RestEasy Divisional Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RestEasy Divisional Weekend

Great weekend last weekend now let's see about this Divisional Playoff Weekend.

Some very very good matchups this weekend with higher spreads than I would have thought in the playoffs. It's an extremely difficult weekend to cap but here's my thoughts.

Saints -3 @ 49er's O/U 47

The 9'ers are a time of possession run the clock and get any points they can kind of team. They will work on wearing down the saint defense and keeping the saints offense on ice.
    The saints are a big play machine. They respond 'you going to kill the clock and get 3? We'll score 7 and let you run it out.'
    I don’t expect 7 on each possession nor do I expect 3 on each SF possession. I do though expect a slower paced game dictated by the san fran offense and defense resulting in a lower than 47 point score. I also expect more 7's from the saints than from the 9'ers and as a result saints win and cover.

Broncos @ Patriots -13.5 O/U 50
    Ok, the Tebow show enters New England. Had them to win last week because Tebow has shown he can make the big play, they were at home for the playoffs!, steelers injuries were troublesome, steelers not scoring much on the road, broncos D playing well.

2 of those things apply with Tebow capable of creating a big play and their D playing well. The rest is not. The big play is diminished by the lack of Eric Decker. Eddie Royal will have to step up big. The Defense won't be enough.

It won't happen. I keep thinking maybe there will be a backdoor cover but Belichek will not let off the gas. He'll come out slow, maybe it'll be close at the half. Then the broncos will get torched.
    I hate the points especially in the playoffs but I don't believe in the broncos on the road.

Texans @ Ravens -7.5 O/U 36
    Texans have never beaten the ravens. The ravens are undefeated at home this year.
    But, they don't have to beat them just cover the spread. Ravens are 3-5 ATS at home this year.
    Foster and Tate will run the ball, Daniels will open the middle of the field and Andre Johnson will be there for the big play.
    The houston D I do believe can get pressure on Flacco, cause him to make mistakes and slow down Ray Rice just enough.
    Still, there will be some scoring in this game I think just enough to cover.
    I'm taking the points with the hook in favor.

Giants @ Packers -8 O/U 52.5
    Both teams can score and both have weak secondaries so I'm looking at the over.
    It'll be sunny and cold in green bay but I don't expect that to slow these teams down especially in the second half.
    Giants may lean on the run a little more but if the play is there, and with the weak secondary of the packers it'll be there then eli will go for it. They may have to if they get down.
    Packers rested several starters week 17. That means they haven't played since week 16. That offense is a well oiled machine but will that timing suffer from lack of use? Maybe a little hiccup at first but it should kick in.
    I simply expect this to come down to the 4th quarter. Close game or backdoor cover. It's over 7 take the points.

Good Luck!

Adding a prop
    SF 1st score FG/safety +140

Teasers
    NEW ORLEANS +3-135 (B+6)
    NEW ORLEANS vrs SAN FRANCISCO TOTAL u53-110 (B+6)
    DENVER vrs NEW ENGLAND TOTAL o44-110 (B+6)
    HOUSTON vrs BALTIMORE TOTAL o30-110 (B+6)

NEW ORLEANS +3-135 (B+6)
    NEW ORLEANS vrs SAN FRANCISCO TOTAL u53-110 (B+6)
    DENVER vrs NEW ENGLAND TOTAL o44-110 (B+6)

DENVER vrs NEW ENGLAND TOTAL o43-110 (B+7)
    NEW ENGLAND -6½-110 (B+7)
    HOUSTON vrs BALTIMORE TOTAL o29-110 (B+7)
    NY GIANTS +14½-110 (B+7)

will probably do another tomorrow depending on today's games.
    couple parlays of my picks too in 3 or 4 teamers.

Comment

I like teasing the Ravens with the Saints/49ers UND.

Can't see Ravens losing at home with that defense to a kid making his 4th or 5th NFL start.

49ers defense should be able to slow down Saints some & will try to take the air out of this game with the running game.

Props -

Colston under 6.5 rec
      Brees under 29 completions
      Saints/49ers over 3.5 FGs
      !
      GL

Comment

In the divisional round, home team favorites of 13 or more are 7-0 SU, 5-2 ATS.

