Early College Looks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early College Looks

I always play a few early in the week if I think the lines may move a ton.

I read BW's write up on Iowa-ISU and they have it pegged.

Iowa vs. Iowa State

Iowa rose from -3 to -5 in a matter of hours yesterday. I grabbed them at -3 on the buy early in the afternoon.

I think Iowa rolls and I had the line at 7 in my head before it was released. Iowa has a HUGE revenge spot from last year's late comeback OT loss at ISU. Also, I think we are gettign good value this week as Iowa looked terrible at Soldier Field last week against Northen Illinois. The weather was horrible at that game with huge wind gusts so it was a game where they had to take what they could get. If Iowa would have rolled in that one, I think this line may would have been at 6-7 as an opener.

ISU beat Tulsa pretty good but it was closer than the final score indicated as Tulsa was right in it until the end. ISU QB, Jantz is good, but very inconsistent and is a few bad plays away from being benched every game. Not the best decision maker in the world and on the road on opening weekend in Iowa City, he will struggle.

Iowa by 10.
    (PS I hate Iowa football with a passion)

Other I like:
    Penn State +10 over Virginia
    Central Michigan +21 VS. Michigan State
    UTEP +7.5 at Ole Miss
    Georgia -2 over Mizzou

Also, 76% of the public is on Iowa State which always sweeetens the deal for me...

Comment

Hi Woodee allow me to pile on with a few early looks:

Louisiana Tech -3.5 at Houston. This Tech team is a very good football team. Illinois has them on the schedule in a couple weeks so I have been studying them. I like LTech in this one.

Wisconsin -7.5 at Oregon State: I look for the Badgers defense to contain the offense of State and should win this game running the ball all night long.

Alabama at home a -40 point chalk vs a feisty Western Kentucky team. I am not sure what to make of this game. The spread is just a bit to high for me to bite on.

And my game of the week:

LSU -23.5 at home vs Washington.

LSU is 22-0 in non conference games riding a 18 game home winning streak.
      WU is 1-10 non conference games away from home since 2001.

I really like LSU to cover this spot by 35....

Comment

Woodee:

I would stear clear of that Western Michigan pick, they are not that great this year. This Michigan State team is in my opinion is one of the best the Big 10 has to offer.

Comment

It's central Michigan not western. Cmu has an experienced team and mich state is in a sandwich situation with notre dame on deck next week. Good spot to look at a capable home dog playing a team that may not be all that focused on them plus getting 21. Worth a shot.

Comment

Like your other plays too. Just wish Houston would not have got beat last week by Texas state otherwise I would love la tech.

Comment

Woodee, I love the Utep pick.. Probably going to be my upset of the week. Of course I haven't been on fire the last year or so in the SEC. Still, I like the pick..

Comment

RR--

You mentioned Ole Piss is pretty bad...Are they that bad to lose to UTEP? I liked it but then see a lot of people picking miss too. Line has shot up in favor of miss today.

Feel free to join in anyone too!

Comment

Woodee,

Seems one of the Miss teams always does better than you think. That didn't happen last year but very well could this year. I really don't know much about utep except the game last week. It jumped out at me like you said but I also see where your coming from. I see lots of folks on it also. I have to say I am with you on Georgia also but first SEC game for these two Mizz/AM and that kind of scares me somewhat. Could be extra motivation for both of them and they are both at home. Heck I am just trying to get on the plus side each week so don't listen to me lol. Good luck!!

Comment

Here is a late look.
                    K state - 7 over Miami. A weird line. I will take k state to win by 10 here. Miami off b2b roadies.

Comment

Working...
                    X