NFL Circus Continues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Circus Continues

Wow!!! Roger Goodell has lost any bargaining ground. I BET this thing gets settled by Wednesday.

Horrible calls on both sides. GB touchdown was helped by a phantom pass interference on 3rd down.

Then Green Bay got robbed a couple times.

The league is a joke right now. Las Vegas must be going crazy right now.

I'm glad I ended on the right side, but would pe ticked off if I had money or lost in the contest by one game at the end of the year due to this game.

I'm pretty red-assed right now, I would have gone 4-1 this week in the Mock Hilton had the Packers covered. You cant even talk about point spreads on National TV without getting a nasty email from the NFL (theres Premier League soccer teams sponsored by online books!) but this credibility-destroying bullshit is allowed to happen. If you, like I, had Green Bay, you had the right side.

But that's handicapping.
    Last edited by Masked Prognosticator; 09-24-2012, 11:05 PM.

Comment

agreed, those of us that just got fucked hard up the ass on wagers AND contests would like to see the regular refs back on the job now that we have been victimized directly by this horseshit. un-fucking real that even refs with high school credentials could fuck up a game this bad.

Comment

Man, refs looked like they were giving the pack the game from halftime through mid 4th quarter throwing numerous holds and PI calls that were BS. Then they overcompensate with that terrible PI call and that last catch.... geez. Both had hands on it but looked like a pick. This will be an exhausting week of coverage.

Comment

I agree with you guys.

Look at this week, players were getting hurt by the fact that these replacement refs are too timid and do not understand the complexities of the rules in a game that moves extremely fast.

Just ask Heyward-Bey or Schaub how they're feeling today.

Even last night's game was ridiculous!

Comment

Its not like the real refs are THAT much better . . . but they are THAT much better, if you get what I'm saying. This is a game of inches.

I also agree with the comment that the Packers got calls too, and frankly, they could have played much better early in the game. But there were three blown calls on that last Seattle drive, its a complete outrage. The NFL draws BILLIONS of dollars a year-----pay the fucking guys.

Comment

Seen a few player's comments, but where has the
              NFL players association been on this?
              and....these games are lasting forever.

Comment

funny thing is a game isn't just decided by the last play or last couple plays.
                This was gifted to seattle and the pack were also gifted extended drives ending in a FG and a TD.
                It was a foul game with foul officiating the entire game.

This can not continue. But even if they strike a deal I believe it'll take at least a week to finish up the paperwork and physicals and such. So week 4 will be full of this garbage as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Masked Prognosticator View Post
                  I'm pretty red-assed right now, I would have gone 4-1 this week in the Mock Hilton had the Packers covered. You cant even talk about point spreads on National TV without getting a nasty email from the NFL (theres Premier League soccer teams sponsored by online books!) but this credibility-destroying bullshit is allowed to happen. If you, like I, had Green Bay, you had the right side.

But that's handicapping.
                  There was a bullshit pass interference call on Seattle that extended the scoring drive that put Green Bay ahead in the first place. I'm sure those that backed Green Bay are going to ignore that and cry foul anyway.

Comment

I must admit this wild wild west of officiating has been aggravating, but the games are thrilling as a train wreck.
                    I would rather see a non-call then a phantom flag. The NFL is one of the best products in the world and to see this unravel
                    is nuts. How can you handicap games where momentum changes on b/s flags.

Comment

I love it when people lose and claim they had the right side ... lol
                      The packers allowed the Seahawks to hang around and got beat in doing so.

I'm confused here. How was it a bad call???
                      There wasn't even enough evidence on a replay to overturn it.
                      IF the ref had called it an interception that would have stood as well.

All this bitching and moaning could be avoided by the fans boycotting the stadium until the NFL resolves the issue with the refs. As long as the fan is buying the ticket they have very little incentive to cut a deal.

You can't bitch when you are busy stuffing your asses into stadium seats to watch these games. A loss of revenue would force the NFL's hand,, no?

Comment

Originally posted by ShawNee922 View Post
                        I love it when people lose and claim they had the right side ... lol
                        Winners win and Losers whine and trust me I can whine with the best of 'em! :D

Comment

Originally posted by ShawNee922 View Post
                          All this bitching and moaning could be avoided by the fans boycotting the stadium until the NFL resolves the issue with the refs. As long as the fan is buying the ticket they have very little incentive to cut a deal.

You can't bitch when you are busy stuffing your asses into stadium seats to watch these games. A loss of revenue would force the NFL's hand,, no?

That is not a true statement. I would say that 90% of each teams' tickets are sold to season ticket holders. Due to season ticket renewals, those tickets have been purchased in the spring.

There are only a few teams that have the potential of games being blacked out, those teams would only be the one's that could make an impact, if any.

Remember '87? The replacement players played to sold out stadiums. That's the joy of being a season ticket holder. The tickets for the entire season have been sold. The owner's recognize the revenue when the game kicks off. Look at baseball games that have the stands half filled. But the announced attendance is at or near capacity.

A boycott will never ever happen!

Comment

The ref should have explained to everyone listening that possession was not reviewable.

And THAT is worse than the bad call. The technology is there to do justice, but the rules prevented it. WHY NOT allow conclusive. indisputable video replay to determine possession? It is used to determine a sideline catch or juggle. Why not possession? The Rules Committee will meet and put that in - I assure you. And maybe they should allow Replay to correct ANY obvious fouls - like Tate's big push off.

Hey, I was rooting for Seattle, but let's be fair.

And the refs should have huddled and conferenced before making the ruling on the field. Why did the one ref allow the other to over-rule him?

And finally - sure it was a bad call. But are we so sure the regular refs would have seen it clearly?

Comment

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2012/09...ports-betting/

Comment

Working...
                              X