Michigan/ALABAMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan/ALABAMA

Just thinking about this one.. I was astonished when I saw the line and I really think that it is most inflated. I really don't know a heck of a lot about Michigan but I know that Bama will try and run it against them and I don't think that will work but they do have some really deep threats which they actually have never had. There are a couple of Bama receivers that can beat any secondary in the nation. We haven't had that in the past but we do now. AJMac which I am not a fan of strong point is the deep ball so......I won't participate in the college contest nor the NFL contest this year..Good luck to all..

Alabama is a 12 point chalk of Michigan.

Michigan is touted as one of the horses in the Big 10 conference, and they will be difficult to play against vs many teams out there. But this is Alabama from the Sec with it's speed vs a Big 10 team.

The Big 10 does not match up well with speed teams with depth. The last team Coach Sabin played against he had 52 days to prepare a game plan. If memory serves me correctly the opponent did not cross the 50 yard line the 1st half.

Bama should win this game by 24 points

Comment

WOW,

Carpet, Alabama certainly is loaded from top to bottom again but I think the difference this time will be depth and a hard road schedule..I hope you're right and I am wrong but when you think about the SEC and Bama it has been won with a favorable home schedule. I again don't know a whole lot about Michigan but the spread seems a little high to me... Not trying to butt heads with you my friend but this one could interesting.. Good luck and I am sure you know tons about Michigan..So I hope your right..Let me finish with this.. Bama doesn't have the depth of last year.. Yes the top 22 are great but you have to have much more to win the National championship...

A much more focused RR84

Comment

Michigan might be the fastest team in the Big 10 conference hands down, but they are not prepared for the speed of the SEC so early in the season.

Comment

Alabama has lost in my opinion by far the most talent to the NFL in the last couple of years.. The loss of Barron and the linebackers and Richardson is brutal enough.. Now maybe they get away with it but in my opinion they will suffer for the losses this year.. TE gone..multiple linebackers, Barron,Richardson, starting corner. All the starting receivers. Not to mention what they lost in the previous year.. This is not the Bama team of the last two years.. They will be good and could have a shot.. Not likely though..

Comment

Things just got a little tougher for Michigan as they prepare for Alabama.

Michigan's star running back Fritz Toussaint has been suspended indefinitely following a weekend DUI arrest.

I liked bama coming into this game by 24 and I like them even better now.

Comment

Carpet,

Is he definitely out? Saw conflicting reports last night. Wow 24 that is a lot. Well you could be right but I think this one will be a good one.

Good luck buddy!!

Comment

Originally posted by red raider 84 View Post
                Carpet,

Is he definitely out? Saw conflicting reports last night. Wow 24 that is a lot. Well you could be right but I think this one will be a good one.

Good luck buddy!!
                Yes Red raider Toussaint is out just days before the game, however keep a close eye on this because that Michigan coach will do any thing to win and it would not surprise me if he gets a miracle reinstatement. I find it hard to believe that this stud running back will play, he failed a breath test by the police so the element of doubt is gone.

Bama is loaded on offense and they should be able to move the ball down field on the wolverines defense.

Michigan has one play maker Denard Robinson at QB, send the entire defense at him and this threat is eliminated. Robinson has never faced a defense as fast as Alabama and I would bet he turns the ball over 3 times in this game

My money is on Alabama this game

Comment

The word out of Detroit is that there is still no decision if Michigan RB Toussaint will play in this game.

He pled guilty to a reduced charge of driving while impaired vs a DUI and this might help his chances of playing. This is a very important game for coach Hoke of Michigan and you could pretty much think he is going to need all of his weapons vs Alabama.

Knowing Michigan over the years they will do any thing to win and I think that Toussaint will play. He is practicing with the team day to day.

Michigan's defense improved last year under hoke, giving up 17.7 pt's a game last year. In 2011 they have up 34.7 pt's a game a good improvement. But not enough to contain a speedy offense like bama.

I have looked at this game at least 5 times, inside and out. The special team play of Alabama will be a key turning point in this game. The sure speed and depth of Bama will show you that the Big 10 has is not at this level.

The wolverines are vastly over rated at this point in the season, I sure cannot say that about Alabama

Comment

This is a tough line. My gut is with Michigan but you see these type of lines all the time and the fav usually covers easily. When the points look like a gift from god, it's usually a trap. I may bite on Michigan but for a small wager only.

Comment

Was going to challenge the Michigan pick, but they have
                      covered 8 out of the last 9 non-conference.
                      Of course none of those were in the class of Bama.....

Right now the asking price for top deck tickets is around $300/350.

Comment

Courtney Upshaw was an absolute beast last year and by far the best overall player on the defense. He is gone. Mark Barron in my opinion is the best Strong Saftey in Alabama history. Trent Richardson in my opinion is the single most reason for Alabama's success in the last 3 years. They and everyone will see just how much he meant to this program. I could go on about Kirkpatrick, Menzie and all the others on defense. This Alabama defense may have been one of the top ten defenses of college football history. Most of that is gone. This is a fact. Alabama may squeak by but there is no way that they win by 14. I say it goes to the wire and a very exciting game for all to see.

Comment

@DonBestSports: Michigan has suspended starting RB Fitzgerald Toussaint and backup DE Frank Clark for Saturday's game vs. Alabama (-14, O/U 47) in Arlington

Comment

Good call initially carpet.......all the line services are just putting it out today.......you were 3 days ahead : )

Comment

Bama fans have landed in the Metroplex.
                              SRO at all the discount liquor stores.

Comment

Working...
                              X