Murray State #9, really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murray State #9, really?

Yes, Murray State is number 9 in country and are the lone undefeated Division I team in the country.

I checked them out Saturday evening to see how this year's team looks. They are a decent team, but the competition they face in the league is not to great.

Their strength of schedule is 224, the Ohio Valley Conference is a very weak conference.

They did beat Memphis, Dayton and UAB, the rest of their schedule is very weak.

So, do you believe Murray State is worthy of being rank #9?

TaxMan

I think any team in the top 25 could beat Murray State any day of the week.

With as weak as the schedule is for the remainder of the regular season they might run the table

Comment

It is interesting you brought this team up Tax at 20-0

I am drilling down on this team. It looks like they should run the table vs a sub par group of teams. Lets look at what they have left.

Eastern Illinois- Yes they do have a basketball team

SE Missouri State- This is the only team that has a chance of beating Murray

UTM- (Just who the hell is UTM?) University of Tennessee Martin

Austin Peay-Giant Killers from the past

SE Missouri State-

Tenn State- Another cup cake

Tenn Tech-what a way to finish the season

We could actually see this team being undefeated as a number one seed and it will be the first time in history a 64 takes out a number one.

Comment

Carpet, my point exactly. This Murray State team has a chance to go undefeated in regular season play and should win the their conference tournament.

Do you really think the NCAA tournament committee will even consider them being a #1? I would project them a 6 seed at best. Anything higher than a 4 seed is an absolute farce.

Comment

Working...
        X