SC/VANDY discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC/VANDY discussion

Did anyone besides me see the article in today's paper by the Associated Press with Jerry Franklin? Mr Franklin a second year coach whom I actually like stated that his team is ready and feels as though they could beat the Green Bay Packers. I understand why the player give bulletin board material but for a coach even in his second year to do it is just plain stupid. First he is playing a superior team and one of the best offensive minds in college football history. He in my opinion is turning this program around but you just don't piss off your opponents period especially since you only had 77yds total offense against them last year. I will stay with my pick and take Vandy nonetheless. But instead of liking it a lot, I will put it as a 2 star play now.

Anyone with thoughts please feel free to post them here. I may go another direction tonight and choose one of the other games to wager on or put just a small wager on Vandy.

RR84

Maybe he meant the packers cheerleaders ?

Spurrier is already behind the 8-ball considering Georgia has a lighter schedule. He is 21-1 all-time in season openers and will find a way to exploit a Vandy Defense that lost its 3 top tacklers from a year ago...

Vandy's Qb ; 50% completion pct.- 9 TD's last season and 10 Interceptions ... 8 of the TD's were to the same receiver...

Stack the box, make him throw and double Matthews...

Gamecocks 30 Vanderbilt 20 ...

I may even throw something down on Wash St +12 ... A trash TD late could keep them inside this number...

Comment

Thanks Shawnee for your input. I know SC is going to be really good and have two monsters on the ends. I think again that this Vandy team will surprise a few teams this year. Maybe they don't do it tonight but they will be improved vastly. I know that tonight is going to be a blackout, meaning everyone is wearing black. Two of those that come to mind are Georgia doing a blackout against Bama several years back and Penn st doing a white out against Ohio st. about the same time. Both of those were beatdowns by the opposing teams.. I still am pulling for Vandy although my wager may be greatly reduced. Good luck Shawnee and thanks for your opinion..

Comment

Shawnee, throw you an upset winner of the week in the thread below. I posted the lines earlier today. It is a just for fun contest and lots of great picks come out of it.

RR84

Comment

Well the jury is still out. Shaw is knocked out and advantage Commadores. I hope that they hang on and pull off the upset..

Comment

Okay Vandy pulled it out.. Whew... l did back off my wager but a win is a win. Vandy will upset someone big at one point this season.. They are no push over this year. Just glad to get the first win under the belt.. Good luck everyone!!

Comment

Spurrier seems to have lost his edge ....

I really haven't look at most of this weekends slate but,

I'll take Ohio as an upset winner over penn st.

Comment

VAndy! My pick for week 0, Never any doubt in my mind.

Comment

I wasn't very Impressed with either Vandy or SC. any defense that takes Matthews out of the equation will beat Vanderbilt easily ...

S.Carolina will have to really shape up if they are going to contend in the East ...

On another note ...
                  ROLL TIDE ... Or is Michigan that bad?

Comment

Working...
                  X