Red Raiders SEC picks for week one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Raiders SEC picks for week one.

Let me start by saying my first year I did this was awesome but last year was abysmal. I think I am still well over 50% but lets call it even and start anew..

VANDY +7 ( I think SC is like undefeated on opening season Thursday nights.. Not sure.. They won't cover and I think could lose straight up..)
    FLORIDA -29 ( Bowling Green won't score in what in my opinion will be one of the top two defenses in the SEC. Question is has Florida's inept offense of last year capable of putting up 30+? I say yes..)
    NC ST +3 ( I love the Vols chances of being competitive again this year but not this game..)
    MICHIGAN + 13.5 ( BAMA is my team and I know they will have the best offensive line in the nation. Problem is they won't have the best defense even in the SEC)

I hope I do as well as the first year but that will be hard to duplicate. I don't think I will do as bad as last year though at least I hope not for that was shameful..
    Good luck guys..

Side note: Saw where Pappa Chippy was back in the mix. I am a fan. ("Pappy Chippy knows when to make his move") I for one am glad to see you back with us.. Good luck big guy!!

I may put the Auburn/Clemson game in this. I will have to look it up but I think Auburn owns them and SC. Yes I know that they own the state of South Carolina. Got to think on this one however. Frazier is the starting QB but running back issues and just not sold on them this year at all..

Comment

I will add ARKANSAS if they line the game. As of right now it is off. I say they put 50 plus on Jax st. This one I love..

Comment

I think LA tech +7.5 over A&M is a strong play.

I don't think much of KY this year (as you mentioned),
        but +14 at Louisville is tempting.

I really see an opportunity ($) in taking whatever is posted
        against A&M, at least for the first 3 games....i.e. Florida
        covers and then SMU gets double digits and they cover.

Sharp stuff RR. Thanks.

Comment

Krichinsky,

I have a buddy who every season preaches La Tech. I can't argue with you or him on that pick. Hard for me to handicap A&M or Mizzou. Just from the little I know about A&M I totally get what you mean. Good luck friend!!

Comment

Adding:

Clemson -3.5 ( I believe that Auburn will play with a lot of emotion early and may be ahead in the early/mid 3rd quarter but I just think that this will be a sub par Auburn team and will lose quite a few games this year. I don't like Sammy Watkins being out for Clemson though. Still too much Clemson in the end and the emotion will only take Auburn so far.

So I will leave it at these:

Florida -29
            Clemson -3.5
            N.C. st + 3.5
            Michigan +13
            Vandy +7

Good luck to all!!!

Comment

Nice. I am glad you are on vandy too. Too much action on sc for me.

Comment

Hey RR-
                You have an email address I can get a hold of you at? Got a couple things I want to run by you?

Comment

Woodee,

Yes I do. I will give you one tonight because I don't want to publish the my main email address.

RR84

Comment

Woodee,

Try [email protected]

RR84

Comment

Well thus far I am 1-2 and stinking.. Tennessee may be better than even I thought. Patterson seems to be a game changer for sure. Florida has to find a better qb because I played qb in high school and can throw a better pass than both those guys. The defense actually did worse than I thought they would. I did hit Vandy and I have Clemson and Michigan to salvage the weekend. I think in the end I be okay at least I hope lol..

Comment

Well you can lie or make excuses I suck.. Hopefully it will turn around but I wouldn't go with me till it does.. Totally shameful..2-3...I suck...,

Comment

Dude. Week 0. You will be fine. Keep firing away. Don't get tentative. You know you stuff. Nc state was a big disappointment. I liked them a lot too.

Comment

Working...
                          X