Ohio State at Illinois Mens Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State at Illinois Mens Basketball

After pouring over almost every possible piece of information in comparing these two teams on paper it is clearly obvious that the Buckeyes are better in almost every category from the offensive side to the defensive side.

We need a healthy DJ to give them 15 points and play some clamp down defense. Without him it will be a tall chore to beat Ohio State.

Craft the pesky little PG from the buckeyes have been turnover prone in his last 3 games he has turned it over 10 times, six alone vs Indiana.

I have said this before and I stand by it, Illinois plays up or down to the level of competition.

Ohio State is due for a letdown game and with Indiana coming up next they could easily be looking ahead.

The Spread opens Illinois as a 9 point dog at home, give me all the points the book can muster because there is a ambush awaiting for the Buckeyes

i see it at 8.5
    you like Illi that much still?

Comment

Yes Resteasy I also like the 8.5 points.

Call me crazy, tell me I have had to much Orange Kool-Aid but I think Illinois is going to beat Ohio State straight up.

I am well aware that Illinois senior PG is out and DJ Richardson is nursing a injury to his shooting wrist.

The O/U is 123 If Illinois has a chance to win this straight up and cover the 8.5 I think it needs to be a 57-54 type game

I am placing a small wager on Illinois and the points

Illinois can play some defense and it should be really interesting to see Sullinger school Illinois center Myers Leonard on the block.

The Illini have a boat load of talent, it is raw and slowly coming together, If Illinois can limit turnovers and bust the 2-3 zone the buckeyes will turn to this should be a close game.

Ohio State handed Iowa one of it's worse losses at home ever last week, I think the bucknuts are over looking Illinois looking ahead to Indiana rematch.

There will be several NBA scouts at the game all the more reason to lace them up tight and come to play.

Comment

Nice call Carpet.

I was sipping the Orange Kool-Aid too.

It just goes to show everyone that it is extremely tough to win on the road in the Big Ten, especially at the top tier schools in the league.

Comment

nice call and win for Illinois! The best they have played all year for sure.

Comment

good job man! tailed this as well. This and taxman's nba scenario made for a very nice evening.

Comment

Nice call crapet, keppem covered.
              good luck

Comment

Thanks Guys, it was a great win.

Brandon Paul put on a show scoring 43 points which is the third highest in Illinois basketball history. Dave Downey scored 53 pts in 1963 and Andy Kaufman scored 45 pts in 1990.

This was the most points scored by one player vs Ohio State since Tommie Johnson of Central Michigan poured in 45 pts in 1987.

There has only been 2 other players in the last 10 years to have scored 40 or more points, have 8 rebounds and 4 blocks in a game. Al Thorton (fsu) and Chris Kaman CMichigan.

I told you that this team is load with talent Brandon Paul a former MR ILLINOIS HS BASKETBALL selection is just one of those special players.

Illinois at 15-3 should find them selves back in the top 25 next week. This team is just starting to come together, who will step up next for the Illini?

Myers Leonard 7-1 center had the NBA scouts drooling at his athletic ability, the consensus is he needs to mature and learn more of the game but to have a 7 footer run the floor like a deer and pass like he can the sky is the limit for this kid.

Comment

Working...
                X