• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Super Bowl line....NYG +3.5 O/U 55

Should be an interesting game!

Now giants +3 even odds o/u 55

A little too early

Comment

With the way both defenses have been playing I'm leaning UN 55.5 at the moment. The first match-up was 44 pts and both defenses are playing better now. As of now, NE-3 and UN 55.5 looks pretty good.

Comment

Brady beat the broncos and the ravens IN new england to get here.
        The giants beat the falcons at home, packers on the road, 9'ers on the road to get here.
        ravens at 4-4 on the road (now 4-5) and broncos.... yeah.
        pack and 9'ers considered top teams in the nfl.

Here? Here is the Colt's home stadium where people already have a manning jersey hanging next to their 'I hate tom bradicheck' ironic hoodie.
        Pats going into hostile territory and the giants going into a friendly away crowd.
        Giants held brady IN new england to Zero first half points this year when they beat them.
        AND the giants are looking even better than when they last played.

All of this Yet pats favored by 3?
        Why? Not home field advantage. Must be popularity and they were the #1 seed. Also follows the trend that I don't believe the giants have been favored this post season.

This isn't a homer post, it's factually correct.
        We have 2 weeks to mull this over but Giants +3 looking much better
        and I agree with your under.
        Last edited by resteasy; 01-23-2012, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Perhaps the Pats are favored because Joe Public "perceives" the Patriots as being the better team. They have been to the Super Bowl 5 out of the past 11 years, counting this year.

I am not saying the Pats are the better team, but the linesmaker probably figures they will be the public's favorite.

I agree, NY +3 looks pretty good right now.

Comment

I agree GMen SU
            good luck

Comment

New England has huge revenge going here though for SB XLII (not to mention the last second loss to the Giants earlier this year). I don't think they lose to the NYG 3 times in a row.
              Notes:
              New England turned the ball over 4 times in their week 9 match-up vs the NYG. Brady threw for 342 yds and 2 TD's but had 2 picks and a fumble that helped give the Giants a 10-0 lead. The Pats out-yarded them by nearly 80 yds.
              The NYG were without Ahmad Bradshaw and Hakeem Nicks.
              Early guess,
              NE 30
              NYG 23

Comment

Just my opinion so take it for what its worth. I dont factor in "revenge" in any sense in this game. If you're not motivated for the Super Bowl something is really wrong. No outside factors will influence motivation in this game.

Comment

I cant find anyone local or nationally that isn't on the Giants and the unders. Is this game really that easy to pick? Will Vegas get buried? I can't see everyone betting the right side. What am I missing? Could this be a shootout that Brady wins? Just looking for more input before I pull the trigger. Good Luck to all

Comment

I know I stated i LIKE NY before but that was right after the weekend ended and if they had to play each other right away I would have bet NY, but I am starting to like the Pats.
                    they seem to be business like and serious, It appears NY is joking around having a party like its a for gone conclusion that they are the victors.

there is guy at work going around giving anyone who will take his wager and giving them NY +3 and I say him take 4 bets in 15 minutes. I have this feeling he gonna be celebrating when this is over.
                    good luck

Comment

I still like NE -3. The total has come down to 54 now and my initial prediction was 30-23 so I'm really not sure there. I can see scenarios where the total goes either way. Both defenses were playing really well there at the end but both teams can put up points too. I think I'm just going with the side.

Comment

Originally posted by resteasy View Post
                        Now giants +3 even odds o/u 55

A little too early
                        3½ is a steal and the lines have all moved, so 3½ is just a memory. If you got down at that number, good on you.
                        As Always - Good Luck,

Sonny

Comment

Originally posted by zshimer View Post
                          Just my opinion so take it for what its worth. I dont factor in "revenge" in any sense in this game. If you're not motivated for the Super Bowl something is really wrong. No outside factors will influence motivation in this game.
                          Amen.
                          As Always - Good Luck,

Sonny

Comment

Working...
                          X