NFL Wild Card picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Wild Card picks

OK.....might as well throw mine out there.

HOU -4 - Killer defense and running game for the Texans, and at home. Cincy lost all 6 regular season games against playoff teams and only 1 win against a team with a winning record.
    DET +10.5 - Stafford threw for over 400 yds last meeting and the Lions had more yds and FD's. I just think Detroit can keep it a tad closer this time.
    NYG -3 - Giants playing well last couple games and at home. Atlanta's road record not too impressive. Actually neither is the Giants home record, just think they may be peaking at the right time.
    PIT -8.5 - I don't see how Denver can score enough to keep this close and don't think their defense can keep them close either. They gave up 32 to Minny, 41 to NE and 40 to Buffalo over the course of the last 5 games.

Originally posted by dragon1952 View Post
    OK.....might as well throw mine out there.

HOU -4 - Killer defense and running game for the Texans, and at home. Cincy lost all 6 regular season games against playoff teams and only 1 win against a team with a winning record.
    DET +10.5 - Stafford threw for over 400 yds last meeting and the Lions had more yds and FD's. I just think Detroit can keep it a tad closer this time.
    NYG -3 - Giants playing well last couple games and at home. Atlanta's road record not too impressive. Actually neither is the Giants home record, just think they may be peaking at the right time.
    PIT -8.5 - I don't see how Denver can score enough to keep this close and don't think their defense can keep them close either. They gave up 32 to Minny, 41 to NE and 40 to Buffalo over the course of the last 5 games.
    Can't trust Yates. Cinci's D may keep it close. I'd like to see Jake come on and make a run through the playoffs. That would be a great story. He's capable. Of course, he's also capable of fumbles and Pick 6s!

Stafford has been red-hot, so in a shoot-out, he could cover that 10.5. Saints D nothing great, but Vilma is crafty and at home the crowd will help and maybe rattle the Lions enough to kill a few drives.

Yes, Giants "seem" to be peaking. Hope they don't revert back to their helter-skelter clueless defense. Falcons no-huddle could cause them trouble, as could Gonzalez and Julio.

I hear ya' with Pitt. It's up to Denver's D to keep this one close and low scoring and open to a Tebow finish. Or even a back-door cover. But that may be dreaming. If this plays out the way things have been going, it'll be 20-6 Pitt.

GL

Comment

HOU -4 - I liked them, but like at -3, now has gone to -4. I just don't see either side trouncing the other. Maybe a 6 point tease? I expect a close game, but no matter who says what, Houston has the better defense and DC Phillips is on site to scheme against a rookie QB.

N.O. -10½ - The Saints are hot, Brees is HOT, and IMHO, they have the better defense here and are at home. Lions lack of a running game is simply not an Rx for winning in the playoffs. A shootout for sure, but just watch the Saints run and wear down that clock when they get a lead and even if they don't. DC Williams will come with a plan. Who has a plan to stop Brees?

NYG -3 - That pas rush will get to Ryan eventually and maybe immediately. Giants are on a roll, Falcons have beat up on bad teams for the most part. The Giants suffocating front 7 will put the clamps on the Atlanta offense and snuff it out like a wet match in an Arctic wind.

Upset Special Denver +9 - I think this shapes up to be a low scoring affair. Both teams have decent defenses. Pittsburgh injuries are steadily mounting at the worst time. C Pouncey is OUT, RB Mendenhall is OUT, DB Clark is OUT. How healthy are Polamalu and Harrison? Roethlisberger is not mobile. I see at least 2 botched snaps, 3+ false starts/burned time outs. The Denver D will focus on getting to Ben early and often and with his current status, he'll be easy to take down.

Think Tomlin will make a switch, like he should have done at SF? Keep a close eye on the sidelines, because going to Batch or Dixon is the smart move.

