Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widestrides NFL Picks Week 1

Last Season 123.5-100.5 (55%)

0-1 this week already with a Homer pick of the Giants.

Here we go:

Philly/Cleveland over 42.5. Vick and Weeden may light it up.

Bills/Jets over 38. I think Bills can score but their D is not very good, so Sanchez and Tebow should be able to finally get something going at home. Trouble for them will come later.

Pats -4.5. I know. I know. Sharps are on Tenny. But Jake Locker vs Bill Belichick? And Brady and his TEs and versatile offense vs the no-name Titan D. Kenny Britt is out. Pats want to put that SB behind them.

Jags +3.5. Mainly a play on a coin-flip game and I'm getting more than a FG. Jags looked good and displayed a good attitiude this preseason. Now it starts for real. Gabbert looking more confident.

Chiefs +2.5. I like the Falcons, but KC getting points in KC is tough to pass up. Crennel will have them ready on D like last year. Loud crowd for Falcons' no-huddle-muddle.

Packers -5 and under 47. I also respect the Niners, but GB is still smarting from the Giants loss and this is an NFL Championship preview. They and their Cheeseheads will be up for it.

Panthers -1 and under 47. Hoping there is no sophomore jinx for Cam Newton and TB is rebuilding with a rookie coach. Slow grass in Tampa keeps the score down.

Arizona +3. I like the new Hawks QB but he's a rookie making his first NFL start on the road. AZ D is good. Maybe not their O. Maybe under is the better play here.

Denver -1 vs Pitt. They all should be pretty pumped for Peyton. Steelers are not what they used to be. Mendenhall and Harrison are doubtful. Wallace is Questionable, DeCastro is out and Ryan Clark can't play in altitude. Peyton Manning to Eric Decker and balancing with a good running game.

Chargers +1. Dangerous going with the Chargers early in the season and on the road, but they have to be alert to get off to a good start, don't they? Hmmm?

Last edited by widestrides; 09-09-2012, 08:19 AM.

6-5 with Chargers to go. I'll take that on this tough first weekend.

Comment

7-5 for Week 1.
      58.3%.

I'll take it and run.

Comment

Working...
      X