Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ILLINOIS -3 vs Purdue

ILLINOIS -3 vs Purdue.

If there is ever a time to serve home court and win this is the time. A home loss to Purdue would all but seal Illinois fate.

There is a swirling wind starting to blow towards Coach Weber's fate and the winds are getting stronger day by day. Weber has a contract that runs to the end of 2015 at a rate of 1.6 million per year. The new AD Mike Thomas who I am not sold on is quick to fire coaches.

Everyone knew that this year was going to be a rebuilding year losing 75% of your scoring and welcoming 7 new players to the team. This is a young team that is learning. A young team that has beaten # 5 and # 9 this year, so you cannot tell me that cant ball.

Weber has another dynamite recruiting class for 2013 ranked # 4 by Scout.
    NC,KS,Purdue,IL,Michigan, Indy, Florida,Duke,Ark, Ohio State are the top 10. It would be a damn shame if Coach Weber is not allowed to coach these players he recruited. Ok Enough of the Weber love fest.

When last these two teams met, Purdue had a 10-3 record as well as an outstanding Ken Pomeroy ranking of #23, with the #40 offense and #19 defense. They now sport a 16-9 spreadsheet (6-6 B1G Conference) and a #34 ranking from Pomeroy. Their adjusted tempo has slowed more than a possession per game to 65.4, which ranks #221 in the country. Since the Illinois game and their 2-0 start in conference, the Boilers have gone 4-6 with a big loss at Penn State (45-65), a surprising win at Minnesota (79-66), a home loss to Wisky (62-67), a home win over Iowa (68-75), a road humbling at MSU (58-83), a close loss at home to Michigan (64-66), a sweet road victory at Northwestern (58-56), a silly home loss to Indiana (61-78), a near upset on the road at Ohio State (84-87), and, most recently, a home win over Northwestern (87-77).

Purdue is coming in to Champaign to face a twice wounded bear that still has some fight left in him. This is a must win game for Illinois and it is for that reason I am taking Illinois to win this game and cover.

I am going to give them one more shot but on the ML with Murray st. ML parlay with + odds. Like it quite a bit.

Comment

Lock up the dogs, put the kids to bed, get all the Orange Kool-Aid you can find and place your self into a sound proof room to watch Illinois beat Purdue.

This is a must win game for the Illini, the practice yesterday was the best we have seen all year. If it carries over into tonights game then Illinois will beat Purdue like they stole something.

If not well then my bank roll will take a hit as hard as Illinois chances to make it to the dance tonight.

Comment

I said I was going to stay calm all game but this is horse poo. Down 10 already. Do they quit or pull their heads put of their asses for once. Urggjhhvthy!!!!

Comment

What are you thinking for half? Illinois has turned the ball over and shot 1-12 from 3. Do they figure it out or quit???????

Comment

I am spiking my orange kool aid with jack Daniels and going big on Illinois -3.5 second half. I never learn! Makes them +4.5 for the game do good value. Go orange!!

Comment

So another kick in the balls as I lose the second half play by a half point in the last seconds. As I said before screw these guys. No clue. Another bankroll burner. Illinois has taken more money from me than any other team. Sorry carpet but I think it's time to throw in the towel once and for all.

Comment

2 words for you.....Boiler Up!!!

That was a pathetic play at the end of the game! It is obvious that everyone in the building knew Brandon Paul was going to get to shoot the 3 at the end. Force up a double teamed 3.

It's too bad that Illini fans showed more energy than their team on the floor. Is the hole too deep to dig yourself out? Look past losing the last 6 out of 7. Look past stealing a win against Michigan State, Brandon Paul going nuts against Ohio State and you see the Illini barely beating Nebraska and Minnesota (OT) at home. Yikes!!! You still have Ohio State and Wisconsin on the road!!!! I just wonder when the time if ever a Big Ten team made it to the Dance with 10 conference losses??
                Last edited by Taxman; 02-15-2012, 10:07 PM.

Comment

All I have to say is if a team like Illinois beats out a bubble team like Iowa state I may flip my lid!! It could happen due to the knuckle heads love affair with the big 10. Even if Illinois wins one of the two big games there is no place for them in the big tourney.

Comment

Working...
                  X