If Denver can stay close, and I think they can, look for Tebow to run/pass and victimize a gasping Pittsburgh defense in that rarefied atmosphere in the late going. Like he has done most of the year, if Tebow needs A score, he'll get it. What better story for the NFL than for Denver to slay the Steelers on late game heroics?

This is a Steeler squad that beat Cleveland 13-9 last week in a game they had to have. You really think a less healthy squad walks into Denver and cake rolls to an easy win? I don't.
      As Always - Good Luck,

Sonny

Comment

Originally posted by stardust View Post
        This is a Steeler squad that beat Cleveland 13-9 last week in a game they had to have. You really think a less healthy squad walks into Denver and cake rolls to an easy win? I don't.
        Yes I do :^ )
        Pittsburgh totally dominated Cleveland last week in every aspect (except TO's). 22-14 FD's, 360-240 yds, 161-72 rushing yds, 221-177 passing yds, 39:11-20:49 TOP. They held them to 3 FG's on drives of 57, 45 and 46 yds. If Redman (2 fumbles) had held onto the ball it would have been a different story. Denver scored just 3 pts in a 'must win game', at home and against KC. They have no passing game and they won't be able to gash Pittsburgh on the ground like they did KC. Pouncey is the only significant injury for the Steelers IMO. Mendenhall sucks anyway and they should be plenty healthy enough on defense.
        Guess,
        Pittsburgh 24
        Denver 10

Comment

in my write up I mention denver could be an upset game.
          at the very least I really like the +9 (or is it 8 now?)

also liking the over there. Not as big but think it could hit. I do believe denver will pass more. They mention brady quinn getting some practice. I wonder if they'll throw him in once in a while like vikes do with webb.
          either way I think broncos take some chances and with thomas and decker those could very well pay off.

Comment

NO 167 yards rushing . . .

Cinci simply didn't belong

Looking for

NYG & Denver today . . .

NO/Detroit was certainly entertaining
            As Always - Good Luck,

Sonny

Comment

Originally posted by resteasy View Post
              in my write up I mention denver could be an upset game.
              at the very least I really like the +9 (or is it 8 now?)

also liking the over there. Not as big but think it could hit. I do believe denver will pass more. They mention brady quinn getting some practice. I wonder if they'll throw him in once in a while like vikes do with webb.
              either way I think broncos take some chances and with thomas and decker those could very well pay off.
              I feel it in my bones, but at my age, it could just be my arthritis
              As Always - Good Luck,

Sonny

Comment

Originally posted by dragon1952 View Post
                Yes I do :^ )
                Pittsburgh totally dominated Cleveland last week in every aspect (except TO's). 22-14 FD's, 360-240 yds, 161-72 rushing yds, 221-177 passing yds, 39:11-20:49 TOP. They held them to 3 FG's on drives of 57, 45 and 46 yds. If Redman (2 fumbles) had held onto the ball it would have been a different story. Denver scored just 3 pts in a 'must win game', at home and against KC. They have no passing game and they won't be able to gash Pittsburgh on the ground like they did KC. Pouncey is the only significant injury for the Steelers IMO. Mendenhall sucks anyway and they should be plenty healthy enough on defense.
                Guess,
                Pittsburgh 24
                Denver 10
                Denver 20
                Pittsburgh 19

Just a guess . . . good luck to all.
                As Always - Good Luck,

Sonny

Comment

Didn;t have much of a read on yesterdays games, but my fav play of the weekend is the NYG -3. I think they are one of those teams who come in hot, and make a run at the Super Bowl. Atlanta is one of the most over-rated teams in the league, and I think we are getting some good value on the G-men here.

I trust my money in Eli's hands and hopefully his butter-fingers receuvers will help him out today. They dropped many passes over the season that could have helped the Giants to a much better record. So if Manningham, Cruz, etc. hold onto the passes I think NY rolls in this one at home.

Atlanta looked horrible at times too and on the road, out of the dome, I see no way to back them

Goi Giants!

27-21 G-men!

Also played them in a future to win the NFC at 10-1.

Comment

Working...
                  X