Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Titans tonight....Sharp play or stupid play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titans tonight....Sharp play or stupid play?

Steelers a hug public fav tonight at a bad Tenny team.

I really want to take a shot at Tenny and may if I can get +7 but chcikened out making it one of my hilton picks.

On paper, this screams a Steelers blow out but the line is not moving much.

I bet a few sharps are on Tenny.

I will probably bite for a small play as Pitts seems too obvious for a Thursday night game, but not worth a normal size wager and probably a good pass. But you know how the NFL goes....Obvious usually means a 'L'.

What do you think?

Well, I like the contraian. I have a high school friend in Nashville and he commented about how many Steelers fan are in town.

Throw out all the Thanksgiving games, home dogs of 6-7 points on Thursday since '86 are 3-2SU, 4-1 ATS.

I'll give Tennessee one more shot at +7. Hoping/thinking this game will be competitive. Plus, I like going against the public.

Year Week Date Non-Sun Team Road Game H/A # Opponent Point Spread Team Score Opponent Score S/U Record ATS Record
    1986 12 Week 11/20/86 Thurs. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS H H6 OAKLAND 6.5 31 37 L W
    1998 07 Week 10/15/98 Thurs. DETROIT LIONS H H3 GREEN BAY 7 27 20 W W
    2008 16 Week 12/18/08 Thurs. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS H H8 INDIANAPOLIS 6 24 31 L L
    2011 11 Week 11/17/11 Thurs. DENVER BRONCOS H H5 NEW YORK JETS 6 17 13 W W
    2011 16 Week 12/22/11 Thurs. INDIANAPOLIS COLTS H H8 HOUSTON 7 19 16 W W
    Last edited by Taxman; 10-11-2012, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Steelers are not good this year, take the home dog.

Comment

Great call Horn

Comment

Thanks taxman but you had all the stats to back it up. Im not good at doing write ups I just knew that the steelers are bad on the road this year and titans needed a big one at home in the national spot light if you call the NFL network that lol

Comment

I put an average size wager on them too...I felt this one coming but too hard to guage since the Titans have been so bad on D. The steelers do NOT look good besides Ben.

Comment

Using our Mock Hilton lines, home dogs are now 18-10-1 ATS and 15-14 SU (including the Ten win last night). The first 3 weeks of the season home dogs were 13-5-1 ATS and 12-7 SU.
              Weeks 4-5 they only went 4-5 ATS and 2-7 SU so maybe it's going to start evening out?
              But then the Titans pull out both the ATS and SU win last night. There are only 2 more home dogs this
              week, Sea +3.5 vs NE and Was +2.5 vs Min. I like Was +2.5 quite a bit but not sure about Sea. NE's 33 ppg
              average might be hard to offset.

Comment

Working...
              X