X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Mock Hilton Contest" Rules.........2012

"Mock Hilton Contest"

"Mock Hilton Rules"

This contest will be modeled as closely as possible after the "Las Vegas Hilton Super Contest" .

#1 NFL sides only. Contestants must select five teams per week, per entry. Contestants may not select both sides of the game.

#2 We will use the official Hilton line which I will post by Wednesday evening.

#3 The Posting deadline for the Sunday and Monday games is Saturday by 12:00 Midnight EST. Please read rule #7 for Thurs. and Sat. games.

#4 All picks must be posted in one post. In the event you're unable to post your picks because of technical problems please email them to [email protected]

#5 No corrections or editing of picks is allowed.......be careful, could result in a 0-5 for the week.

#6 This contest will run for the regular season of 17 weeks @ 5 picks per week = 85 total picks. 1 point for a win and 1/2 point for a tie.

#7 The Thursday-Saturday rule: If you're using a Thurs. and or Sat. game in your picks then all picks must be posted in one post at least one hour before the earliest NFL scheduled kick off time. See rule number 4.

#8 Tie Breaker Rule: In the final two weeks of the Mock Hilton contest (weeks 16 & 17) the top 5 contenders must email their picks to [email protected] Picks will be posted after the Saturday 12:00 o'clock deadline. If a tie still exists after week 17 we will take it into the NFL Playoffs.

#9 Top five winners payout: 40%, 25%, 20%, 10%, 5%

#10 Winners will be asked to verify payment to PayPal before prize money is released.

Looking forward to it.

What were the actual monetary payouts last year + # of guys? Just curious.

Comment

1. matwellin = 52.5 ..............40%
      2. ssantam = 51...................25%
      3. Carpet 50.5......................20%
      4. resteasy = 50...................10%
      5. Monroe Eaford = 49............5%

Comment

MOCK HILTON 2011 FINAL STANDINGS (UNOFFICIAL)
        1. matwellin = 52.5
        2. ssantam = 51
        3. Carpet 50.5
        4. resteasy = 50
        5. Monroe Eaford = 49
        6. bobomax = 48
        6. cford1 = 48
        8. bigdogdan2 = 47.5
        9. Dinger = 46.5
        10. atman = 46
        10. bret3518 = 46
        10. SteamRoxorz = 46
        13. The Kidd = 45.5
        13. OCK = 45.5
        15. Krichinsky = 45
        15. TheBlackCat = 45
        17. The Boys = 44.5
        18. Jason Daubenspeck = 43.5
        18. Oldluds = 43.5
        20. citizenc78 = 43
        21. Taxman = 42.5
        21. winandwin = 42.5
        23. becks = 41
        23. laxsfo99 = 41
        25. dragon1952 = 40.5
        25. woodee12 = 40.5
        27. widestrides = 40
        28. stardust = 38
        29. pjt95 = 36.5
        30. gamestar = 35
        30. hihosilver = 35
        32. chrny = 32.5
        33. JimmyMac = 31.5
        34. LSUDog = 27
        35. sacii = 25.5
        36. clueless13 = 24.5
        37. gearchanger = 23.5
        38. crash1500 = 22.5
        39. red raider 84 = 22
        40. dkp = 19
        41. xbigpappa = 17.5
        42. oakas = 16
        43. sherako = 15

Comment

Operation "Corn Field" is being discussed and should be in play this year

Comment

Get ready................Coming soon.

Comment

hey I suck at the NFL and am totally willing to give the powers that be my 50 dollars..

Comment

I'd like to see 100 in the contest this year?

Comment

Hey Boys, looking 4ward to this great contest. Great job running, and promoting! I had just one minor question concerning pay options. I mentioned the contest to a couple fellas at work, they were very interested, but hesitated with setting up a PayPal account. Asked about sending check, or money order instead? I don't want to complicate anything, but just thought I'd ask if any chance of other payment options? I am perfectly happy with all the rules as they are, so not stirring anything up

Comment

why not just have them give u the money and then u pay for them with ur paypal lol

Comment

Yes, a viable solution, that I of course considered, but thanks for the input nonetheless. To be honest, I myself would prefer an option other than PayPal, if given the choice. If you recall last year, the PayPal method was not without controversy. We had one extra person that hadn't paid, so we had to all send in proof seperately that we had paid, cause noone owned up to being the one that hadn't paid. Also, PayPal is not without a fee, so Jeff is incurring that cost, which he shouldn't have to. Just a thought, but if the person(say TheBoys) were to be the $ collector, and distributer of the winnings, his fee should be waived, the $50. That is how we run our fantasy league, the commisioner gets his entry free for running the show. And again, just a random thought here, not promoting any radical change, as this is what the thread is intended for, to get any thoughts in plenty of time for discussion. I truly am fine as things are currently if no change to system wanted. Thanks for listening.

Comment

Originally posted by oldluds View Post
                        Hey Boys, looking 4ward to this great contest. Great job running, and promoting! I had just one minor question concerning pay options. I mentioned the contest to a couple fellas at work, they were very interested, but hesitated with setting up a PayPal account. Asked about sending check, or money order instead? I don't want to complicate anything, but just thought I'd ask if any chance of other payment options? I am perfectly happy with all the rules as they are, so not stirring anything up
                        I'll ask Jeff.........Checks are a real hassle, they sometimes bounce. Think Jeff liked the PayPal idea because the money was there in his account and it made it much easier then collecting checks?

Comment

How does Postal Money Orders and or Western Union/Moneygram sound as an option, (no personal checks)? We will allow that this year.............I'll put up a new enrollment thread soon.

Comment

Thank you Boys! That is an excellant option. Appreciate the consideration, and quick response time.

Comment

Thank you Boys! That is an excellant option. Appreciate the consideration, and quick response time.
                              This is an excellent payment option vs Pay Pal, Pay Pal has fees and the security is suspect.

For those that do pay with a Money Order you will want to remind them to place the screen name they use some where on that Memo Line.

Comment

Working...
                              X