So, it looks NE, but Tebow is 5-1 ATS on the road. NE's defense is porous. If Denver does not turn it over it should stay within 2TDs.

My POW was U 47.5 NO/SF...if SF can run the ball, eat clock and limit possessions. I don't see NO scoring 6 TDs in 6 possessions. Should be more FGs than TDs in this game.

Comment

Tax,

I hope your assessment is an accurate one because all my props say the same.

Comment

Hart, I thought it was ironic that you are I were on the same page as I was typing it.

GL2U!

Comment

2nd post sounds good taxman. In line with what I have.

baltimore I can see winning and should win but I do think houston can keep it by a td or more. I like the tease more and the over there is one of my favorites this week. I do think they go over 36

I also have the over 3.5 fg's prop.

Good luck to us!

Comment

Saints are a 2nd half team
                14-10 down at half last week (scored 35 2nd half)
                21-10 up against atlanta (scored 24 2nd half)
                21-13 up against minny (scored 21 2nd half)
                6-3 up against tenn (scored 16 2nd half)
                21-3 up against giants (scored 28 2nd half)

there are a couple times this didn't happen carolina, detroit (regular season)

thanks, and that's just the Saints scored in the 2nd half so add to that whatever the other teams scored and you get the idea.

and another int.

Depends on the line. If it's around 20/21 take the over.
                21.5 or above I'd hesitate.
                Last edited by resteasy; 01-14-2012, 05:10 PM.

Comment

I think everyone is down on the Packers due to primacy/recency factor. People/media has short memories and remember the Giants dominating the Crappy, overrated Falcon last week, but have forgotten how the Pack ran the table this whole year.

Giants may be the hot team that is dangerous but I think GB at home is too dominating for a NYG team who has laid many eggs this year!

Pack by 10 and I lean to the over as well.

Comment

It's a hard game for me to pick since I'm a fan which is why IF I bet giants games I try to stick with the total and if I do bet a side I do it small.

But, some packers haven't played in 3 weeks and that could show in the beginning. Eli has been good all year which had been pretty quiet until week 16. The run game is starting to move now and they got healthier since last time these 2 met. THat game also I look at as the packers had 10 days and the giants 5 to prepare for that yet it was close and the giants are not good at home.
                    They'll push with the front 4 and be able to drop back a little more for pass coverage.
                    Pack D is just not good and the giants can take advantage.
                    Giants pass D isn't very good either but they'll slow the run down.

I like the points, especially on a tease. The over should play as well. My only worry with the over is if the Giants do run more and try to wear down the clock to keep rodgers off the field. The problem with that strategy is that IF the big play is there, and that D it'll be there then Eli will go for it which = points.

Comment

taking over 23 2nd half
                      it'll hedge nicely with my tease which goes to 53 or 54 (6pt or 7pt)

Comment

nice I get my money back and then some!

hey, this prop looks good
                        AARON HERNANDEZ SC A TD +105

last time denver spent a lot of resources on gronk and hernandez tore them up. may happen again as gronk is the bigger threat.
                        did it small for fun

Comment

missed the first game, hit the second game.
                          Got some props lost some props.
                          Hit a half, missed a half

Added a little more on NE and turned a profit today lets do it again tomorrow

Comment

typed this and didn't hit post after my computer went blue screen. Guess I'll finally get my solid state running tonight.
                            anyhow, the over in the balty game was my favorite play this week even though I played houston +9 in my GOW.
                            Like both overs and here's how I ran it.

Got this teaser left
                            DENVER vrs NEW ENGLAND TOTAL o43-110 (B+7) WIN
                            NEW ENGLAND -6½-110 (B+7) WIN
                            HOUSTON vrs BALTIMORE TOTAL o29-110 (B+7)
                            NY GIANTS +14½-110 (B+7)

added
                            HOUSTON +14½-110 (B+7)
                            HOUSTON vrs BALTIMORE TOTAL o29½-110 (B+7)
                            NY GIANTS vrs GREEN BAY TOTAL o46-110 (B+7)

Houston +14.5
                            Over 30

PROP bet,
                            Andre Johnson score a TD +180

1st Q
                            Over 7pts.

1st Half houston +4.5
                            over 17.5

Parlays
                            (got this one earlier in the week)
                            houston +7.5
                            over 35