Baseball-April Plays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball-April Plays

I will keep a running tally of my baseball plays here. Please chime in and post your plays here too and see if we can make some money early!

Play #1 of 2012!

UNDER 7 (-120) Philly/Pittsburgh Halladay/Bedard...Said I was going to bet Philly unders regularly early and no better spot to do it when DOC is on the mound. I am starting off with a **2 unit play** on this one as we saw last night the bats are a little slow early on for teams.

1 unit plays--

Cubs +140 over Washington
    Braves -105 over NY Mets
    Under 7 -115, bsoton/Detroit

Good Luck!

OVER 6 WASHINGTON/CHICAGO CUBS

6 is the O/U @ Wrigley. As usual, the wind factor is really biased with the totals at Wrigley. Granted Strasburg is on the mound, they are going to have him on a pitch count and I do not expect him to even throw more than 6 innings. The pitchers are not really conditioned to go long early in the season.

Anyway, back to the point at hand:
    Only 5 times in the last 3 years has the total at Wrigley been under 7! The total went over in 4 of the 5. 3 of the 4 overs went over by at least 2.5 runs.

Date Vs Score Away Starter Home Starter CHC Line O/U cubs score opp score total runs o/u line
    9/7/2011 CIN W6-3 Johnny Cueto(R) Ryan Dempster(R) W 100 O 6 -118 6 3 9 6
    6/29/2011 SF W2-1 Tim Lincecum(R) Ryan Dempster(R) W 123 U 6.5 111 2 1 3 6.5
    7/25/2010 STL L3-4 Chris Carpenter(R) Ryan Dempster(R) L 116 O 6.5 -122 3 4 7 6.5
    5/28/2010 STL L1-7 Chris Carpenter(R) Randy Wells(R) L 102 O 6.5 101 1 7 8 6.5
    5/26/2011 NYM W9-3 R.A. Dickey(R) Carlos Zambrano(R) W -131 O 6.5 -118 9 3 12 6.5

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
      OVER 6 WASHINGTON/CHICAGO CUBS

6 is the O/U @ Wrigley. As usual, the wind factor is really biased with the totals at Wrigley. Granted Strasburg is on the mound, they are going to have him on a pitch count and I do not expect him to even throw more than 6 innings. The pitchers are not really conditioned to go long early in the season.

Anyway, back to the point at hand:
      Only 5 times in the last 3 years has the total at Wrigley been under 7! The total went over in 4 of the 5. 3 of the 4 overs went over by at least 2.5 runs.

Date Vs Score Away Starter Home Starter CHC Line O/U cubs score opp score total runs o/u line
      9/7/2011 CIN W6-3 Johnny Cueto(R) Ryan Dempster(R) W 100 O 6 -118 6 3 9 6
      6/29/2011 SF W2-1 Tim Lincecum(R) Ryan Dempster(R) W 123 U 6.5 111 2 1 3 6.5
      7/25/2010 STL L3-4 Chris Carpenter(R) Ryan Dempster(R) L 116 O 6.5 -122 3 4 7 6.5
      5/28/2010 STL L1-7 Chris Carpenter(R) Randy Wells(R) L 102 O 6.5 101 1 7 8 6.5
      5/26/2011 NYM W9-3 R.A. Dickey(R) Carlos Zambrano(R) W -131 O 6.5 -118 9 3 12 6.5
      Wind blowing in all day on a cold chicago day even Kerry Woods could not help the over total, God the cubs suck

Comment

2-2

+195 (going to base it on $100 bet to make it easiset although I do not personally bet $100 per unit.)

The Cubs do suck...guy on 3rd no outs in the bottom of the 9th and the pinch runner gte thorwn out at home. Typical cubs baseball as they always lack fundenmentals no matter who the manager or GM is. Glad I am a cards fan!

Thursday:
        Brewers -125 over Cards--The ULTIMATE revenge game! ***3 unit play***Cards knocked Brewers out of the playoffs last year in this field. Brewers have had this game circled since last October! Opening day, revenge, good pitcher in Gallardi = Brew crew win.

Comment

Padres -130

Comment

Colorado -120
            If you think the Cubs suck, you haven't seen Houston in while! The Astros team is the equivalent of a mediocre Triple A team.

Comment

No kidding, plus the Nats didn't score with runners on 2nd and 3rd 1 out in first and left the bags loaded in the 3rd! Oh well, there will be another day!

I just cannot believe there was little scoring and hitting yesterday, and it wasn't because the weather sucked. 1-0 Philly (great call Woodie), 1-0 Mets.

I think the juice is out of the offensive players. Thank god they didn't raise the mound a few years ago with all the scoring, there would be total domination by all the great pitchers!

Comment

0-1, friday

Sat:
                Cubs -115
                Brewers -115
                Marlins +145
                Under 6.5 Philly-Pitts
                San Diego +

mil and Chicago 2 units.
                Last edited by woodee12; 04-07-2012, 09:16 AM.

Comment

OVER 9 Colorado/Houston

A combination of old and bad. Moyer old, 4.00 ERA, Lucas Harrell was horrible with the White Sox, gives up a walk every 2 innings. His stuff is hit able and that's a bad combination for a team that hits for average.

Comment

Will update my record later...

UNDER 7 Mia/Philly (even)

OVER 9.5 Boston./Toronto (-110)

Parlay--
                    Rockies/Angels (+125 on the parlay)

Comment

One more...

Seattle +1.5 (-105) over Texas...The Screw "YU" play of the day.

Comment

5-5 going into today, down $50 using $100 unit as guideline.

5-6 after the under lose in the philly game early....-$150.

Adding---

Toronto -120 over Boston

Comment

I forgot how fun it is to bet baseball when closers can't close. Ugh Toronto!!
                          Bad day today!!
                          Braves suck too.

Comment

5-9

Stumbled a bit lately....Trying one more day and may break for a bit.

I feel I have a good handle but playing the losers and leaving the other leans off my card!

Tuesday:

Reds -110 over STL...Cards batrs are hot but feel Lohse won't be as great tonight as he was in Miami so basically betting against him. Leake is OK, but think the Reds bats will heat up tonight. Lean on the over too.

OVER 9.5 bosox/Toronto....Bats were quiet but Bard/Drabeck matchup can make the score rise quickly as both has control issues.

Braves -180 over Houston....This is the max I will ever lay but have to go back to ATL tonight to chalk up their first in. Tommy Hanson on the mound and he can dominate. Weiland for Houston is a AA pitcher at best. Chipper is back tonight too. I am playing this small but parlayig in with the Chicago Bulls ML too.

Comment

2-1 yesterday.

Wednesday--

Under 6 philly/Miami
                              Seattle +1.5 (-105)
                              Padres -120

Comment

Working...
                              X