Coach Bruce Weber Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Bruce Weber Illinois

Today a local news paper posted an article that read Coach Weber is fired, this was put up while the game was still in play. I sent a email to the Editor blasting them for such amateur journalism. The top portion is the response I received from them the bottom is what I sent.

This is a note we published on a message board that found the page. It was clearly a mistake made while preparing for what, according to our correspondent who covers the Illini, is inevitable.

Dave Dawson
    Managing Editor, Herald & Review
    601 E. William St.
    Decatur, Ill. 62523

Illini fans -

A page some of you found was inadvertently published on our website this morning. It was up for a little more than 90 minutes - we had a working lunch, and our web staff was out of the office and didn't realize what had been posted.

We made a bad mistake. My apologies to all of you who went to the page and were confused by what you saw. We take our role as a news source seriously, appreciate your patronage and trust, and we know an error like this is unacceptable.

We will strive to be sure it never happens again.

I stress our apologies and regret, and repeat that we were in error.

Tim Cain
    Decatur Herald & Review

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2012 1:44 PM
    To: Dave Dawson
    Subject: Coach Bruce Weber article

How could you post an article at 11:33am today that Bruce Weber was fired when the game is still being played.

This is unacceptable abuse of your journalistic powers to post false information, You should be ashamed of your self.

We all know that Coach Weber has basically coached his last game for Illinois, It is a damn shame that after 9 years of bleeding Orange and Blue that the local media could not treat him with the respect due and at least wait until the official decision was rendered.

I am not here to defend Coach Weber, he ran a clean ship, was a great ambassador to the community and worked his tail off.

As information becomes available I will keep you posted

Comment

A press Conference is slated for 11am cst today to announce Coach Weber's firing

Comment

Coach Weber has been fired, the search is on for a new coach

Comment

Working...
        X