Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 "Mock Hilton Contest" Sign up and Discussion Page:

2012 "Mock Hilton" Sign up and Discussion Page:

I hope everyone the played in the 2011 "Mock Hilton Contest" enjoyed themselves. Fell free to discuss the 2011 contest and sign up for 2012 inside this post. I'm just trying to a handle on the size and interest for next year. Thanks for participating and hope to see everyone back next NFL season.

The Boys

I am in for next year and got a couple of sharps that also want to join us for next year

Comment

I'll donate again.

Comment

Sign me up

Comment

how can I say no?
          already looking forward to the next football season.

Comment

I plan to return. I might even post every week next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
              I am in for next year and got a couple of sharps that also want to join us for next year
              Bring in as many sharps as you want. I'm looking to grow this contest every year.

Comment

We got a late start with this one this year.......the more time we have to promote it and get the word out, the bigger the turnout....I would think we'd be able to have a much bigger pot next year.....

Comment

And with more time to prepare, we should be able to get the rules firmed up as far as day and time to post and tie-breakers.

Comment

Originally posted by OCK View Post
                    And with more time to prepare, we should be able to get the rules firmed up as far as day and time to post and tie-breakers.
                    I'm listening if you have any ideas.........

Comment

I just remember this past year how we had a lot of discussion of the posting deadline after we started and the tiebreaker rules were not determined for several weeks. Not a big deal, just would be nice to have it all worked out ahead of time this year.

As far as my preferences go, I prefer a deadline of one hour before your first game kicks off. But I can work with a Saturday midnight deadline if we go with that again.

Comment

The deadlines established was exactly those of the Hilton Contest, This was the mock Hilton contest as we mirrored the rules.

My vote it is whatever the rules are with the Hilton Contest our rules should be identical in the Mock Hilton Contest.

Comment

I thought the Saturday 12 midnight deadline worked pretty well. I don't see any valid reasons to change that????

Comment

I was not advocating a change in the deadline. Last year the discussion of the deadline continued after the contest started. I only said all the rules should be in place this year before we start since we are getting an earlier start this year.

My preference is for a later deadline, but since this is the "Mock" Hilton contest, our rules should mirror theirs as much as possible.

Comment

Look forward to it again next year.

These types of contests are good fun. Less stressful than individual wagers!

$50 for a full season of capping and rooting.

Comment

Working...
                              X