X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RestEasy NFL Week 3

Sunday Football!!

Redskins/Bengals Over 49
    The redskins have several Major losses on the defensive side of the ball. Major. Bengals will get on the board. On the other side, the bengals D is not pretty this year. They let the browns put up 27. The Browns!
    Of the 4 total games played by these 2 teams the lowest game score was 57.

Lions -3.5
    Titans have looked like trash. Yes, they've played good teams ( though not sold on chargers see below). Chris Johnson has rushed for what? 3 yards? Sorry my bad, 21 yards! They have gotten absolutely blown out in each game and now have to face megatron, a healthy kevin smith oh and the debut of Mikel Leshoure.

Rams/Bears Over 43
    No Matt Forte is a blow but they that's why you go out in the offseason and sign a Michael Bush. More than a week of practice after a big loss and playing at home will get things on track offensively.
    The rams have been hanging tough with teams upsetting a rising washington team last week. They are on a high and they'll ride it into soldier field. Colts can put up 21, they can come close and the bears will do the rest.

Colts -3
    The most surprising thing about the Colts so far this year isn't that Luck is playing well but that they have played so well against the run.
    16 carries for AP last week. That's what, 125 yards right? Nope, 60 yards. The week before Forte chalked 80 yards on the same number of attempts In chicago. If they can keep MJD from running rampant, Rashard Jennings is looking to be out again so then it'll be up to nicked up Blaine Gabbert to beat them in their dome through the air...

Jacksonville's left guard and right tackle are questionable to come back for this game after missing last week. Freeney for the colts may miss again (out last week) with a sprained ankle but Mathis will be in the mix to take advantage.

Donald Brown is a capable running back for the colts against a D that currently ranks 30th (only out of 2 weeks though and 1 being against houston so not the most satisfying statistic) who gave up 5td's so far. Avery has emerged as a got to go guy when star veteran receiver Reggie Wayne is blanketed or the stanford familiar coby fleener is not available. In other words he's got options. Oh and he can run too.
    I can't think of the weapons Gabbert has. Blackmon... hasn't showed anything yet at all. MJD of course is their go to guy. Jennings... out. Robinson will be the x-factor if they get him going but that's a limited potential based on their QB. I'll take the chance at home.

Arizonia +3.5
    Philly has been playing their games close to the chest seemingly matching the opponent they're playing. The cardinals have been playing their games understanding their defense is much better than people think it is most likely do to their highly questionable offense.
    You know, arizonia is something like 9-2 in their last 11 games. Guess what, one of those games was against philly IN philly last season. Eagles know Kolb, but I think the strength of this cardinal team, it's defense will also know Vick pretty well.
    Home game, 2 strong defenses I'll take the points.

Atlanta Falcons +3
    "The chargers are looking really good right now"
    I hear that a lot. Looks can be deceiving. They beat who? The raiders and the titans... wow I'm... impressed?
    Who have the falcons beat? The chiefs... not too impressed with how they're playing. And the Broncos. Ok, better. In both instances they downright dominated the teams. Their defense is looking excellent and their offense is firing.

Chargers dominated too right? Well, they did against the titans at home but in oakland.. they failed to capitalize on the amazing ineptitude of the replacement long snapper far too often settling for field goals. I didn't see miami settling for field goals.

The falcons question will be how are they on the road against a good opponent. They showed promise in KC so I think they'll be fine.
    The chargers question will be how will they perform against a playoff caliber opponent? We'll see.
    I'm taking the points and liking the falcons to upset.

Pitt-4
    Oakland is bad.
    Pitt is battling through injuries but it's something they've battled through before. Oakland doesn't have that experience together. They'll rely on McFadden and pitt will rely on big ben to continue those long drives he's been putting together this season to keep McFadden off the field and their D to keep the raiders in check.
    I know, Pitt's D isn't what it use to be especially with injuries. I'll take pitt's clock eating offense and so-so D over the Oakland McFadden's combined efforts.

Sunday Night
    Baltimore -2.5
    It's something else to see that one of these teams will be 1-2.
    The pats haven't showed that cohesiveness the ravens have shown. Couple that with injury to Hernandez, ravens at home on a sunday night and even though I don't completely think it's as major a factor as we tend to think they will want payback for going home last january.

Monday Night
    currently Seattle Seahawks +3.5

Their defense is good. Their offense is good. Which team am I referring to? Exactly. This being in seattle I like the seahawks with points.
    Could I write up more on this to make it more convincing? Probably but I'm tired and I know what i like.

Good luck!

1-3 on the morning.
    Lions went for the spread instead of tying up the game. Still, unreal game.
    Crazy 3 weeks.

Let's get it this afternoon.

Comment

Lions had to go for the TD because if they did kick the FG, TN would have the ball with 6 minutes left in OT, I doubt the Lions would see the ball again. So, go for the TD and win and hope the crappy D holds them for a tie? Bironas is a solid kicker, though he did miss one today. The modified OT rules do require a lot of coaching strategies.

Comment

Never mind, Coach claimed they were trying to draw them offsides but the crowd noise made them snap the ball. Whatever, CYA Your defense is bad!

Comment

haha yeah I get the reason for going for the TD but man did I see that coming. ANd it's even grosser that they weren't trying to go for it but accidentally did. haha man.

Good afternoon though so far.
          got 2 waiting to see if the steelers let up.

Comment

yep looked like the steelers were going to give that up and they did. How terrible was that D at the end? All the room in the world for the receivers. Terrible.

3-4 so far looking for balty to even it out

Comment

Working...
            X