X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RestEasy NFL Week 2

Thursday Night Football!

Bears +5 -110
    These are not the bears of last year. Martz is gone and Mike Tice has the football team focused on its strengths. They can run with forte and bush, go deep with marshall and jeffrey and do well in the inbetween. Cutler is back adn healthy and seems comfortable and focused. The defense looks like it will be good throughout the year though not a top 5 certainly a complement to the offense.
    The Packers are a good team. Picking the bears with points is not indicative of any one team's dominance more so an acceptance of the improvements and the lack thereof. The defense requires more work. Alex Smith carved them up last week. This is not abnormal what was abnormal was Rodgers not catching up with his offense. 9er D > bears D no question. 14 points separates the 9er win from the bears spread. I don't believe they are 13 points worse.
    Tonight, Rodgers will score more but that defense will again make him work. They don't have to lose for us to win. Take the points.

Also, with that D
    Chicago tt o22.5 -1110

Tease
    bears +11, over 45 (to win 3.6)

1st Half
    Bears tt o10.5 -125

will add more for this in this thread
    Last edited by resteasy; 09-13-2012, 04:09 PM.

I like the Pack. Bear D is not up to snuff. Urlacher barely 50%. Jennings and Starks out for GB so that hurts.

Over 51 or 50.5 if you can get it might be the way to go.

Thursday night home teams have pretty good trend going. Short week really favors the home team. Packers highly motivated and will get after Cutler. Bears OL still a work in progress. So is Packer D I guess.

GL. Should be an entertaining game.

Comment

yep, wrong side. I was waiting for green bay's D to show and it finally did.

Comment

Bears D always tough on Rogers. Fake FG for a TD and Cutler INTs or this would be a lot closer.

Bears OL still very leaky. Everyone will just bring pressure on Cutler.

Packers certainly don't look like the best team in the NFL, or the NFC

Comment

Originally posted by widestrides View Post
          Bears D always tough on Rogers. Fake FG for a TD and Cutler INTs or this would be a lot closer.

Bears OL still very leaky. Everyone will just bring pressure on Cutler.

Packers certainly don't look like the best team in the NFL, or the NFC
          agree, that's why I went with the bears. Packers have holes on both sides. I thought perhaps the bears were a better team than they showed and still think they're better than tonight but just couldn't take that step. A missed td by marshall in his hands, forte out midway was huge and cutler tossing up balls. Bears have some inept receivers (bennet needed to come back to that ball, marshall needs to catch what hits his hands). Where was Jeffery in this game too?
          Packers took advantage of these faults but again, not the best team in the NFC and showed that loss to the 9'ers was not a fluke.

I have some other looks for this sunday I like. Most I liked more than this game.
          Season rolls on.

Comment

Let's add a couple momentum killers by the replacement refs. The 12-men on the field was a close and odd call. This gave GB a new set of downs versus having 4th and 3. Result was 3 points. AJ Hawk pushing a Bears OL player and when the Bears player pushes back he does a classic NBA flop move, 15 yard penalty...driver killer. This fuels the frustration and the Bears press harder and make careless mistakes. Momentum is under rated by many fans and a butterfly type effect can change the outcome (opinion).

Handicapping the replacement refs, may want to add 1/2 point to the home team. Easier to be cheered then jeered.

Comment

Agree with favoring the Home teams more with the replacement refs.

I thought it would also mean more overs as linemen are getting away with a lot of holds, but DBs are also getting away with holding, grabbing and P-I. So maybe it evens out as far as the total.

If a guy is heading off the field, they should make it more a judgement call. That's ridiculous and I had the Packers.

Comment

Only 1 week hard to say that is the case with home teams. Didn't work out for the saints or browns.

Packers getting calls at home is not odd (*cough * giants game *cough*)

The PI calls seem sporadic and inconsistent.

Comment

Sunday Football

Baltimore +2.5 -105
                  First, my money has no team.

I don't believe in Philly. Never have. They looked mediocre last season, Vick was terrible the few snaps he played in the preseason and that carried over into a horrendous week 1. Now Maclin is nursing a sore hip and Desean is nursing a hamstring which could easily become a problem in game. Both likely to play but it's another issue.

The ravens were a shanked field goal away from the superbowl. They dominated the preseason and that carried over into week 1 where they dominated a better team than the eagles nearly lost too. Flacco even left early.

I don't care what Andy Reid's record is for home starts (stats don't hold up ask the superbowl winners), I don't care that the eagles are home (that crowd can be vicious for the home team [even santa] too), I don't care that the week is shorter for the ravens. This is Baltimore's game to lose.

Saints -2.5
                  Love that line in what I think could actually be a field goal win. For some reason the panthers and saints often (not always) play close. But the D with the panthers is weak and Brees has plenty of weapons at his disposal. After last week they'll be armed and ready.

Panthers should also get points on the currently weak saints D that I do believe will see improvements week to week throughout the season but I don't see it being enough.

KC +3
                  Hali is coming back on D which will help a lot there. Believe Flowers may be coming back too which just increases their value. Buffalo lost Fred Jackson for about a month and David Nelson for the year which again helps the Chief D. KC has arguably more weapons on offense than the jets (better RB, similiar WR and qb talent).

The X-factor here is the Bills D. They made moves to improve that D which have yet to reveal themselves.

Believe the chiefs win this game but will be comfortable taking he points.

Redskins -3

Yes, they were impressive week 1. Does that mean they'll come out and destroy the rams? Maybe. At first glance I didn't trust this game but after seeing the injuries the rams have taken to the O-line (center and left guard) and taking into consideration the D of washington and the playmaking ability of RG3 I like this line enough to put down on it.

If Kevin Smith can do what he did to this rams team then morris and the other 2 (with shanahan who knows who'll get touches) should have a good day. Only concern on the skins is Garcon's injury but that rams o-line is enough for me.

Seattle +3
                  I can find an argument for either team to win. Dallas looked good last week but several dropped passes helped them look better. Seattle looked mediocre but were in it until the end with questionable play calling that made me wonder how lynch's back spasms were during the game. You'd think they would have tried the run a little more towards the end.

At home I think seattle keeps this close.

Colts pk +105
                  They got beat by a good team on the road. Still, Donald Brown moved the ball and Luck look ok. Vikings edged out the lesser jags at home in OT win now go on the road to Luck's home opener. Taking the home team.

Steelers -5
                  Revis is out and Big Ben has 2 great receivers. It sounds like Cromartie will cover Wallace as their strengths matchup and Revis would have been on Brown. Hill is hurting, and a slew of other injuries not the least of which are on the steelers including a questionable Harrison and Polamalu.

Heinz field advantage and despite the offensive line of pitt looking like crap I still lean it though not as strongly as I do my other picks.

Ok, good luck and enjoy the Football!

Comment

I am done with those chiefs. wow.
                    and saints... man oh man. I figured it'd be a 1 possession game but man it wasn't really that close was it now? 0-2 in the POW contest now. SHould have stuck with ravens as I had it typed in then erased and submitted saints. damn

2-2
                    but how about them GMEN!? really how about them? Scary as hell. Giants win though!!!
                    really wish the ravens won that game. They had the opportunities. Still, they look like a great top tier football team.

Comment

2ND Half

dal/sea over 21
                      seattle team total over 9.5
                      Skins pk
                      steelers/jets over 20.5 -125
                      Last edited by resteasy; 09-16-2012, 04:53 PM.

Comment

thursday night
                        0-4
                        Sunday game plays
                        4-3
                        2nd half plays (not sure what I was thinking on that pitt/jets over)
                        1-3

5-10 for the week
                        terrible.

but Giants win!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X