Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA BIG DANCE 1st day picks

I am feeling pretty good with these picks, good luck all

Syracuse -15.5 vs UNC Ashville. (Should roll even without Melo in this game)

West Virginia +1 vs Zags (Huggins plays big east physical games and can get teams up for a game, bounce back time for WV)

WY KY +25 vs Kentucky (I think this scrappy team will make this more of a game than KY wants)

Wichita State + 6.5 over VCU (Both coaches are on Illinois radar but the shockers are a really good team)

N Mexico -4 vs Long Beach State (What am I missing here?)

Louisville -7 over Davidson (The cards are just to deep for Davidson to keep this close)

Here are mine--As usualy Carpet we are on oposite sides of many so far! Ha!

Colorado State +5.5 over Murray State

LB State +4 over New Mexico

So. Miss +5 over K-State

ML parlay--
    Marquette/Witchy State

New Mexico State +7 over Indy

Harvard + over Vandy

8-point teaser--
    Iowa State +10
    Zaga +7
    Baylor pk

Davidson +7 over Lville--I think lville is one of the big names to get beat this weekend. may not be this game but the next.

GL!!
    Last edited by woodee12; 03-15-2012, 08:28 AM.

Comment

hers what I like
      SMiss/KAN St Over 134
      Lville-6 1/2
      Baylor Over 140
      Baylor -7
      Uconn-2
      N.Mexico st +6 1/2
      Col +5 1/2

Good Luck guys!!!
      good luck

Comment

Begging for trouble. Took Murray State -4 2H as they are down 1 and getting outrebounded by 7 and missing open shots. Need to relax, put a body on Hornung and they are fine because they are turning the Rams over. Played Murray State -3 on Monday

Comment

Good second half play...I almost played that too as I thiught CSU played a good 1st.

I bit on the points but turning it over 22 times won't beat anyone.

I hope Murray makes a nice run from here...

Comment

Woodee, I was watching the game, CSU played at great 1H and were only up one. Good halftime adjustment by Murray State's coach to get the guys to settle down. 14 turnovers in the 2H were crazy.

Comment

Woodee, what's your take on the ISU/UConn game?

UConn is a different team Calhoun, I just don't know how they would match up against IA St?

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
                N Mexico -4 vs Long Beach State (What am I missing here?)
                You must have missed my last Saturday night 3 unit play on the Beach!

This team has experience and they pulled away in the 2H w/o one of their key players Larry Anderson. They had a very challenging non-conference schedule. This is my 'cinderella' team. I'm expecting them to make it through the weekend to the Sweet 16. The are a fun team to watch!!

Not sold on NM, strong home team, but lost to TCU on road...their non-conference schedule was mostly cupcakes.

Great value on the Beach this afternoon.
                Last edited by Taxman; 03-15-2012, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Very Chalky start to the tourney....Looks like 4 of 4 favs will cover so far with Marquette well on their way too.

I lik LB quite a bit too and played them already.

I feel like I am reliving my Big East tourney nighmare so far with playing dogs and them all losin either big, or my the favs hitting the FT late to cover in the last second..So. Miss.

Comment

and as I type, I get a miracle cover by Davidson! I had them +8 and +9 (2nd half). That makes by day brighter!

Comment

Louisville misses 6 out of 8 free throws in the final 30 seconds to push my game...

Comment

To Taxman question on ISU/COnn...

I have a fan's view on this game so its hard to judge. I have a small wager on ISU as I will be rooting for them either way.

What I do like here is that everyone is saying "oh UCONN...only a 2 point fav and they are a good tourney team, etc..."
                        I have personally undervalued ISU all year. I think they will play with the nothing to lose mindset while conn is already looking at the Kentucky match up next round.

Public is on conn 75% or so and th eline keeps bouncing from 1-2 points back and forth with conn -2 the highest I have seen.
                        The Cyclones can play with anyone and if they relax, and play the game that won them so many games, they will be right in it until the end which is all you can ask for.

I think this will be one of the better games of the whole day myself. Back and forth with not a whole lot of huge leads. I am concerned with ISU on the free throw line a bit tho. Royce White is a beast and will be a good match up with Lamb, but he shoots FT like Shaq. Airball one, and in the stands the next, and then makes 2 in a row.

So I am going with ISU, but if I had no rooting interest, I would still be on them as its just the l kind of play I like.

Comment

Harvard +6 over Vandy...did not put the line down above. addefd another 1/1 unit to them too.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
                            Louisville misses 6 out of 8 free throws in the final 30 seconds to push my game...
                            I got it at -6 1/2 lucky
                            good luck

Comment

Syracuse lays an egg and gets lucky to win and not cover vs UNC Ashville, what a poor performance, this team sucks without Melo, I took SY to advance vs Kansas state in a pool then losing to Wisconsin, I aint sure no more that Cuse could beat a hot Kstate club.

New Mexico wins 75-68 to cover the 4.

LB shot 42% from the floor and what really killed them was free throw shooting hitting only 57% from the charity stripe.

NM shot 51% from the floor and hit a amazing 75% from the line 18-24 easy ticks made.

Comment

Working...
                              X