Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat Tuesday Hoops

Some great games on deck

# 10 Michigan State opens a 3.5 chalk at Illinois.

Two teams heading in opposite directions it seems while the Sparties move to # 10 in the polls Illinois finds itself on a 3 game losing streak. Illinois must stop the bleeding in this home game and I think they will.

Illinois played with more grit and determination in the last game vs Minny than I have seen all year, getting hosed on a home team foul call at the end did not tell the whole story.

Michigan State has lost to Northwestern and Michigan this month on the road and are coming down rattlesnake road to play Illinois at the wrong time.

Dramon Green is a Monster of a Man down low, what is he like 34 years old and built like a wall that can move? State will pound it down low, you will not see any of the big's for state shooting the ball from beyond 8 feet of the basket.

Illinois will counter it using it's young and tall foul machines to keep this a inside battle on defense. There is no doubt in my military mind the Myers Leonard will be in foul trouble early and often this game.

I look for Illinois speed to keep them in this game, they are faster than state, if they limit the silly turnovers and create shots they win.

Illinois 78 Michigan State 75

I like!
    I dont think anyone in the big 10 deserves to be a road fav facing an upper tier team. Much state is over rated at number 10. I would take Illinois all day getting points as I see them knocking off the Spartans. Isn't it some kind of blue out or something in honor of coaches vs. cancer?

Comment

Yes Woodee there is a blue out and the crowd will be dressed in dark and loud...Sold Out game.

Illini will also be in Blue for this game, this young Illini teams attitude is so resilient they feel like they can beat any team in the land and they have the talent.

Comment

Line is down to +2 on most books right now.
        You have to keep your Illinois intel on the game hidden so these books don't move the line opposite of us!!

Comment

Kansas State pk over Iowa State...I am kicking myself for not grabbing the points this morning with KSU. But its still managable at a pk'em. ISU off its biggest win in 5 years against KU on Saturday and now back in action. Classic let down spot as ISU played a near perfect game the other day, and may come in a bit complacent. K-state is a good team still and I think the catch the CLones basking in the glow of the last win. May look at KSU first half as well.

Comment

I'm getting sucked into Celtics -4.

They had Cleveland down 10 with 5 minutes to go and stopped scoring. Boston is a much talented under performing team.

If they are going to win, they should handle this small number.

Comment

NBA totals today
              ATL/TOR Over 178 1/2
              Trending up(last 5 games)
              Bos/CLE Over 179
              Trending down(last 5 games)

This theory maybe over, so I will just note these and not play them see what happens

NBA sides (I know I said I wouldnt play them)
              Boston ML -165 cant see them losing B2B to cleveland

NJ +10 at indy
              (Indy has ownage won 9 of 10 from them, but indy has minny on deck who smacked them by 26 last meeting.possible look ahead, and indy coming off a huge payback win vs Magic.
              NJ lost badly last game expect better effort this time out.

SAC/GS Over 199 these teams like to run when they meet.
              good luck

Comment

Stepping out a big on a 8- point teaser for 3 units---most of my plays are just 1 unit, big plays are 3.

Bovada (old bodog) has 8-point 3 teamers at -110 odds.

Illinois +10
                K-State +9
                Vandy +5.5

In the NBA--

Love that Nets play at +10

Looking at Toronto +6 but they are so bad!!!

Comment

Originally posted by garister View Post
                  SAC/GS Over 199 these teams like to run when they meet.
                  Not to dispute your logic, but doesn't this go counter to the original theory? I have Sac at 190 and GS at 195. According to the original theory, I would take Under 199.

I bought it up to 200 and took the under as well as Bos/Cle Over 178.5. Hope the theory still holds, but like you said the theory may no longer apply. The lines are going to get better as the season continues.

Comment

Originally posted by OCK View Post
                    Not to dispute your logic, but doesn't this go counter to the original theory? I have Sac at 190 and GS at 195. According to the original theory, I would take Under 199.

I bought it up to 200 and took the under as well as Bos/Cle Over 178.5. Hope the theory still holds, but like you said the theory may no longer apply. The lines are going to get better as the season continues.
                    You are correct again, I was either looking at their last 5 games of sac198/GS199 or my mind blocked it out cause I liked the over.
                    I should have included this with NBA totals as an Under 199 which is down to 198.
                    Good Luck everyone.
                    good luck

Comment

22-20 Illni at half

What an ugly game Michigan State 7-30 shooting 1st half but grabbed 20 rebounds. Greene has 3 fouls and road the pine for 10 minutes.

Comment

good call on illi
                        caught the first half.... shooting was terrible.

Comment

Illinois wins 42-41 and covers, a huge win for this program.

What a tough game, as defense was the battle cry. I knew that Illinois would throw every big man that had at Green and it worked keeping him on the bench with 10 minutes left in the first half. Green came into this game with the flu and left injured.

Winning ugly is Illinois style, here is a interesting stat: Illinois has played THE LAST 7 games within 3 points conference play a record since 1921.

What a lucky gut check win for Illini beating a number 10, good bye bubble talk, hello what a dangerous team this could be

Comment

Thank you Boston for stuffing it up my ass!!!! Up 18 to the start the 4th, up 6 with 2 seconds left. Hey let's have the Cavs rookie toss a 3 pointer at the buzzer so that Cleveland gets the ATS win!! Why do I get backdoored so much!!! I cannot remember the last time I had a backdoor to win?

Comment

Boston Wins by 3 but doesnt cover thanks to a cleveland 3 point shot at the buzzer, that is why I chose ML instead of spread.

NJ covers losing by 7

so far totals are 1-1 with GS pending, the loss was by a point and half, but the line opened at 176 which would have been an over as they scored 177 points, it all depends on when you place the wager, lines are definitely getting tighter.
                              good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X