Don't tell me about must wins!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't tell me about must wins!!

I love the last few weeks of the season in all sports.

How the fans talk about must win games.

Here's the classic example:

Yesterday, Detroit is playing at home against Minnesota Twins, if they win both games of a double header, the worst they would be is tied for first place with the White Sox as the Sox game was pending when Detroit went off.

Detroit went down in flame in the first game at -205

Then after the Sox had lost and usually the square bettor comes back with the philosophy 'you can't get swept in a DH', Detroit went down again at -225.

Basically a person getting sucked into the Tigers burned away -430 of their bankroll.

Now the books have really over inflated the lines for tonight's games (according to Pinnacle Sports):
    Verlander is -243 against KC
    Chris Sale is -248 against Cleveland

It's amazing how out of whack the lines are for both games, at least over inflated by 50 cents if not more.

I'm compiling the NFL must wins scenarios for the final 2 weeks of the season, which I will post here at that time in season. But as a sharp bettor, you can see how the line makers are trying to stick a premium on the square bettors. These 2 games are obvious examples.

Can you really lay that much wood on a mediocre team even if their 'ace' is going? It's shocking to see when a mediocre NFL team is in a must win, those lines are generally 3 points more.
    Last edited by Taxman; 09-24-2012, 01:09 PM.
Working...
X