correctly. But that one in bold

Wildcard (1pt per game)
                      AFC
                      Team 3 vs Team 6 - Team 6
                      Team 4 vs Team 5 - Team 4
                      NFC
                      ----------

Divisional (2pts per game)
                      AFC
                      Team 1 vs Team 6 - Team 6
                      Team 2 vs Team 4 - Team 2

NFC
                      -----------

Conference (3pts per game)
                      AFC
                      Team 2 vs Team 6 - Team 2
                      NFC
                      ---------

Superbowl (4 pts)
                      AFC Team 2 vs NFC Team 2 - NFC Team 2
                      Tiebreaker if needed
                      48 pts (or we could do afc 17 - nfc 31 but that'd be hard to figure who's the closest if they have the same)
                      1200 total yds

Comment

Working...
                      X