College Hoops Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Hoops Thursday

Pango, please chime in too.. I like to see who you are on!

Been up and down lately, as I strayed away from my capping process a bit and listen to too much public chitter chatter. I like to find games where the betting % are swayed one way , and go opposite, Long run it does well for me.

So onto Thursday...horrible night last night as I couldn't pick a winner to save my life!

Georgia Tech +4 over Virginia..Virg. come in ranked #15 and as a road fav. GT is not great but have played a tough scedule. I see GT havinga shot to win this one SU as Virginia may get caught peeking ahead to VTech who is on tap for them. --2 unit play--

Oregon State pk (-130) over UCLA...up tempo Beavers at home against an always public fav UCLA. Like the Beavers here as much as I like real beaver. (they make nice natural dams)

Troy +5 vs. FLorida Atlantic---Good guard play for Troy, and FAU may have a couple injuries I hear too. Troy very well could win SY

Penn State +4 over Illinois...Sometime Illinois play to the level of competition. PSU sucks but I see them giving Illinois a ballgame.

Thats all for the night ...GL!

I like real beaver. (they make nice natural dams)
    so do I but Im not talking about the animals

Good Luck on your plays wood, Carpet ain't gonna like your PSU play
    good luck

Comment

weird line movement.
      1 of my books is stating that Portland-4 1/2 is getting 65% of the wagers while they have dropped from -5 1/2.
      San Diego should be the play.
      good luck

Comment

I was very impressed with Virginia vs Duke. They are the smartest basketball team I have seen in years. VERY well coached. I may just play them every game the rest of the year. Unlike any other team, you will get your money's worth with them - win or lose - cover or not. Now if Glenn RIce Jr. goes off again, my -3.5 is in trouble. But Virginia plays very good D - one of the best in the country and I gotta believe they have a plan for Junior.

I sure was impressed with Illinois vs Ohio State. Sure that was at Illinois, but Penn State is not half the team that Ohio State is. Worth a -3 shot.

Also like Greensboro even, Arizona -14 and Washington +1.

GL

Comment

Illinois coming off a 8 day rest, having a chance to heal some injuries and get some practices in.

Penn State the last few years has always played Illinois tough, but this year is different, Taylor Battle the Illni killer is gone and PSU has only one good player that can score.

Expect Illinois to clamp down on the guards of Penn State. Pushing the ball down low on offense where the Lions will have no one to defend the 7-1 center of Illinois

My numbers show Illinois by 7 in this game

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
            Illinois coming off a 8 day rest, having a chance to heal some injuries and get some practices in.

Penn State the last few years has always played Illinois tough, but this year is different, Taylor Battle the Illni killer is gone and PSU has only one good player that can score.

Expect Illinois to clamp down on the guards of Penn State. Pushing the ball down low on offense where the Lions will have no one to defend the 7-1 center of Illinois

My numbers show Illinois by 7 in this game
            Coach Weber was told by the Purdues assistant coaches that he better make sure his team is ready to play. The gym is dark every where except for the court, very little fan base, just hard to get up to play PSU.

Weber wants Brandon Paul to drive the lane more vs PSU and get to the foul line, that is sound strategy.

When Penn State lost to Minny 80-63, the gophers attacked the basket and made 33 out of 44 free throw attempts.

I look for that same type of offensive strategy to happen in this game.

Comment

Virginia put a whippin on GT 70-38! Greensboro covered nicely as did Arizona.

Illinois sleepwalking in Happy Valley. Trying to wake up and make it a game. Covering 3 might be tough.

Washington also in trouble.

GL

Comment

Sometimes the book does hand out gifts like Virginia -4 and I am stupid enough not to take it! Yuck!

Go Beavers!

Comment

I don't like one on one basketball, but if I was coaching Illinois, I would have let Brandan Paul go one and one all night. Why let those other guys force them up and miss? Even some of Leonard's were forced. I hate when the coach says you HAVE to pass it inside. Let the players react and take what the D gives you. Anyway, Illinois doesn't play with much passion except for Paul. Leonard is good but looks like he's rather be playing video games.

Comment

Wasn't Available yesterday,But today I like Wisc.Gr.Bay +10 as a strong play

Comment

Working...
                    X