RestEasy NFL Week 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RestEasy NFL Week 5

Rain predicted for most of east coast so not sure how I'll play those yet.

Baltimore -6.5
    I have lost faith in KC. They continue to let down with non-competitive game after non-competitive game. Took a chance on them last week again after showing a spark in New Orleans but all that showed was it takes a truly dysfunctional team to beat a dysfunctional team.
    The ravens are not dysfunctional and should roll over them.

Minnesota -5.5
    This is not a team of pretenders. They have an all star running back, at least one great receiver in harvin, a tight end with above average skill, a good kicker, good special teams, great run d and can get pressure on the qb.
    The titans have... well.... Matt Hasselbeck is starting. That may provide some boost to them but not enough to compensate for a bad offensive line, atrophied run game and stale receivers. Plus, @minny i don't see it happening for them.

Indy +7
    But it's green bay! They are super awesome discount double check!
    Colts off a bye losing their coach for an undetermined amount of time to leukemia playing at home. I think they play with spirit enough to cover the points.

Pitt -3
    Mendenhall, Harrison and Polamolu are back. That is big by itself. Add to that playing at home and off a bye week and you have a dangerous pitt team this week. Philly is playing well but can they keep holding on? I don't believe so, not this week at least. If Andy Reid is smart he'd run the ball a lot more like they had last weekend but I don't believe that will happen especially if the eagles are down at any point.
    I can see the steelers taking long drives and eating clock and I can see Vick getting antsy and making a mistake or 2. He played well against the Giants but the eagles always seem to do that and until he does it again I don't see a trend and I can't just put out of my mind the first 3 weeks.

Sunday Night

New Orleans Saints -3
    Unitas' record about to be broken, Sean Payton in attendance, Home crowd and an ok chargers team. Ok? yes ok. They beat some really bad teams and were crushed by a really good team.
    Saints are 0-4 so they're bad right? We know that's not true. The personnel are almost completely the same on the field but they seem lost. I can't think of a better game for them to get back on track than in this spotlight.
    They've been in every game at the end and I think in this one they prevail.

saints/chargers Over 52
    they'll prevail with lost of points on the board from both teams.

teaser saints +4, over 45
    Last edited by resteasy; 10-06-2012, 03:19 PM.

Like Pitt and Saints and the Saints teaser.

Was leaning GB. I don't think the Colts will be in a Win one for the Gipper frame of mind. He was new and now they have another new guy to get used to. Distractions. This is still a 2-14 team from last year with a rookie QB and they still don't have even an average defense. Luck is not playing as well as RGIII or even as well as Tannehill. Rodgers missing Greg Jennings but he's starting to find James Jones, and Jordy Nelson should have a field day and Cedric Benson will find running room against a soft Colts D. They never cold stop the run. Maybe Colts score too and over is a good play.

GL

Comment

Yeah, it was a hard game to figure but there is something about it. More of a feeling they may cover even if through the backdoor in which I hope the pack keep it slow with the run. Someone goes the other way I see absolutely nothing wrong with that play.

ADDING

Monday Night Football

Houston -8
      Houston has been steamrolling their opponents and the Jets have been becoming more and more .... what's the proper adjective... flacid.
      Keller and Hill likely out on top of their star defensive player and star offensive player. They have a bad run game, terrible qb and are facing the #1 team in the NFL.
      If the Jets have any chance to cover it's via the backdoor.. I don't see an answer on defense or offense for the jets.

Teaser
      Houston -2, balt -.5

Comment

oops it posted twice.
        Good luck all!

Comment

1-2 on the morning
          Colts pull through and actually win! Knew it'd be close but didn't have enough confidence to pull anything on the ML.
          Ravens fail to score a single TD and pitt edges out philly. Thought that last one could come down to a game winning FG just thought it'd at least be tied at that point.

Comment

Dogs doing it again today.

Comment

2-2 with night and monday game.
              couple that though with several teasers I had and it's been a very good day. Should start posting those more too as starting to gain some grip on this crazy nfl season.

Comment

Originally posted by widestrides View Post
                Dogs doing it again today.
                Actually it wasn't a Dog Day. Dogs were actually 6-7 so far this week with the Jets to go.

Nice hit on the Saints, the over and the teaser!

We got some breaks with the Saints on that last drive. Feel bad for that big lineman. He should have asked out, or his line coach should have seen that he was crippled.

Comment

5-2 on the day

Yes, the refs called some crap calls on that last drive. Never thought the teaser was in trouble after mid 3rd quarter or the over but thought the game may go OT and end as a push.

Comment

6-3 on the week.

Really didn't think the Jets could do much of anything but the texans played extremely lax and conservative. Oh well, good week.

Comment

You said it. Texans did not give their backers much of an effort. If Jets O didn't make mistakes, they may have been able to win that game. RedZone INT and Watt swats did them in. Kubiak VERY conservative. I'd be pissed if I had Texans -8 or -9.

Comment

Working...
                      X