Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in THE REAL HILTON SUPERCONTEST??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think if we all use a gmail addy then we could do an email chain or even a chat.
    Getting all together at the same exact time could be difficult with personal responsibilities and time zones. (west coast here)

But first things first, who wants to do this? Lets get a team. If there's more than 5 should we split it into 2 teams? Lets get a list going.

Comment

bret, Dinger, dragon1952, krichinsky, resteasy and Taxman have all said yes.....not sure if widestrides was expressing interest with his post or not

Comment

Okay, how do we get the money to Taxman by next week?

We settle that and then we can spend the next two
        weeks deciding how to pick winners!

Comment

I think the team has to be picked first. If everyone picks their preferred team of 5 we can pick the 5 with the most votes and decide on a tie-breaker.

Comment

Jeff also is interested. So that is 7 Bret, Dragon, Dinger, Krinchinsky, Resteasy, Taxman, and Jeff....We have to settle on a team..I think Dragon has it right we should all just post the 5 that we want and whoever has the most votes... it is still early so maybe there could be 2 teams but i think we need to decide on one team for now..

Comment

Taxman offers the easiest option to get the payment in,
              so I'll step down and unless someone else declines that
              will make a team of five. No problem.

Comment

Gee...what will I spend my $300.00 on now?

Comment

Originally posted by Krichinsky View Post
                  Okay, how do we get the money to Taxman by next week?

We settle that and then we can spend the next two
                  weeks deciding how to pick winners!
                  As I said, I will be in Vegas Tuesday-Thursday. There is no need to rush to get me your share of the entry.

My main issues are having the team together. The team name.

COMPLETE agreement on the proxy to use. I know there are a couple of proxies out there. I am on a mailing list of the proxy that charges $300 for the service plus 2% of winnings. I have not dealt with that proxy service, so I am looking to see if others have referral or recommend a specific proxy.

Regarding the rush to get me your entry fee, just as long as I have a check prior to submitting the Week 1 picks, you are fine with me!
                  Last edited by Taxman; 08-10-2012, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bret3518 View Post
                    Jeff also is interested. So that is 7 Bret, Dragon, Dinger, Krinchinsky, Resteasy, Taxman, and Jeff....We have to settle on a team..I think Dragon has it right we should all just post the 5 that we want and whoever has the most votes... it is still early so maybe there could be 2 teams but i think we need to decide on one team for now..
                    There could be 2 entries if you get 3 more or if any individuals want more shares, which my complicate things. Just throwing out options.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
                      There could be 2 entries if you get 3 more or if any individuals want more shares, which my complicate things. Just throwing out options.
                      That's what I was thinking too. 1 more person for 8 could give 2 teams of 4. Problem there is getting the entry in.
                      Unless anyone wants to back out. I would like to play but find it hard choosing the accompanying team.

Comment

Originally posted by resteasy View Post
                        That's what I was thinking too. 1 more person for 8 could give 2 teams of 4. Problem there is getting the entry in.
                        Unless anyone wants to back out. I would like to play but find it hard choosing the accompanying team.
                        Well it sounds like Krin is backing out so that would be 6 but i dnt think jeff would want to stop one of us from being on the team so we could just go with the 5 of Bret, Dinger, Taxman, Dragon, and resteasy??

As far as proxy services the one I emailed seems to be a pretty good one. Jeff said the guy that runs it, Matty, writes an article every now and then for him says he is a good guy.
                        Last edited by bret3518; 08-10-2012, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bret3518 View Post
                          As far as proxy services the one I emailed seems to be a pretty good one. Jeff said the guy that runs it, Matty, writes an article every now and then for him says he is a good guy.
                          I have the email from Matty as well.

Well, over the weekend I will let everyone work out the team(s). My thing is, I do not want to have anyone miss out wanting to be a part of this opportunity to participate in the Hilton Super Contest.

Comment

I have the email from Matty as well.

Well, over the weekend I will let everyone work out the team(s). My thing is, I do not want to have anyone miss out wanting to be a part of this opportunity to participate in the Hilton Super Contest.
                            You do know one of the team MUST go to Vegas and enroll, the proxy cannot enroll for you. Then if you win the check can only be made out to the one enrollee.
                            Last edited by The Boys; 08-10-2012, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Boys View Post
                              You do know one of the team MUST go to Vegas and enroll, the proxy cannot enroll for you. Then if you win the check can only be mde out to the one enrollee.
                              The Boys, you must not have read my earlier posts....I'm in Vegas next week (Tuesday to Thursday). I could get everything completed on Wednesday.

Comment

The Boys, you must not have read my earlier posts....I'm in Vegas next week (Tuesday to Thursday). I could get everything completed on Wednesday.
                                Sorry Taxman I didn't see it.......good luck with your team. I'll be in it also, maybe I can come in first and you can come in second.........lol

Comment

Working...
                                X