Nice article on Myers Leonard of Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice article on Myers Leonard of Illinois

Nice article on Myers Leonard. I won't be so critical of him now and will even root for him to succeed big time. Kid's got a lot on his mind.

Leonard is by far the best 7 footer to ever play at Illinois, his RAW athletic talent is off the charts.

Myers a sophomore comes from a small 1-A school in Robinson Illinois, he dominated 1-A play but it was clear he was work in progress. Last year as a Freshman he got to learn from Mike Tisdale Illinois Senior Center at 7 foot, it was the first time in his life he played against someone as tall as he was.

This off season he got to play in the 19 under Olympic team and it has paid dividends for his play. Leonard averages 13.4 points a game and 8 Rebounds a game.

He still is young, makes young mistakes and allows his emotions to effect his game.

There is some strong talk he will declare for the NBA this year, but he is not ready. NBA scouts are drooling over this kid, not for his current game but what it can be in a couple years. I know the kid and his family needs some money and a pay check of six figures will be just to much to pass on for him.

I know this if Myers leaves after this year for the NBA you will find him playing in Turkey in two years far away from Mom but with some decent money.

Should he stay and learn, perfect his skill and Lead Illinois to a final 4 next year?
    The risk of injury is so great (this could be offset with Insurance Policies). The pressure to provide a lotto winnings to his ailing mother at his young age I am afraid will be the main decision factor.

We have a lot of basketball to play this year and I pray he does not get hurt, he plays so hard in practice he is always banged up come game time.

I like this kid a lot but again let me say he is young in many ways and not ready for the NBA. He needs to come back Like Sullinger did at Ohio State to lock down a 1st round draft pick and a Major Guaranteed Pay Day.
    Last edited by Carpet; 01-29-2012, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X