• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widestrides NFL Picks Divisional Playoffs Week

3-3 Wild Card Week
    Season 116-96 (54.7%)

This Week:

New Orleans -3.5 and over 47 vs SF. I just don't think the Niners can keep the ball away and hold off Drew Brees and so they will be forced to play catch up, leading to the over. Saints 31-20.

Denver and New England over 50. Brady will duplicate his success against the Broncos in Denver and then Tebow will have to open it up and play catch up. That will lead to some TOs but also some points for the Broncos as the Pats D is a bit weak. New England 37-20.

Baltimore -7 (buy the hook) and under 36 vs Houston. Suggs and Co. will shut down Yates and key on Arian Foster. Texans D could keep them within the spread, but I can't see their O scoring more than 13. Turnovers could put this game over the number, but only if the teams open it up and I don't see either of them doing that. Certainly not Houston. Baltimore 20-10.

Giants and Packers under 52.5. Either the cold and playoff intensity keeps this under, or the Giants run the ball to keep it away from Rodgers. But if Packers get off fast, the track meet will be on and it'll jump over 52.5. Giant upset 27-24. Hmmm? Why the under then? I guess it'll be a late score.

GL

Last edited by widestrides; 01-13-2012, 04:02 PM.

Any opinion on your Gmen? I stink at the pro's so just an observation. Seems to me that the Giants are a totally different team at home. I mean last week they looked like they could beat anyone. Besides the Saints they seem to have the most momentum right now. Any opinion either way?

Comment

I am not confident the Giants secondary will be able to contain Rodgers and his great WRs and TE. I was pretty confident with the Gmen the last two weeks but no play this week. You might read that as a play on GB if I wasn't a Giant fan. But I could also see the Giants front 4 getting some pressure on Rodgers and Eli hanging in there within 8 points in a shootout with Rodgers. Shoot, Packers could be up 14 and Giants could get a late TD for a backdoor cover.

Comment

Thanks WS for both of your replies. Not trying to scare you but I also agree that the Giants front four are playing great and I love the under also here.. Hope I didn't put my NFL curse on you or Dragon.. Good luck my friend and thanks!!

Comment

Well I guess you can't curse us both on the GB/NYG game cause it looks like we might be opposite ;^ )
          Good luck everyone!

Comment

Well actually I said that I like the under on that particular game and I like the Packers to win.. I love the under and although I say I suck at the NFL, I never watch or try to be good at it until I have to. That being said the Pack/Gmen will go under..

Comment

2-1 yesterday.

Bucking the over trend today with some unders. Already have Ravens under 36. It is now 37.5!

Same with Packers. Got them under 52.5 and now it is 54.5!

Adding a unit on each.

So today:
              Ravens -7 (bought the hook)
              Ravens under 36
              Ravens under 37.5

Packers under 52.5
              Packers under 54.5

GL
              Last edited by widestrides; 01-15-2012, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Pushed the Ravens -7. Knew I needed that hook.

Won the two unders! Thanks to Yates' TOs, but that's what I was counting on.

4-1-1 so far this weekend.

Go Giants! And keep it under.

Comment

Giants and Pack 3 points in the 3rd quarter and then 24 in the 4th! Gimme a break on my under 54.5! Ha! I don't care. Giants won. Can't believe the Pack played so poorly. Did they peak too early? Distracted by Philbin? Or just the Giants?

4-3-1 for the weekend.

On to SF. That SF D will be tough for the Giants. Can't see running on them. Eli will have to do it through the air. I hope Alex Smith used up all his luck last week.

Line went from SF -3 to -2.5. That early move off of a 3 has got to be sharp money. But the game will probably be decided by a TO.

Comment

Working...
                  X